 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't get my credit cards verified. Anyone knows why? That never happened on my 7+.

discoburg

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha you must be my lucky star. After reading your post I went to verified my cards again and both activated liao.
yr phone seems to have lots of issues. I suggest a visit to e Apple Store genius bar appt.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You cant tokenise EMV chips can you? :D
That's exactly what Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay is doing.

Apple Pay follows the EMV tokenisation specification framework which functions at backend level.
Which is the EMV standard.

However, its not this standard which affects the performance. In fact, the current closed door trial already started accepting virtual devices, including Apple/android/Samsung pay and wearables to onboard transit.
Nobody is talking about performance. The topic is why isn't Apple Pay working in the ABT trial, and that's because the cards used have to be in a whitelist.

The reader doesn't care whether you're using your physical contactless mastercard or your phone/wearable, it'll work as long as your card is in the whitelist, for both uses the same contactless EMV standard. The only difference is Apple Pay/Android Pay/Samsung Pay utilises tokenisation in the backend, which you pointed out. The front end follows the same contactless EMV standard used by credit/debit cards.

According to what I heard, unofficially they are gonna introduce this to the public next year or after next year which includes virtual devices.

In transitlink’s Account-based ticketing (ABT) portal, the legend includes virtual device, which also concurs the above information and is also conclusive that the infrastructure is gearing up for the mass trial in time to come.
Yes, there's an article out there saying they will include phones in the trial next year.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Citibank Launches Challenge to Apple and Google With Citi Pay

No wonder they don’t want to launch with Apple Pay, because they want a slice of the pie with the ever growing and confusing contactless payment solution in Singapore.

Citi Pay won’t launch in the United States until early 2017, but it will roll out later this year to customers in Singapore, Australia, and Mexico.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2016/11/10/citibank-citi-pay

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya messy crap another cashless option
If nfc its usually android and iOS maybe use Qr code ? Lol

No wonder they don’t want to launch with Apple Pay, because they want a slice of the pie with the ever growing and confusing contactless payment solution in Singapore.

Citi Pay won’t launch in the United States until early 2017, but it will roll out later this year to customers in Singapore, Australia, and Mexico.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2016/11/10/citibank-citi-pay

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Bro this one old story leh. Citi Pay already exist since late last year. Not kicking off as expected.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
In fact, the current closed door trial already started accepting virtual devices, including Apple/android/Samsung pay and wearables to onboard transit.

how to join the closed door trial? are u in the trial too? :D

According to what I heard, unofficially they are gonna introduce this to the public next year or after next year which includes virtual devices.

news already annnounced 1st quarter next yr supports mobiles/wearables, 3rd quarter supports visa and netspay.

Tyrhung

Reaction score
Does it mean that if i use apple pay with a Amex card, the merchant terminal must be able to accept Amex. Apple pay is just another method of payment, same with android pay and Samsung pay?

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Does it mean that if i use apple pay with a Amex card, the merchant terminal must be able to accept Amex. Apple pay is just another method of payment, same with android pay and Samsung pay?

Yes. I don’t use Amex so I dunno the term. For Apple Pay, any Visa card = paywave and any Mastercard = paypass
Same thing just naming

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how to join the closed door trial? are u in the trial too? :D

news already annnounced 1st quarter next yr supports mobiles/wearables, 3rd quarter supports visa and netspay.

That’s the projected time line mah.. not confirmed until published again.. Hahas.

I was in the closed door nfc ezlink for retail and transit, MasterCard for transit, and now I’m waiting for them to open up next phase of public testing of wearables.. heheee

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
That’s the projected time line mah.. not confirmed until published again.. Hahas.

I was in the closed door nfc ezlink for retail and transit, MasterCard for transit, and now I’m waiting for them to open up next phase of public testing of wearables.. heheee

how did u join closed door mastercard for transit?
and how's the result of closed door trial for mobile/wearable?

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes for Amex with Apple Pay, the nfc terminal should have a Amex sticker on it next to visa and MasterCard.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

it's the 1st quarter of 2018 already.
as announced in news previously, apple/samsung/android pay for ABT should be launching this quarter. any updates? :D

ashhong

Reaction score

yes, the merchant terminal must accept Amex because on the merchant side, their terminal will know if it is mastercard, visa, etc.

sometime the worst problem is that they have multiple terminal and one is specific for Amex.

it's the 1st quarter of 2018 already.
as announced in news previously, apple/samsung/android pay for ABT should be launching this quarter. any updates? :D

still waiting for news

Boner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since ABT now only accept mastercard paypass, if i have already added mastercard to my apple watch, can i use it on bus and train?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.