Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurenai

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kobe: Steakland need call in reservation in advance or most likely can walk in?

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
I have a question, other than purchasing the CEP from Nippon Rental car in Osaka Kansai Airport, is there anywhere else I could purchase the CEP in Osaka?

I will arrive at Kansai Airport and would stay in Osaka for 1 day and will start to drive to Gifu/Nagano Area before driving down to Tokyo and after a few days in Tokyo. I will be driving down to Shizuoka-Ken and Aichi-Ken before going back to Osaka.

Would it be better to purchase the JEP or CEP pass?

Thank you very much!

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ha. Scare they think I terrorist or something. Ha. I guess just check in and don’t carry onboard ?
Yup as long as it is a kitchen knife and not a katana, you can just bring in as checked luggage.
If it is a weapon like katana (no matter how small), declare and surrender at Singapore customs, let them confiscate and then do the formalities to obtain licence and claim back from them.

Sent from using GAGT

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
any recommendation which place to get one in Tokyo.
not the super high end master smith one of course, something decent for normal kitchen.

dungeonalley

Reaction score
Nope it is not possible to use suica or icoca to make travels that crosses IC card regions, i.e. from Tokyo to Nagoya etc. This role is stated on Japan Guide as well.

Have been using a Suica in Kansai area for trains, bus and metro. the only time I cant use it was on the city tram in Hiroshima but that's about it. Only restriction is you can't refund your Suica in Kansai, vice versa for Icoca in Tokyo.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
6UBMh21l.jpg

Anyone knows what's this?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have been using a Suica in Kansai area for trains, bus and metro. the only time I cant use it was on the city tram in Hiroshima but that's about it. Only restriction is you can't refund your Suica in Kansai, vice versa for Icoca in Tokyo.

What it means that the trip cannot crosses IC regions. Of course you can use your suica in Osaka and your icoca in Tokyo.

vspecll_gtr

Reaction score
I have a question, other than purchasing the CEP from Nippon Rental car in Osaka Kansai Airport, is there anywhere else I could purchase the CEP in Osaka?

I will arrive at Kansai Airport and would stay in Osaka for 1 day and will start to drive to Gifu/Nagano Area before driving down to Tokyo and after a few days in Tokyo. I will be driving down to Shizuoka-Ken and Aichi-Ken before going back to Osaka.

Would it be better to purchase the JEP or CEP pass?

Thank you very much!

Anyone can help? Thanks!

espanajessie

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help? Thanks!

CEP and JEP follows your car rental and ETC card hence it must be applied at the location you are renting your car. Just email them or call them to ask them for reservation. Some outlets does not have ETC card stock or the billing machine hence they do not provide. In general the major rental car outlets at the airport and train stations does provide.

Which pass to choose that depends on how many days and the route you are taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.