Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually can also. Other than shell, should I get other brands like motul or Pennzoil, where you guys usually get these from? I only know mxtrading.

Side track a bit, other than relying on Wi-Fi, I don't have data plan in msia. Usually how you guys access to data? Buy a SIM card there? My frequency to msia is only once every 3 weeks nia so usage is really low that's why never think of uber to aeon from LCH

Sent from Wonderland using GAGT

Just bring your passport to buy a sim card from Digi. Cheap cheap, RM1 for 1 day, one time reload RM30 can last 30 days. Still cheaper SGD$10 a day from Singtel.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

HellHunter

Reaction score
Don’t think reliability is an issue for JB car workshops in my opinion.

I've heard a few horror stories though I'm sure most of the properly established shops are fine. There will definitely be those half past six types that will do anything just to get the car going.

Worst I heard was a friend's friend sent his car to fix his suspension bushings cos worn out. He didn't monitor how they did the job and when he took the car back it seemed ok. After a few days started giving problems so he brought to a shop here, they opened it up and found one of the sides instead of the proper rubber bushing, they stuffed in cloth and some crap. Pretty messed up.

I'd personally never send to a shop in JB that I didn't know myself or wasn't recommended by the bros here. We have little to no recourse if they mess our car up.

lurker88

Reaction score
This thread has been most useful to me and I thanked all all for your contribution and recommendation. So far I have tried

1. BTS spray for spray of bumper (affordable and good workmanship)
2. TT sports for only bumper clip and samurai lip (hard to assess since most ws can do the job)
3. LCH for alignment and tyre change (affordable and my impression of them is good)
4. Joo fatt for key duplicarion including remote and immobilizer (man I saved a hefty sum of money)

HellHunter

Reaction score
Actually can also. Other than shell, should I get other brands like motul or Pennzoil, where you guys usually get these from? I only know mxtrading.

Side track a bit, other than relying on Wi-Fi, I don't have data plan in msia. Usually how you guys access to data? Buy a SIM card there? My frequency to msia is only once every 3 weeks nia so usage is really low that's why never think of uber to aeon from LCH

Motul and Pennzoil can be quite pricey but I've heard they're good. Castrol Edge or Mobil 1 is another one worth considering if you don't mind spending a bit more on EO.

I'm still looking for stockists in SG/MY, one I've found that has good pricing is Lynlex located at Joo Seng Warehouse but they have limited products. The ones they stock are cheap though, like the Castrol Edge 5W40 is S$58 for 4L.

There are a few prepaid options for MY, I've also heard they have long validity ones from XOX Mobile etc but I haven't looked into those much myself because I go in quite often. ;)

lurker88

Reaction score
Motul and Pennzoil can be quite pricey but I've heard they're good. Castrol Edge or Mobil 1 is another one worth considering if you don't mind spending a bit more on EO.

I'm still looking for stockists in SG/MY, one I've found that has good pricing is Lynlex located at Joo Seng Warehouse but they have limited products. The ones they stock are cheap though, like the Castrol Edge 5W40 is S$58 for 4L.

There are a few prepaid options for MY, I've also heard they have long validity ones from XOX Mobile etc but I haven't looked into those much myself because I go in quite often. ;)

Kk. Many tks for the info. Yes I also came across lynlex in Carousell . may settle for castrol edge. For the data sim, when I'm in msia, will look for one that suits my usage (once every 3 weeks in msia)

Last edited:

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This thread has been most useful to me and I thanked all all for your contribution and recommendation. So far I have tried

1. BTS spray for spray of bumper (affordable and good workmanship)
2. TT sports for only bumper clip and samurai lip (hard to assess since most ws can do the job)
3. LCH for alignment and tyre change (affordable and my impression of them is good)
4. Joo fatt for key duplicarion including remote and immobilizer (man I saved a hefty sum of money)

Try Sheng Auto for accessories next time and you will be wow by their prices.

Sorry4asking

Reaction score
Hello otai-otai n kings,can i ask where to service coilover at jb? Roughly around how much? Compared to singapore.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah.. the price ok lei... :) going to shen auto now!

was quoted between 80 to120sgd from local shops to freelance installer. there was a shop that kept pestering me to buy the hu from them...

thanks snip

It's basically a HU. those who quoted you SGD80-120 is really chop carrot.

Btw I just WhatsApp him, RM75 installation charge for android player.

lurker88

Reaction score
My freelancer charged me 50 for installation at my mscp. Initially wanted to buy the HU from Mustafa but he was able to match their price so decided to buy from him for the sake of convenience.

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My freelancer charged me 50 for installation at my mscp. Initially wanted to buy the HU from Mustafa but he was able to match their price so decided to buy from him for the sake of convenience.

50 is reasonable. the fl i called quoted 80. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.