The Official Football Manager 2018 Thread

nivlac9

Reaction score
Played on mobile or FM18 full?

Hmm ... I playing from version 18.1.1 and it is already indicated in game that VJ has a future transfer to RM and Keita 62M joining Pool next season. I sold Lovren to PSG for 35M. Sturridge complained of not even first team plays so he is also joining to Newcastle (opted against Man City) for 35M with Pool paying I think some part of his wages. Can signed new contract till 2022, Markovic still with me. Got offers from Leicester City and company but the offer was no good so I kept him with me. Will offload him soon.

Midway through my Season 1. Just finished the Champions League Group stages involving Bayern Munich, PSG and average team (I cannot even recall the name).

EPL status now, Played 17, Won 14 Drawn 2 Lost 1. The only lost was at Selhurst Park loosing 1-0.

Champions League started miserably got thrashed 4-1 at Bayern Munich away. Next game vs PSG home recovered to win 2-0. Won the next 3 games vs the average team home and away before the 2nd leg game vs Bayern Munich at Anfield and the reverse result happened thrashing them 4-1. Final stage game is away to Paris and was lucky to held them to 0-0 draw so ended winning the group stage and was paired to Porto for the next round.

Mane now wants to join Barcelona and not willing to wait till end of season so if Barca comes bid for at least 73M, I have to oblige to sell him. At least the 2 Brazilians are happy to wait till end of season.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Lol i have really regretted signing Helder Costa :s22:

My first choice was Sane after Citeh listed him for 21m entire summer, but when i got the money he was unlisted. After I signed Costa, Sane was listed for 21m again, like purposely huan.

So I signed Sane on loan with optional future fee of 21m. And he has been totally outperforming Costa...

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My first choice was Sane after Citeh listed him for 21m entire summer, but when i got the money he was unlisted. After I signed Costa, Sane was listed for 21m again, like purposely huan.

So I signed Sane on loan with optional future fee of 21m. And he has been totally outperforming Costa...

Lol. Should ask me first ma. This costa really cmi one. No idea what roles to play him as. Elias abouchabaka always listed in first summer transfer window. Should be quite a good signing.

In my save, now 2018 December, city just listed John stones. Hope I can get him but judging by club rep and wage budget, really can forget it liao lol. 1st season back in top league for wolves really difficult. Having mix form and really inconsistent. One match can win arsenal 1-0, next match lose 3-1 to Southampton lol

Last edited:

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Played on mobile or FM18 full?

FM18 full. Now 18.1.3.

https://imgur.com/a/G52aA

So far, I guess now into 2nd half of season 1 and actually towards end of 1st half maybe AI started to break my tatics. This team (mainly the same as the real life Pool Team) was running away setting up the pace like what Man C is doing an at one stage was leading 2nd place Man U or Arsenal by 10 points then started to struggle a bit. Man U closed back down to 4 points but surprise defeat to Stoke City and my latest win bring it back to 7 points gap entering February 2018.

Transfer History:
https://imgur.com/a/9hJv6

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

which season are u at? my sane was always around 80m minimum city is asking for. but he was rated around 89 by my 20 20 scout.

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Lol. Should ask me first ma. This costa really cmi one. No idea what roles to play him as. Elias abouchabaka always listed in first summer transfer window. Should be quite a good signing.

In my save, now 2018 December, city just listed John stones. Hope I can get him but judging by club rep and wage budget, really can forget it liao lol. 1st season back in top league for wolves really difficult. Having mix form and really inconsistent. One match can win arsenal 1-0, next match lose 3-1 to Southampton lol

I see Costa natural in left wing, natural left footer, decent crossing dribbling i thought can just chuck him there and play. But just cmi :s22:

which season are u at? my sane was always around 80m minimum city is asking for. but he was rated around 89 by my 20 20 scout.

