HTC U11 Plus

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway think they will only be selling thru Lazada or shops nia. Telco won't carry also..

Reaction score
Taiwan have two versions. HTC is Taiwan company, no such BS as taiwanese pwn taiwanese..

Not quite. Taiwan and Mainland China gets the 6GB/128GB version of the 5.5-inch U11 (2 of the 9 Asian/ME Countries that gets the bigger memory capacity model), while European Markets get the 4GB/64GB model, in which the 6GB/128GB one goes into the U11+ there. A Taiwanese Company owned by Americans (got bought over by Google recently and helped create hardware for their Pixel 2 Smartphone, with the larger XL version sold here made by LG). AND that's the basis for concern should they replicate the "formula" here we could end up with this:

- 5.5" U11: 4GB/64GB for Europe; 6GB/128GB for Asia (9 Markets incl. SG)
- 6.0" U11+: 6GB/128GB for Europe; 4GB/64GB for Asia (possibly same 9 markets)

Note that Tech Sites like Engadget and Android Authority have said similar things about availability. Another thing to note is the colour availability: On the device's launch, there's talk of a Translucent Black colour for the U11+ that is planned for Q1 2018 (U11+ launches in the UK first in Ceramic Black in 6GB/128GB edition and costs slightly more expensive than Razer Phone's price there).

IsaacLyrinix

Reaction score
Getting my Taiwanese friend to get! Translucent black sold out already, getting the 6GB/128GB Blue. 21,900TWD which is around $1,000SGD.

Receiving tomorrow yay!!

kababoom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very tempted to order only worry about support wonder when SG will launch

IsaacLyrinix

Reaction score
Bring back :) she's Taiwanese. But she got me the 4GB RAM/64GB one. Sad :(

The phone's a beauty to look at, it's fast, zippy, and i actually found Edge Sense quite useful. Right now still transferring over files from google drive and old HTC 10! Will share some pics when i'm free :)

Reaction score
Bring back :) she's Taiwanese. But she got me the 4GB RAM/64GB one. Sad :(

The phone's a beauty to look at, it's fast, zippy, and i actually found Edge Sense quite useful. Right now still transferring over files from google drive and old HTC 10! Will share some pics when i'm free :)

Edge Sense becomes more useful in U11+ than the U11 due to the Android OS (8.0 Oreo compared to 7.1.2 Nougat on the U11, although 8.0 may come into U11 as an update later). And peeking at the HTC Websites in MY and SG reveals a little quirk: MY site shows U11+ only in 6GB/128GB version, while SG site shows the same device with BOTH 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB versions. Hope that I'm wrong on this one about the capacity, because I would personally hope the U11+ launch in SG is in 6GB/128GB capacity in time for my next possible device upgrade... Also hoping to see pics as well, just asking what colour did you obtain the U11+ in.

durianpancakes

Reaction score
Edge Sense becomes more useful in U11+ than the U11 due to the Android OS (8.0 Oreo compared to 7.1.2 Nougat on the U11, although 8.0 may come into U11 as an update later). And peeking at the HTC Websites in MY and SG reveals a little quirk: MY site shows U11+ only in 6GB/128GB version, while SG site shows the same device with BOTH 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB versions. Hope that I'm wrong on this one about the capacity, because I would personally hope the U11+ launch in SG is in 6GB/128GB capacity in time for my next possible device upgrade... Also hoping to see pics as well, just asking what colour did you obtain the U11+ in.

Buy from Malaysia then HAHA sadly HTC Singapore still can't tell us if it is going to launch in Singapore or not.

Reaction score
Buy from Malaysia then HAHA sadly HTC Singapore still can't tell us if it is going to launch in Singapore or not.

Same can ALSO be said across the Border as well. People across the Causeway are asking the very same question as the ones in SG too (just look at the HTC Malaysia FB Page to find out)! Although there are some "leaks" over there pointing to a December 2017 release (and likely in Ceramic Black and Silver). Hope that could mean a local launch around that time as mobile launches for Malaysia and Singapore often are historically close if not the same (exception: Razer Phone, no thanks to its Singaporean co-boss, and LG's V20 which only launched over there in July this year earning ire of Malaysians (rightly) and wondering if they would rather go across the Causeway to grab the V30+ instead on December 2nd).

Last edited:

durianpancakes

Reaction score
Same can ALSO be said across the Border as well. People across the Causeway are asking the very same question as the ones in SG too (just look at the HTC Malaysia FB Page to find out)! Although there are some "leaks" over there pointing to a December 2017 release (and likely in Ceramic Black and Silver). Hope that could mean a local launch around that time as mobile launches for Malaysia and Singapore often are historically close if not the same (exception: Razer Phone, no thanks to its Singaporean co-boss, and LG's V20 which only launched over there in July this year earning ire of Malaysians (rightly) and wondering if they would rather go across the Causeway to grab the V30+ instead on December 2nd).

Tbh, one of the replies from HTC Malaysia already said that it is going to Malaysia in December. Those people never read the post by them.

HTC Singapore didn't even reply to any Facebook post so..

Reaction score
Man they should faster announce eh. Feel like getting this instead of OP5T

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

Looks the the best bet is this: Infocomm Media Development Authority: Telecom Licensing System (IMDA-TLS) Database (NOTE THAT All Mobile Phones to be used in Singapore MUST BE REGISTERED into this IMDA-TLS database in order for it to be used with a Singapore Telco SIM Card). Malaysia's equivalent would be Scientific and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) Database for the curious and works the same way for Malaysian Mobile Phones.
*** WARNING: GEEK ZONE***
Right now, the 5.5-inch HTC U11 is registered both in IMDA-TLS and SIRIM (under model '2PZC300'). So the next step is to see if U11+'s model number will be logged on both databases once it is approved (FYI: Model Number for U11+ are designated '2Q3Fxxx' compared to U11's '2PZCxxx' model number designation, source for this info.), hence the wait for it would be to have the unit registered into the database FIRST before we can see signs of an impending release, hopefully soon... and judging from the appearance of the U11+'s pages in many of the HTC sub-sites including SG's own, chances are that the device may already be under IMDA Registration here and awaiting approval before sales dates can be cemented down, or sometimes not at all (like LG's V30 (H930) which failed and ended up not being registered into the IMDA-TLS database, hence the registration of the device H930DS, which happens to be the V30+ that can have its release confirmed).

Last edited:

KWSquare

Reaction score
vOGsf7Gl.jpg

Disappointing battery endurance, probably due to screen or it needs more software optimization. The SLCD 6 screen is also a shamble as pointed out by GSMArena.com

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

durianpancakes

Reaction score
vOGsf7Gl.jpg

Disappointing battery endurance, probably due to screen or it needs more software optimization. The SLCD 6 screen is also a shamble as pointed out by GSMArena.com

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Don't think GSMArena is particularly accurate. YouTube reviewer "hightechtraveller" disputes this. Also, several hands on reviews say that the screen is good under sunlight. Perhaps the review unit is a lemon haha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.