Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's an empty plot beside EastCrown, facing canal.

On the Master Plan 2014 this small empty plot of land at the southwest corner of EastCrown is marked as reserved land. I am wondering what URA has in store for this land plot in the future. :s13:

Different main contractor and different project different. Not to worry.

Yes there are different main contractors at Canberra estates. Some better and build faster than others.

Last edited:

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard last time used to have reservists deployed there, esp during the Singapore - Malaysia tension in the 90s ... :D

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra

Just discovered this Slumberra thread hahaha! :s13:

In July 2014 I correctly predicted the exact location of Canberra MRT Station. :s13:

4j8dhf.jpg

During that time Eastlink I BTO not released yet. Side by side with neighbourhood centre named Canberra Plaza. Eastlink I will have a connecting overhead bridge to Canberra MRT Station at the opposite side of the road.

Canberra%20Artist%20Impression.jpg

Slumberra is indeed quite inconvenient to stay for now as not much amenities. Canberra MRT Station only ready in 2019.

Smart property punt is all about first mover advantage. You will have to pay a premium by the time amenities are rolled out and ready.

Last edited:

SOS9112001

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra is Sembawang right? Sembawang should already have full pledge amenities.

jeff79

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just discovered this Slumberra thread hahaha! :s13:

In July 2014 I correctly predicted the exact location of Canberra MRT Station. :s13:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/87290093-post26.html

During that time Eastlink I BTO not released yet. Side by side with neighbourhood centre named Canberra Plaza. Eastlink I will have a connecting overhead bridge to Canberra MRT Station at the opposite side of the road.

Slumberra is indeed quite inconvenient to stay for now as not much amenities. Canberra MRT Station only ready in 2019.

Smart property punt is all about first mover advantage. You will have to pay a premium by the time amenities are rolled out and ready.

4j8dhf.jpg

That mrt station is elevated. Flats that face the mrt station will have to endure noise from the mrt trains, after revenue hours maintenance, station announcements.

Derlei09

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The forested area, called Simpang, is where the new Ave 8 is being built. It is going to run parallel to Ave 2 and we all know how congested that road is.

Once the road construction is completed, you can jolly well bet more HDB gonna pop up. In fact, Simpang township has been on the cards since 1980s, and its about the size of Punggol.

I thought simpang is SAF training area?

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra

Canberra is Sembawang right? Sembawang should already have full pledge amenities.

Yes Canberra is part of Sembawang.

That mrt station is elevated. Flats that face the mrt station will have to endure noise from the mrt trains, after revenue hours maintenance, station announcements.

Yes just like those flats in other areas that are facing elevated MRT Stations.

Last edited:

ccostagmont

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It takes time for it to grow and mature.
Siao boh?
Ponggol 20years liao still got nothing...

Admiralty wait for 20 years finally got hawker ctr...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the Master Plan 2014 this small empty plot of land at the southwest corner of EastCrown is marked as reserved land. I am wondering what URA has in store for this land plot in the future. :s13:

Yes there are different main contractors at Canberra estates. Some better and build faster than others.
Eastcrown not bad.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.