Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb_kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody tried the amari hotel opposite komtar? opened a few months ago. how does it compare to puteri pacific and double tree hilton

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody tried the amari hotel opposite komtar? opened a few months ago. how does it compare to puteri pacific and double tree hilton

friend tried, said not bad ...
however their lowest tier room no bath tub 27m2..

their price is quite hgih, 80+ to 90+ ...
sometimes more expensive than ksl ...

puteri pacific is quite old , about 20+ yrs at least ...
lowest tier have bath tub, about 33m2

double tree by hilton lowest tier no bath tub, about 28m2, need walk about 10min to city square , not really very accessible , unless u dun mind walking without shelter , or u can grab to ksl or city square about 7 myr

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Look back in this thread. I stayed one night. The pool should be accessible by now. Better try it since it is still new.

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
friend tried, said not bad ...
however their lowest tier room no bath tub 27m2..

their price is quite hgih, 80+ to 90+ ...
sometimes more expensive than ksl ...

puteri pacific is quite old , about 20+ yrs at least ...
lowest tier have bath tub, about 33m2

double tree by hilton lowest tier no bath tub, about 28m2, need walk about 10min to city square , not really very accessible , unless u dun mind walking without shelter , or u can grab to ksl or city square about 7 myr
No bathtub no problem, unless you're with kids? I personally prefer overhead showers to soaking in a public tub (I know they clean it la, but still a bit gross). SOME MORE HILTON GOT COOKIES HAHAHAHA!

The 10-minute is manageable la, akin to walking to the cafe area from City Square. Otherwise like you mentioned, Grab everywhere lo. Dirt cheap, with plenty of promo codes. I like Mutiara too but find it bit old.

Sent from Sony E6653 using GAGT

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
which place near city square can I get soldering stuff like flux, iron tips, soldering wires, ...?

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway for those lazy to walk, DoubleTree is only RM3 from City Square.

ivtoov3l.png

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can Grab in Malaysia function inter-state, eg frm JB go KL? How do you all handle mobile data in JB to book grab?

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I plan to take the KTM train to sentral but it's my first time. So assuming I buy a 12pm train ticket. How will I clear immigration? So do I reach woodlands ciq like 10am cause I am not sure if there is a human jam clearing immigration so that I will not miss the train? How does it work?

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I plan to take the KTM train to sentral but it's my first time. So assuming I buy a 12pm train ticket. How will I clear immigration? So do I reach woodlands ciq like 10am cause I am not sure if there is a human jam clearing immigration so that I will not miss the train? How does it work?
I've never taken train in before, only out, so I believe it's the same procedure. I think a 2-hour buffer is too big of a margin. Maybe 1115?

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So meaning only clearing immigration then I can present my tickets for boarding right
For coming out of JB:

For e.g. 2215 train, queues will start to form around 2130 (some kiasu ones maybe earlier). Scan ticket and show passport. Enter the gantry. X-ray machine and chop passport. Go down to platform. Board train. Reach SG, scan passport, X-ray machine. Done. Usually if jam it's Singapore side when coming back, but even so much better than the queues for bus.

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Woodlands to JB Sentral by KTM- there is dedicated and distinct immigration clearance from the bus and car passengers. Aim to be at the Woodlands Train Checkpoint at least 30min before your departure.

This is the place:
http://www.passportchop.com/asia/malaysia/shuttle-tebrau-woodlands-johor-train/
http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...place-at-woodlands-train-checkpoint-on-jan-17

Just be mindful that the access roads going to the location may jam due to spillover from the Causeway. Set out early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.