ChiangMai

butterbarter

Reaction score
Actually, I don't recommend you leave CR for the airport on the same day as your flight. Any long delay, like a big traffic jam, bus breakdown, flood, etc, could make you miss your flight.

I would suggest 2 nights in CM, 2 nights in CR, and the last night in CM again. This way, you will be back in CM the day before your flight, giving you lots of time. Slightly more troublesome, but if anything goes wrong, you still have 24 hours to make up for it.

You can buy green bus tickets online and pay with credit card, or at any 7-11 within 2 hours.

Thanks beanstalk6 and jingyenyen. If this is the case, i think i will stay first 3 nights at chiang mai, then 2 nights at chiang rai.

On day 6, my plane departs at 4.55pm. So what time must I check out of chiang rai hotel to head for chiang mai airport?

So does that mean I will take the vip green bus to chiang mai bus staion arcade. And then take a cab to airport?

jingyenyen

Reaction score
Actually, I don't recommend you leave CR for the airport on the same day as your flight. Any long delay, like a big traffic jam, bus breakdown, flood, etc, could make you miss your flight.

I would suggest 2 nights in CM, 2 nights in CR, and the last night in CM again. This way, you will be back in CM the day before your flight, giving you lots of time. Slightly more troublesome, but if anything goes wrong, you still have 24 hours to make up for it.

You can buy green bus tickets online and pay with credit card, or at any 7-11 within 2 hours.

i agree with butterbarter cause i met once the bus breakdown upon reaching cei, lucky was between my trip.

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks all. Where is the best location to stay in chiang mai? The wall is so big, i m lost.

What about chiang rai, where should i stay near to?

butterbarter

Reaction score
Any place within the walls should be fine. Stay near the south side if you want to visit the night market. Stay near the east side if you wanna checkout the nightlife and the bazaar. The area is pretty small and a quick bicycle or cab ride will get you to most places within the wall in just a few minutes.

For Chiang Rai, the clock tower area is convenient. It's near the bus station and night market, and the location is quite central. Chiang Rai is pretty small to begin with.

Ok thanks all. Where is the best location to stay in chiang mai? The wall is so big, i m lost.

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Stay to the east of the wall or its Tha Phae Gate. The Meridien is a landmark in the area. In any case the wall is only 1 x 1km.

jingyenyen

Reaction score

new and in city area.3 min walk to everything..

http://www.hichiangrai.com/en-gb/accommodations.htm

raming may be old,but still ang mos fav..
DCQco0r.jpg
[/IMG]

or this apt quite new.
4bb8JdC.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 1
Arrive Chiang Mai 4.15pm
Check in hotel
Explore City & Sat Night Market
Early Night

Day 2
What time need to wake up? :o
Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, need to travel out for this? :o
Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Chiang Man
Sun night Market

Day 3
8.15 Am VIP green Bus to Chiang Rai 11.15am
White Temple
Black House
Chiang Rai Night Market

Day 4
Golden Triangle Tour
Chiang Rai Night Market

Day 5
9AM vip green Bus back to Chiang Mai 12pm
Doi Inthanon National Park, enough time for this? :o
Daily Night Market

Day 6
Do what before flying back? :o
4.55PM flight back to Spore

Itinerary okay? :o

Can slot in these 3?
1. Central Airport Plaza
2. Maya Lifestyle Shopping Center (Plenty of female stuff)
3. Central Festival (Selling branded stuff)

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Day 1
Can slot in these 3?
1. Central Airport Plaza
2. Maya Lifestyle Shopping Center (Plenty of female stuff)
3. Central Festival (Selling branded stuff)

Day 2- as early as you can, so you can reasonably be back in town around noon.

Day 5- you will not have time for Doi Inthanon

Day 6- this is your chance to visit Central Airport Plaza in the morning on the way to the airport

Avante7227

Reaction score
Day 2
What time need to wake up? :o
Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, need to travel out for this? :o
Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Chiang Man
Sun night Market
/QUOTE]

You can add Huay Kaew Waterfall and/or Maya Shopping on the way back from Doi Suthep as both are along the way.

