Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with ghost town. I personally know a few folks who purposely purchase properties in quiet areas cause they are sick and tired of how overcrowded everywhere else is in Singapore
U are right.
It's has a holidaying feel.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know why need to keep building shopping malls, not as if the shops are already struggling to make profits. Just behind it is Sembawang Shopping Centre, further up is Sun Plaza and toward Yishun got mega NorthPoint City opening soon.

Vulpix

Reaction score
I don't know why need to keep building shopping malls, not as if the shops are already struggling to make profits. Just behind it is Sembawang Shopping Centre, further up is Sun Plaza and toward Yishun got mega NorthPoint City opening soon.

Because people want convenience.

seewsimisee

Reaction score
hope moar ppl stay away from slumberra.

the park is so untouched that the soil smells like tekong.
i can speed with my escooter everywhere because nobody is around.
i can pay for my groceries without queuing becos there is nobody buying.
i can see the doctor in 5min when im sick because there is nobody in the clinic.
i can jaywalk almost everytime at all the traffic junctions because there are no cars
i can use ofo obike mobike everyday because nobody is using them

most imptly every night i sleep so well because there is nobody to disturb me

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's for Canberra residents.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Quite far from mrt.

Ok lah, connected to PCN and straight road, can cycle to station in the future. It's not that bad the walking distance assuming you cut through the shopping centre.

At the price I got the project at, I really cannot complain.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hope moar ppl stay away from slumberra.

the park is so untouched that the soil smells like tekong.
i can speed with my escooter everywhere because nobody is around.
i can pay for my groceries without queuing becos there is nobody buying.
i can see the doctor in 5min when im sick because there is nobody in the clinic.
i can jaywalk almost everytime at all the traffic junctions because there are no cars
i can use ofo obike mobike everyday because nobody is using them

most imptly every night i sleep so well because there is nobody to disturb me
That's why have holiday feeling. Dr also have personal touch. Greet u by name when u passed by her clinic.

tomsss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just took 883 pass the Canberra estate.. Look like ghost town sia. No amenities, lots of carpark with no cars. Mrt station not even completed. Only 1 bus... see riao jin scary...

Car park with no cars? New place to do in-car hanky panky sioh :s12:

Quala98

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mrt is being built now

after done, one mall+bus interchange+condo+CC+hawker will be housed in one building next to it

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok lah, connected to PCN and straight road, can cycle to station in the future. It's not that bad the walking distance assuming you cut through the shopping centre.

At the price I got the project at, I really cannot complain.
Ya should be OK.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is not a full fledged shopping mall la.

More of a neighbourhood plaza. Like 888 in woodlands. Not your Causeway Point hor

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.