Malaysia prepaid card

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:eek: you mean they can actually disable tethering!? we usually just get one sim card & tether between two devices since we dont need to use our mobiles that often anyway (only for minimal data usage). by disabling tethering they'll be forcing ppl to purchase two sim cards which would be greatly underused & basically a waste of money lo. :mad:

i used hotlink last weekend on my iphone & tethering to another iphone worked fine..

If you go for one weekend trip every month, just get a new hotline card everytime. RM8.50 or RM10 for 2 days weekend data, 1GB each day.
Worth it lah.

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolplan/sospecial/one-year-validity

both use celcom network.
but TT must have rm15 balance in order to get the rm10 validity.
TT have terms of 'must have minimum ** balance to subscribe this n that'.
& TT have 1 yr validity but with nothing to do. Only for sake of keeping the number active. You still have to topup to use data n call.

Xox with Rm30 can get 5gb data that can be used in any month within 28 months validity. *note that 1 activation of Xox gives 28mth validity right away. **Note Xox can also get rm10 for 28months validity, but you need the data to use right? hence the 5gb.
you get a bank that keeps data & can draw data 500mb/30d or 1gb/30d. the remaining can carry forward without topup n used again.

Find me at travel bazaar. Authorised Xox Dealer in MY.

You did not mention Tune Talk now has RM1/300MB/Day data package as well, this data subscription and much easier than oneXOX for those who make a day trip to malaysia.

This +VIBE thingy has too much data for my short stays... :s13:

But while checking on the RM10/year validity extension, I noticed that Tune Talk now has RM1/300MB/Day data package as well, much like what I've been using from my Digi Best for short errands. ;)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
contact me via carousell n show me your balance. I'll check with CS. might also from data auto renewal.

Thanks for the offer but I've already sent email to them just waiting for their reply.

Amazing though, how they replied my previous query within 2 days but no shadow so far. Auto renewal will be ridiculous for 300+ data missing from a 512MB package subscription.

Their delay in replying somehow gives me the notion that it's some bug issue...

Last edited:

p_eppermint

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you go for one weekend trip every month, just get a new hotline card everytime. RM8.50 or RM10 for 2 days weekend data, 1GB each day.
Worth it lah.
quite troublesome to purchase inside m'sia.. would prefer a long-term one :o i dont mind topping up every mth also.. not so troublesome to top up ma :D

onizuka3

Reaction score
I think Tune Talk's RM10 validity extension is a promotion valid until the end of this year only. Not sure if they'll extend it.

Coverage should be similar, since they're both MVNO under Celcom. You can check the rates from their respective websites.

I saw a dealer banner over a shop in Gelang Patah (JB), not sure if they're still doing it. Don't have the address offhand, but it's round the corner from the popular coffee shop that tour buses loved to stop for breakfast, also CW buses first stop at those shophouses area. I got mine while I was in Melaka, 1 dealer in Dataran Pahlawan and the other in Mahkota Parade.
how much u paid for it?

http://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolplan/sospecial/one-year-validity

both use celcom network.
but TT must have rm15 balance in order to get the rm10 validity.
TT have terms of 'must have minimum ** balance to subscribe this n that'.
& TT have 1 yr validity but with nothing to do. Only for sake of keeping the number active. You still have to topup to use data n call.

Xox with Rm30 can get 5gb data that can be used in any month within 28 months validity. *note that 1 activation of Xox gives 28mth validity right away. **Note Xox can also get rm10 for 28months validity, but you need the data to use right? hence the 5gb.
you get a bank that keeps data & can draw data 500mb/30d or 1gb/30d. the remaining can carry forward without topup n used again.

Find me at travel bazaar. Authorised Xox Dealer in MY.
possible to top up with SG credit card?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much u paid for it?

possible to top up with SG credit card?

Can't remember... I've had my card for about 2 years already.

I top up all my MY prepaid cards using the e-pay.com.my site with SG credit card.

semap1972

Reaction score
Yup. I was trying to tether with digi and it didn't work!

I was able to tether in Jun 17. Same hardware, same sims card. Only delta I can recall is the digi app.

:eek: you mean they can actually disable tethering!? we usually just get one sim card & tether between two devices since we dont need to use our mobiles that often anyway (only for minimal data usage). by disabling tethering they'll be forcing ppl to purchase two sim cards which would be greatly underused & basically a waste of money lo. :mad:

i used hotlink last weekend on my iphone & tethering to another iphone worked fine..

youhsueh

Reaction score
Yup. I was trying to tether with digi and it didn't work!