When is your trip?

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 2- as early as you can, so you can reasonably be back in town around noon.

Day 5- you will not have time for Doi Inthanon

Day 6- this is your chance to visit Central Airport Plaza in the morning on the way to the airport

Then what time need to start for Doi Inthanon? :o

Avante7227

Reaction score
I'm currently in CM until 23 Nov, staying at Nimman Rd.
Anyone going Pai or CR and don't mind one more person to tag along and share cost?
My LINE ID is Steven7227
TIA

butterbarter

Reaction score
I assume you have private transport. Start in the morning, before 9am preferably. The road up to Doi Ithanon is narrow and twisty. You can't just drive up at full speed. It's a mountain road, and can be foggy in the morning.

I rode my motorcycle up from Chiang Mai, and it took about 2-3 hours to make it to the top. A car would probably take similar time.

Chiang Mai is far north, so the sun sets around 6pm. You don't want to be driving in the mountains in the dark, so give yourself plenty of time to drive down.

Based on your itinerary, the only day you can do this is Day 2. Some places (eg Doi Suthep, White Temple) are out of town. How are you intending to move around? Are you renting a car?

Last edited:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Day 2:

It is Doi Suthep (AM) + temples within city wall Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Chiang Man(PM)

OR

Doi Inthanon

jingyenyen

Reaction score

if going with a group tour usually they will ask you to wait at lobby around 8.30am and end the tour in mid afternoon and on the way back you can ask the driver to let you alight at central airport plaza aka robinsons.

don't go to the malls in the morning,the shopping start to open at 11am to 9pm.
you can go to central fest.when you back from chiang rai but difficult to shop with your luggage with you,better to stay in hotel around that area.

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Day 1
-Arrive Chiang Mai 4.15pm
-Buy return VIP Green Bus tickets
-Explore City & Sat Night Market

Day 2
-Doi Inthanon National Park need to start before 9am, return journey is 4-5hrs going with a group tour usually they will ask you to wait at lobby around 8.30am and end the tour in mid afternoon and
-On the way back you can ask the driver to let you alight at central airport plaza aka robinsons.
-Sun night Market

Day 3
-8.15 Am VIP green Bus to Chiang Rai 11.15am
-White Temple, need private transport or tour out of town?
-Black House
-Chiang Rai Night Market

Day 4
-Golden Triangle Tour
-Chiang Rai Night Market

Day 5
-9AM vip green Bus back to Chiang Mai 12pm
-Can go to central fest(selling branded stuff).when I back from chiang rai but difficult to shop with your luggage with me, better to stay in hotel around that area?
-Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Chiang Man
-Daily Night Market

Day 6
-Wake up early for Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep to travel out and back by noon,
-Can go to Maya Mall (plenty of female stuff) when on the way back. Need private transport
-4.55PM flight back to Spore

Itinerary okay?

kediraksith

Banned
Reaction score
Will be in CM this weekend until Next Tues... honestly i always go without much planning...not sure what to do...

I like to chill at doi inthanon though... fresh air, nice place... nice temple. sit in garden.

This time round not sure can do what also... sat and sun go night market so night time got thing to do liao... Ansuan market also... its the day that gets me...

Maybe go monchem one of the days and botanic gardens... never been there... maybe visit the village near doi suthep (been there once, crowded AF... sianz)....

Activities wise I heard got go kart la, ATV la, ziplining la... but thats about it right?

evewbb

Reaction score
Any recommendations for accommodation near tha pae gate - first time there :) TIA

Beno777

Reaction score
Any recommendations for accommodation near tha pae gate - first time there :) TIA

There are many many around that area. If you got the time can even walk around and see which accommodation to your liking just walk in to enquiry. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.