Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

weeguy

Reaction score
If anyone is adventurous enough, this series of tablets are now available on Taobao.

weeguy

Reaction score
Thanks and just saw it.

Tab 4 Plus 8"
https://s.taobao.com/search?q=lenov...-sg.a2227oh.d100&from=sea_1_suggest&catId=100

8" / Plus / Wifi @ RMB1,999 (~SGD 410)
8" / Plus / LTE @ RMB 2,299 (~SGD 471)

Sian, China set doesn't come with playstore and warranty :(

Edit (22 Aug): Seems like the Aliexpress seller has updated the listings below to indicate that the tablets are the Mainland Chinese versions and DO NOT support Google Play Store. Only order through them if you're ok with that. Nevertheless, the free shipping still makes it more attractive than purchasing through Taobao.

Original Post:

The Hongkong version (i.e. with Play Store support) is now available on Aliexpress (free shipping). Seller appears to be quite new with little feedback so proceed with caution. If anyone has ordered through them, do share your experience as well. Thanks.

8" / Plus / Wifi @ USD 299 (~SGD 407)
8" / Plus / LTE @ USD 349 (~SGD 475)
10" / Plus / Wifi @ USD 359 (~SGD 489)
10" / Plus / LTE @ USD 419 (~SGD 571)

Last edited:

joytest

Reaction score
Absolutely no news and the Lenovo HK site shows no models available even though they have a product page.

8704N is still resisting Google services installation.

hotpick

Reaction score
Not sure if want to go to get this 2G ram/16G LTE US version at USD 229 from amazon with free shipping (Warranty in US only), 2G ram too little and no/limited custom rom - TB8704V (from XDA)

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Androi...o+tab+4+8+plus

aliexpress/HK set with 4G ram/64 G storage a bit overpriced. Taobao set 8704N ~-no google play mod found.

compare also to snapdragon 625 Tab3 P8 at ard USD 130 from Gearbest (with discount code) which sounds better in $ value (USD 100 cheaper) - draw back are not LTE, android 6 only so far, no finger print scanner, old look, a bit worry with bad review on Gearbest on potential dispute and warranty support.

Meanwhile, consider also the Mediapad M3 Lte at RM1399 ~Sgd 455 and Mediapad Lite 8 LTE at RM979 ~Sgd 320, compare to Lenovo Tab 4 8 plus US version, processor Kirin 950 and Snapdragon 435, 4K screen (M3), 4G/3G ram/32G stoage, Harman Kardon speaker, comes with free flip cover.

hotpick

Reaction score
This tab4 10 plus wifi 3G/16G quoted by a buying agent at ard Sgd 295 ship to door fr japan,

http://www.rivicwamak.top/biccamera/4573438608576.html

The japan seller is STEP ONE Co., Ltd. Saga City, Saga Prefecture ,any one got experience buying such discounted gadget from this seller (non amazon jp or large electronics reseller) ? Sounds a bit risky.

Last edited:

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
This tab4 10 plus wifi 3G/16G quoted by a buying agent at ard Sgd 295 ship to door fr japan,

The japan seller is STEP ONE Co., Ltd. Saga City, Saga Prefecture ,any one got experience buying such discounted gadget from this seller (non amazon jp or large electronics reseller) ? Sounds a bit risky.

Amazon usually safe. Any issue they will honor. I don’t really have problem with them

kwsam9

Reaction score

Do a translation of the page. It seems to indicate there is no LTE.

I bought the Tab 4 10 Plus from Amazon USA. Even though only 2GB/16GB, the LTE is working fine.

hotpick

Reaction score
Do a translation of the page. It seems to indicate there is no LTE.

I bought the Tab 4 10 Plus from Amazon USA. Even though only 2GB/16GB, the LTE is working fine.

The Amazon USA LTE one is now priced at US$275 ~S$385, ard S$100 difference with 1G ram less but with LTE..Similar S$380+ for amazon jp just this seller is offering 10k yen discount .
Good to hear that its LTE is working fine here. Have you experienced any lagging for multitask with the 2G ram? Any issue so far?

Last edited:

kwsam9

Reaction score
The Amazon USA LTE one is now priced at US$275 ~S$385, ard S$100 difference with 1G ram less but with LTE..Similar S$380+ for amazon jp just this seller is offering 10k yen discount .
Good to hear that its LTE is working fine here. Have you experienced any lagging for multitask with the 2G ram? Any issue so far?

Just received the tablet 2 days ago, haven't really tested it thoroughly. Haven't tried multitasking either, may do so over this weekend. Will post after I have tried.

But for my needs (no gaming, watching videos, reading news and articles, etc.), performance of the tablet is good.

If you can get it from Amazon JP with 3GB RAM, that's even better. Just be wary whether the unit has LTE support for Singapore (Band 3, 7 and 8).

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received the tablet 2 days ago, haven't really tested it thoroughly. Haven't tried multitasking either, may do so over this weekend. Will post after I have tried.

But for my needs (no gaming, watching videos, reading news and articles, etc.), performance of the tablet is good.

If you can get it from Amazon JP with 3GB RAM, that's even better. Just be wary whether the unit has LTE support for Singapore (Band 3, 7 and 8).

Warranty how? Does Lenovo warranty bought from Amazon valid to claim in Singapore?

kwsam9

Reaction score
Warranty how? Does Lenovo warranty bought from Amazon valid to claim in Singapore?

Didn't check that. Used to buying phones and tablets from the US without local warranty and wasn't a major factor in my decision to buy.

@Hotpick, Tried multitasking using Youtube with Google+ and Youtube with CNA, no lag noticed. RAM usage was at 1.5GB for both cases. I guess it would be quite different if one is a gaming app.

hotpick

Reaction score
Didn't check that. Used to buying phones and tablets from the US without local warranty and wasn't a major factor in my decision to buy.

@Hotpick, Tried multitasking using Youtube with Google+ and Youtube with CNA, no lag noticed. RAM usage was at 1.5GB for both cases. I guess it would be quite different if one is a gaming app.

Thanks.
1.5GB out 2GB ram use with few apps sounds a bit tight.
Just noticed from the youtube review by LOHTEC on the 8 plus version which had showed 1.8GB out of 2GB used for a day and the guy mentioned that "better close everything before playing gaming app".

The Japan plus version has no LTE but with 3G ram/16G storage whereas Korea version is with 4G ram/64G storage but no LTE (Happy Mall.. Qoo10 , 8 plus version ard S$380 with Qoo10 coupon ) .

[6/11] Amazon US has dropped USD 24 for both 8 inch and 10 inch LTE version ..baseline price for the coming year end sales? However the 10 inch one has been quoted as "does not ship to Singapore" now ..

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Android-Quad-Core-Processor-ZA2B0009US/dp/B074FZZ4SG?th=1

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was looking at this but 720p at 10 inch seems too low. Prefer the plus edition full hd screen.

Well, I think for the $, it is ok since < $200. Huawei T3 also same res unless you buy M3. If Amazon Fire 10 ships to SG, likely I will buy that

jermss

Reaction score
Amazon price dropped today.. plus shipping for the tab 4 8" is $167.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.