Should I let my Son go Express in Neighbourhood school or N(A) in better schools?

mirukuboi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on which neighbourhood sch also... if its really those rock bottom ones, then is gg.com

the company makes a world of difference.

PaperRay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go normal tec better

big fish in a small pond..

get number 1 class in everfy year

from nt change to na change to exp

more satki.. leech rewards gao gao:zotto::s12::s12:

;p sama but was from N(A) then Express XD... reward $$$

Liquid Snake

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter:D

Whichever option you choose, he'll still end up in those menial jobs(Cab driver,crane operator,hawker,deliveroo rider,insurance/housing agent...etc) recommended & assigned to YOUR son/daughter by PAP:s13:

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ACS. Barker rd.

I remember in the past, only students from affiliated pri schools can get in. Else, very hard to get in (the Barker rd one).

But you sure you can choose whether to go NA or Express? If student qualifies for Express, doubt MOE will allow him to go NA instead.

If it's borderline case (between NA and Express), I think it's better to choose NA in better school lor. Cos I heard if NA student performs well enough in Sec 1-2, he could switch to his school's express stream.

PaperRay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I remember in the past, only students from affiliated pri schools can get in. Else, very hard to get in (the Barker rd one).

But you sure you can choose whether to go NA or Express? If student qualifies for Express, doubt MOE will allow him to go NA instead.

If it's borderline case (between NA and Express), I think it's better to choose NA in better school lor. Cos I heard if NA student performs well enough in Sec 1-2, he could switch to his school's express stream.

me!!!!! NA to express BUT not top school =x...@ sec 3 but damn stress due to few topics did not cover in sec 1/2 NA compare to express

junnosuke

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chung Cheng High School, Fairfield Methodist, Gan Eng Seng, Geylang Methodist, Hai Sing Catholic school, Holy innocents, Kent Ridge, Kuo Chuan Presbyterian, St Andrews, St Patrick,

None of those in bold are considered good schools by anyone on the street.

why didnt you consider those that i listed just now?

Last edited:

Poomer

Banned
Reaction score
Chung Cheng High School, Fairfield Methodist, Gan Eng Seng, Geylang Methodist, Hai Sing Catholic school, Holy innocents, Kent Ridge, Kuo Chuan Presbyterian, St Andrews, St Patrick,

Think only Chung Cheng High school can pass. Some of these on the list produce alot of the brightest talents in Changi Chalet.

Good schools don't have N(A).

Namida_rei

Master Member
Reaction score
sure got. your alumni stronger means easier to find jod lobang next taim :o

Yep.. Good to invest in creating a good social circle when the kids are young.

The older u get the harder it is to break into the circle

shredded

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go elite sch mix with better company. neighborhood sch a lot discipline problems

Poomer

Banned
Reaction score
NA in good school

i myself is living example

in the end my parent chose express at neighborhood school

in the end that school is a shiat school. i cannot keep up with studies.

by secondary 2 i drop to NA

then stuck with the lousy neighborhood school and my whole life got ruin until now

if i can go back time i sure chose NA at good school

aiya cant blame the school can only blame ourselves. if we study harder last time. got this guy from jurong west sec go all the way to us study and become student union president, can give a speech to introduce obama.

Energyi5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NA means have to study to secondary 5?why would you want your son to waste time

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.