S/U a "F" grade mod

yanyong93

Reaction score
Would i be able to use S/U on a "F" grade mod? If yes, would i need to retake that mod if its an elective? I'm getting contradicting responses from the dean's office and faculty hotline.

tohshh

Reaction score
As long as it is not a required module to count to your graduation requirements you can S/U it and dont have to retake it

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st u need to tell us ur faculty

2nd u need to tell us the mod

then we can tell u can or not

RockingOn

Reaction score
question:

now is week 11, lak1201.
im a science major, year 4.
took the mod totally for fun, S or U also can grad.
But if I withdraw from module now, and get F grade,
Still can S/U?

Its becoming a burden going for tutorials and being completely lost in it thats why i wanna drop.

xWildFangz

Reaction score
question:

now is week 11, lak1201.
Still can S/U?

Its becoming a burden going for tutorials and being completely lost in it thats why i wanna drop.

I'd rather you endure and sit for the final exam. Getting a U is way better than getting an F. And I'm not entirely sure but I remember someone (a prof iirc) mentioning that we should make the effort to at least write our name in the finals paper before S/U-ing so I am going to assume you can't S/U a withdrawn module after week 7. That is, at least get a F grade for S/U-ing.

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
question:

now is week 11, lak1201.
Still can S/U?

You withdraw then you cannot s/u :s22:

TatLitThakCek

Reaction score
if you fail a elective mod you can SU it and make it into a U. won't affect cap. you'll just lose out on 4mc (or whatever mc depending on your module). So to make up for it either over load next sem or do some special term mod.

don't go and withdraw after recess week (which is now) and then suffer a F which you can't do anything about, and pull your cap down.

revmmgk

Reaction score
NUS bell curve, s/u

recently, I got back my grades for a few of mods. if the average is about 75% and I got about 50% are my chances of getting a C+ and better risky? also, can someone explain to me about the S/U option as I'm still unclear about it. if a it's a C grade or better it will appear as S while if it's a D grade or worse it will appear as U but only when do I need to/am allowed to dabao a mod if I happen to not do well for it?:s22:

Alpaca

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently, I got back my grades for a few of mods. if the average is about 75% and I got about 50% are my chances of getting a C+ and better risky? also, can someone explain to me about the S/U option as I'm still unclear about it. if a it's a C grade or better it will appear as S while if it's a D grade or worse it will appear as U but only when do I need to/am allowed to dabao a mod if I happen to not do well for it?:s22:
Must see % component .. if very high likely jiak C

C > S grade
D> U grade, no module credit so need take another mod

revmmgk

Reaction score
if it's a GET mod that I got a D for do I have to take another GET mod? or can I choose to take from any other pillars/uem mods? also, what are the chances in NUS of getting a D grade or worse like usually around how many percent with consideration of bell curve is considered a D, like the bottom 25% of the cohort risky?

Alpaca

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if it's a GET mod that I got a D for do I have to take another GET mod? or can I choose to take from any other pillars/uem mods? also, what are the chances in NUS of getting a D grade or worse like usually around how many percent with consideration of bell curve is considered a D, like the bottom 25% of the cohort risky?
Take any other that can fulfill requirement ... bottom 25% usually eat C+

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.