Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
Need some input from gurus here as I'm starting to work on my upcoming trip to Osaka & Kyoto in Q1 2018.

It will be a 10 days trip, from Saturday to following week Sunday. Am considering departing on 24 Feb or 3 Mar, I reckon both won't make much difference as I checked it doesn't coincide with notable public holidays in Japan (so probably airfare will decide when to go)

Scoot seems to have more 'ideal' flight times for direct flight (and of course the cheaper option compared to full fare airlines), since day 1 will be wasted on travelling, I'm thinking of heading straight to Kyoto upon arrival in Osaka on the same day, anything or points of consideration I should take note of?

Should I squeeze in a trip to Kobe (more for the beef than sight seeing :D)?

chainer22

Reaction score
Need some input from gurus here as I'm starting to work on my upcoming trip to Osaka & Kyoto in Q1 2018.

It will be a 10 days trip, from Saturday to following week Sunday. Am considering departing on 24 Feb or 3 Mar, I reckon both won't make much difference as I checked it doesn't coincide with notable public holidays in Japan (so probably airfare will decide when to go)

Scoot seems to have more 'ideal' flight times for direct flight (and of course the cheaper option compared to full fare airlines), since day 1 will be wasted on travelling, I'm thinking of heading straight to Kyoto upon arrival in Osaka on the same day, anything or points of consideration I should take note of?

Should I squeeze in a trip to Kobe (more for the beef than sight seeing :D)?

What time do you land in Osaka?

And yes to Kobe! Really enjoyed my day trip there, wish i can spend more time. Consider checking out the area around Maiko station.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
What time do you land in Osaka?

And yes to Kobe! Really enjoyed my day trip there, wish i can spend more time. Consider checking out the area around Maiko station.

Arriving in Osaka at 5.30pm on Saturday, departing Osaka the following week Sunday 3.10pm so basically I have got about 7 days to play around with

Kobe should be a single day program?

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kobe is pretty much a 1 day thing... depends on what you look for. You can have equally or even more brilliant steak elsewhere ;)

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How and when do u pay for kyoto buses?
Which r the recommended bus service for tourist??

sudden_wonder

Reaction score
Going Osaka in mid of Dec (6D5N)
- Any recommendation for Airbnb to host family with 3 kids (2 teenager)?
Thanks

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

buses in kyoto, like most buses in japan, has the entrance at the back(or sometimes middle) of the bus and you alight from the front. if you have a icoca or suica, you tap it when you enter and then you tap out at a sensor near the driver when you exit from the front. if you are paying in cash, you need to pick up a small paper chit near the entrance and then pay the appropriate amount as indicated on an electronic sign in front of the bus when you alight. you drop your coins and the paper chit into the payment box near to the driver. there is also a coin changing machine by the side of the payment box usually.

Reaction score
M1Ky5sGl.jpg

So as long the card holder (also a passenger) bring his card during check in ok already? We can fill up the verification form on the spot?

Sent from dala dala using GAGT
But let say the cc used to book air ticket is replaced with a new cc cuz of some fraud?

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

buses in kyoto, like most buses in japan, has the entrance at the back(or sometimes middle) of the bus and you alight from the front. if you have a icoca or suica, you tap it when you enter and then you tap out at a sensor near the driver when you exit from the front. if you are paying in cash, you need to pick up a small paper chit near the entrance and then pay the appropriate amount as indicated on an electronic sign in front of the bus when you alight. you drop your coins and the paper chit into the payment box near to the driver. there is also a coin changing machine by the side of the payment box usually.

One can also buy the day pass @ nt500 for adults and nt250 for children. Can take unlimited bus rides within the day. Each ride is nt230, so if one takes 3 or more rides, it will be more worthwhile to buy the day pass. day pass can be bought on the bus itself if i am not wrong.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
the more i see my itinerary, there seems to be something out of the way (in red) :s8:

i'll reach narita airport at 1230pm, taking nex express to shibuya airbnb.
by the time i reached shibuya should be around 3pm already.

so...

day1
shibuya

day2
harajuku

day3
tsukiji market (morning)
walk to ginza for Kimuraya bread store
tokyo station for Character Street
Ikebukuro(?)

day4
disneysea

day5
ueno ameyoko street (?)
travel back to Shibuya station for lunch (Hashidaya honten)
Shinjuku (Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office)
Omoide Yokocho
back to shibuya for final shopping!!

day6
Kuromon Ichiba Market
Umeda Sky Building
Dotonbori

da7
nara
Todaiji Temple
Wakakusa mountain
Kasuga Taisha shrine
Naramachi walk
Dotonbori

or is it current itinerary is ok? :s12:

juxtaposition

Reaction score
Day 5 n day 6 involves diff cities.
U plan go osaka 1 day and nara 1 day? That’s all?

the more i see my itinerary, there seems to be something out of the way (in red) :s8:

i'll reach narita airport at 1230pm, taking nex express to shibuya airbnb.
by the time i reached shibuya should be around 3pm already.

so...

day1
shibuya

day2
harajuku

day3
tsukiji market (morning)
walk to ginza for Kimuraya bread store
tokyo station for Character Street
Ikebukuro(?)

day4
disneysea

day5
ueno ameyoko street (?)
travel back to Shibuya station for lunch (Hashidaya honten)
Shinjuku (Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office)
Omoide Yokocho
back to shibuya for final shopping!!

day6
Kuromon Ichiba Market
Umeda Sky Building
Dotonbori

da7
nara
Todaiji Temple
Wakakusa mountain
Kasuga Taisha shrine
Naramachi walk
Dotonbori

or is it current itinerary is ok? :s12:

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
Day 5 n day 6 involves diff cities.
U plan go osaka 1 day and nara 1 day? That’s all?

we'll be taking shinkasen to osaka on day6 morning.
yes 1 nara 1 osaka only. previously we went kyoto and we didn't like it....
since its more of food/shopping trip, i think 2days is enough :s12:

haidoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendation for wifi egg for an 8 days trip in Tokyo? pardon me if this has been asked before.

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Jux to check IC card like icoca n suica can be used for normal train from kyoto to osaka?
I purchase JR pass but not covering the full duration of stay

w3nGaL

Reaction score
I have been wanting to go during cherry blossom season. A few qns I need help...i have not been to mount fuji, wanna go the theme park too and go Osaka/ nara day trip and Kyoto. Should I fly into Osaka n back from Osaka Or tokyo?

I have been to Tokyo once covering most of the places I have been to and dun intend to go again unless really need to (like tsujki market I love the food).

Any suggestion? Flight is ex during this period this need to consider before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.