View Single Post
Old 18-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #26
Kyoji83
Arch-Supremacy Member

Eh no la.... use to have an account long long time ago....but cant rem the login details.... I was searching for some info on PCP allowance and chance upon this link....

I wonder why are you searching for some info on PCP allowance when you have already graduated? Just kinda curious there...

Incompetent lecturers...definitely have..... how to solve it.... do ur own pre-reading before class...? ask other competent lecturer for help....? Ask classmate for help...? Definitely got solution to solve it... NYP lecturer will go all the way to help the students if they think need a lot of support....

Sorry but I don't believe that NYP lecturer will go all the way to help the students just because they think need a lot of support.

As for what you have stated, I believe all PCP students have try their best on their own study plans.

Oh politics oso have.... how leh? We are adults lo.... trash it out lo.... whether as a group or class.... end of the day we have the same objective.... jus have to move on.....pass and graduate...

I think this depend on the sponsored hospital u are in.... some reali get alot of help from hospital clinical instructor.... or NYP clinical instructor... not trained of cos dont do... can do other things.... go find EN for help.... if can wait then explain to patient, if u are well liked by patient they will accept ur explanation... defintely got solution.... critical thinking... rem?
Pre-reading for those skills not trained defintely will help...

Nursing lab need alot of practice....you need to rationalize those step by step lab skills learnt then u will know and rem the importance of each step...this part is safety issue...so fundamental skills is impt.... without this skills you cant even go out for clinical placement....

The thing is we should not even discuss about hospital/NYP clinical instructor for this matter.

In the first place, NYP design and execute the curriculum which include the training & assessment for PCP-RN.

NYP deem fit that PCP-RN students MUST attend partial Clinical Placement 1B in semester 1 without any training from Nursing Lab 1B and similar things are happening in semester 2 & 3.

This is the most non-professional curriculum for educational institution that I ever seen.

It also raise a safety concern issue when PCP-RN student face a dilemma if they should perform a nursing skill on a patient for their assessment when they are not trained or crash course for it.

If u feel u are incompetent to be in charge of 2 cubicles then learn to speak up.... speak to NYP clinical instructor...take initiative to approach any staff... doesnt work if approach RN then speak to sister from the ward... *btw no hospital will allow a student to b incharge of 2 cubicles, unless they got alot of money to get sued by patient if something were to happen*

Or do u mean u are an incharge for junior work? But that wont happen too... unless you are doing PRCP.....

There are so many options you can take.....

You should know that hospital/NYP clinical instructors may not be around most of the time.

You should also know that ENs are flooding headcount that does not limited to one cubicle but the whole ward and they have things to do like serving meals, assist patients to bath & etc.

In the first place, SOP (No one should leave fall risk cubicle unattended) is set by hospital & ward RNs (nursing managers, assistant nurse clinicians, senior staff nurses, staffs nurses) should know about this.

RNs should enforce the SOPs instead of Nursing Student to remind them & worst of all, they still carry on with their meal & let Nursing Student to manage 2 cubicles because Nursing Student is competent to do so. Ward Managers walk pass see this like a norm and nothing happen next.

Hmmmm I believe this part I already mention... The studies not easy.... support from hospital oso not easy.... so speak up will b the best solution if you have any concern...

Anyway these are my thots... so its up to others to read and determine what is best for themselves...

Nursing need constant reading and practice.... No human being are born with these set of skills.... so learn and practice....

1 truthful advice to everyone who is thinking of changing line to nursing.... if you have no passion and patience in nursing then it's better not to try....

Thank you. & Good night....

Since you touch on 'pre-reading before class', 'Nursing need constant reading and practice & etc, I would also like to share this to the public.

Each chapter is around 1 hour lesson which is the reason by around week 8, you will have your exam for that module(s) which mean around week 4, you will have your test(s).

Not forgetting you still have group projects and to watch stupid VOD videos that can only access in school in order to present in class.

If you have family commitment like children, you will lesser time for yourself such as self study.

Oh, forget to mention that there are a few divorce (or BGR breakup) cases because no time to spend with spouse and children.

And maybe financial problem too cause allowance is not enough to cover family expenses.

So better think carefully (& discuss with spouse) before committing to PCP-RN.