I was able to tether in Jun 17. Same hardware, same sims card. Only delta I can recall is the digi app.

I managed to tether my Digi Best card few hours ago. Using Android though.

Sauzan

Master Member
Reaction score
quite troublesome to purchase inside m'sia.. would prefer a long-term one :o i dont mind topping up every mth also.. not so troublesome to top up ma :D

You can buy topup to prepare for your next trips.
One reason to get internet before you reach Malaysia is that you can entertain yourself while waiting to clear customs.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any place nearby to get starter pack without the "premium" upselling by stores?

Where are you heading? Driving or public transport?

Around the shops/malls of JB CIQ, none that anyone has shared so far... I think at least maybe RM15 above RRP with either extra data or credit balance included. If you're just hanging around that area, I personally don't think it's worth travelling elsewhere just to get a basic starter pack especially if you're planning to top up to buy your own data pack and/or keep the card for subsequent trips.

If you're driving, nearest telco center (Maxis Hotlink and DiGi) in Danga Bay, or Taman Molek if you're going around that area (Celcom also there). Or any Giant supermarket I think still selling their DiGi prepaid packs at RRP.

Yong Peng rest stops, DiGi normally at RRP too.

perry

Reaction score
is there any place nearby to get starter pack without the "premium" upselling by stores?
Buy a starhub happy roam card in Singapore. $15 come with $18 credit and the card last for 6 months. You can use the credit to activate data plan for other country. A 7 days 1 GB cost $7 credit.

It is worth the buy

Sent from ABC using GAGT

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Regarding xox. I heard different version of extension. HwZ seller told me if you top up, it will be 1 day per M$1 but when I was in Malaysia, some seller told me no such thing. Once the 28 months is up, it will expire.

tewem

Reaction score
Regarding xox. I heard different version of extension. HwZ seller told me if you top up, it will be 1 day per M$1 but when I was in Malaysia, some seller told me no such thing. Once the 28 months is up, it will expire.

I'm using one XOX, topping up in Penang, min. Rm$5, validity auto extend 5 more days.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'd say once 28 months is up, it'll expire but not terminated. How long before it's terminated depends on the grace period. How long is OneXOX's grace period, I think got to refer to their website if no one here knows for sure.

During the grace period, a normal prepaid SIM card can be reactivated via a top up. Again, not sure if that's true for OneXOX in particular. Another way is to extend via subscription (validity extension) and the cost will be deducted from the credit balance.

By the way, if you do use your OneXOX card during these 28 months, the validity should be more than that as, for this prepaid in particular, each top-up will further lengthen the validity. That is, validity stacks with each top-up (RM1 extends another 1 day, RM30 extends another 30 days, etc).

As for information from dealers, not all dealers know their products in detail and/or update themselves with the latest offerings/information. If in doubt, best is to contact their customer service department.

syedafiff

Reaction score
I'd say once 28 months is up, it'll expire but not terminated. How long before it's terminated depends on the grace period. How long is OneXOX's grace period, I think got to refer to their website if no one here knows for sure.

During the grace period, a normal prepaid SIM card can be reactivated via a top up. Again, not sure if that's true for OneXOX in particular. Another way is to extend via subscription (validity extension) and the cost will be deducted from the credit balance.

By the way, if you do use your OneXOX card during these 28 months, the validity should be more than that as, for this prepaid in particular, each top-up will further lengthen the validity. That is, validity stacks with each top-up (RM1 extends another 1 day, RM30 extends another 30 days, etc).

As for information from dealers, not all dealers know their products in detail and/or update themselves with the latest offerings/information. If in doubt, best is to contact their customer service department.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JeZ3YKf2wMq40wEjWB8wQzXCuuUnCYJz

via sms, sms VALID 6 or VALID 12 to 22111.
this is case if you do almost reach 28 months expiry without topup.

Syed Afiff, from travel bazaar. whatsapp me for fastest response.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...longest-validity-sim-my-visitors-5698100.html

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

via sms, sms VALID 6 or VALID 12 to 22111.
this is case if you do almost reach 28 months expiry without topup.

Thanks for the codes!

But guys over here, please note that you'll be charged if you do this while roaming. RM2.50 per SMS, I think... Choice is yours to make, though.

Minister

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys,

just came back from jb.

Bought a digi prepaid sim card for my short stay there(3days), RM20 for 2gb for 2 weeks at 4G network + 10RM value

heard from lady, the sim card valid for 50days w/o any topup at 2g network speed.
Speed is fast, hotspot share with 4 other people.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.