View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #25
missyMoon

missyMoon, you created this account today just to address this thread with one post in hwz?
Eh no la.... use to have an account long long time ago....but cant rem the login details.... I was searching for some info on PCP allowance and chance upon this link....

We are all adults & we will open our "golden mouth" to ask for help if needed since failure is never an option in our mind. Only situation will force us to withdraw or fail the course. Let be fair, there are good lecturers in NYP too. You have good lecturers for all modules does not mean my class have good lecturers for all modules. There are incompetent lecturers too.
Incompetent lecturers...definitely have..... how to solve it.... do ur own pre-reading before class...? ask other competent lecturer for help....? Ask classmate for help...? Definitely got solution to solve it... NYP lecturer will go all the way to help the students if they think need a lot of support....

It is a good point to share in this thread. Being a LONER is hard to sustain the course because we are involved in heavy group work. I would like to add on that there were group politics between classmates & it was different when I was studying in other full/part time courses, so be prepare. For me, I never have an issues with my subgroup and classmates. I am also well-like by my patients.
Oh politics oso have.... how leh? We are adults lo.... trash it out lo.... whether as a group or class.... end of the day we have the same objective.... jus have to move on.....pass and graduate...

Full time student trained in Nursing Lab 1A & attend Clinical Placement 1A in semester 1 & they will take Nursing Lab 1B & attend Clinical Placement 1B in semester 2. PCP student trained in only Nursing Lab 1A but attended Clinical Placement 1A & partial 1B in semester 1. Similar things are happening in semester 2 & 3. In short, PCP student are assess in Clinical Placement when they are not trained but during pre-Clinical Placement briefing, student are told not to perform skills if you are not trained. Why is this so & is this safe?
I think this depend on the sponsored hospital u are in.... some reali get alot of help from hospital clinical instructor.... or NYP clinical instructor... not trained of cos dont do... can do other things.... go find EN for help.... if can wait then explain to patient, if u are well liked by patient they will accept ur explanation... defintely got solution.... critical thinking... rem?
Pre-reading for those skills not trained defintely will help...

Nursing lab need alot of practice....you need to rationalize those step by step lab skills learnt then u will know and rem the importance of each step...this part is safety issue...so fundamental skills is impt.... without this skills you cant even go out for clinical placement....

I was in charge of 2 cubicles alone (1 cubicle is 6 bedded) & 1 of them is fall risk cubicle as a Nursing Student while my RNs for this 2 cubicles went for their meal. The only help is those staffs who walk pass my cubicles or I illegal (No one should leave fall risk cubicle unattended) walk over to next cubicle or ward counter to ask RN for help. This is a norm in that hospital ward & this is not even PRCP level. Why is this so & is this safe?
If u feel u are incompetent to be in charge of 2 cubicles then learn to speak up.... speak to NYP clinical instructor...take initiative to approach any staff... doesnt work if approach RN then speak to sister from the ward... *btw no hospital will allow a student to b incharge of 2 cubicles, unless they got alot of money to get sued by patient if something were to happen*

Or do u mean u are an incharge for junior work? But that wont happen too... unless you are doing PRCP.....

There are so many options you can take.....

Everything have good & bad side. I don't encourage PCP-RN students & graduates only paint the good side of it. It good to let the public especially prospective student to know the bad side to make a good judgement if this is what they want.
Hmmmm I believe this part I already mention... The studies not easy.... support from hospital oso not easy.... so speak up will b the best solution if you have any concern...

Anyway these are my thots... so its up to others to read and determine what is best for themselves...

Nursing need constant reading and practice.... No human being are born with these set of skills.... so learn and practice....

1 truthful advice to everyone who is thinking of changing line to nursing.... if you have no passion and patience in nursing then it's better not to try....

To missyMoon, jiayou for your nursing career.
Thank you. & Good night....
missyMoon is offline   Reply With Quote