I'm in my 3rd season, Sane was listed by City in the January window of my second season for half of his estimated value (valued at 42m, city listed him at 21m). But I scouted and his estimated wage demand will break my structure (he will demand 90-120+k), so i decided to keep in view first, hoping his demands will drop or something. Who knows in the summer City unlisted him, but he's still unhappy. I think is because City signed some really expensive attacker and he's unhappy about potentially getting replace :s22:

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see Costa natural in left wing, natural left footer, decent crossing dribbling i thought can just chuck him there and play. But just cmi :s22:

I'm in my 3rd season, Sane was listed by City in the January window of my second season for half of his estimated value (valued at 42m, city listed him at 21m). But I scouted and his estimated wage demand will break my structure (he will demand 90-120+k), so i decided to keep in view first, hoping his demands will drop or something. Who knows in the summer City unlisted him, but he's still unhappy. I think is because City signed some really expensive attacker and he's unhappy about potentially getting replace :s22:

If you need someone on the left.
Why don't you consider Joaquín Correa. I got him for 7.75m when he got listed.

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FM18 full. Now 18.1.3.

https://imgur.com/a/G52aA

So far, I guess now into 2nd half of season 1 and actually towards end of 1st half maybe AI started to break my tatics. This team (mainly the same as the real life Pool Team) was running away setting up the pace like what Man C is doing an at one stage was leading 2nd place Man U or Arsenal by 10 points then started to struggle a bit. Man U closed back down to 4 points but surprise defeat to Stoke City and my latest win bring it back to 7 points gap entering February 2018.

Transfer History:
https://imgur.com/a/9hJv6

I am still trying to sell Moreno...

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
So far this is the 2nd time I got the FM crash:

https://imgur.com/a/PZjEf

This was the Carabo Cup Final vs Chelsea. Full Time and Extra Time ended 1-1. It was on penalties when Pool was leaving 2-1 with Jordan Henderson next to take to kick and crashed. This deleted my CL 1st Knock Out Stage 1st Leg 5-0 away win at Porto!

First time it crashed was when the game was still at 18.1.2.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FM is getting serious as there is cash prize involved. 5k for the winner of the Creators Cup.

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
So far this is the 2nd time I got the FM crash:

https://imgur.com/a/PZjEf

This was the Carabo Cup Final vs Chelsea. Full Time and Extra Time ended 1-1. It was on penalties when Pool was leaving 2-1 with Jordan Henderson next to take to kick and crashed. This deleted my CL 1st Knock Out Stage 1st Leg 5-0 away win at Porto!

First time it crashed was when the game was still at 18.1.2.

The aftermax of the FM crash. I still managed to win 2-0 1st leg away at Porto but lost the Carabo Cup Final 3-2 in extra time to Chelsea. Luckily, the immediate next match is the EPL match at Stamford Bridge and my Pool managed to do a double over them.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Facing a big problem now!!!

My Wolves finished 6th in the second season and qualified for UEL. Board gave me 66m transfer kitty. Players on transfer list: Chiesa Federico, Lozano Hirving, Leroy Sane, Andre Gomes, Vietto Luciano. Problem is ... None wants to join my club!

and Mancity just bidded 69m for Reben Neves. Instantly put 100m and 30m in installments. Hope it will put them off.

Last edited:

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Me still in Season 1 on the final 2 months. Just bidded Eric Dier for 45M upfront with bonus possibly rising to 57M and accepted. I only handed him a Rotation Role control at 80k with some other bonus
-Winning Champions League - 500k
-Winning EPL - 250k
-Goal Bonus - 30k
-Clean Sheet Bonus - 20k
Sign on Bonus - 6M
Agent Fees - 1.5M

Orh yeah. I encountered 3rd crash in my current save game and still only season 1. Non of you experienced any crashes?

Last edited:

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me still in Season 1 on the final 2 months. Just bidded Eric Dier for 45M upfront with bonus possibly rising to 57M and accepted. I only handed him a Rotation Role control at 80k with some other bonus
-Winning Champions League - 500k
-Winning EPL - 250k
-Goal Bonus - 30k
-Clean Sheet Bonus - 20k
Sign on Bonus - 6M
Agent Fees - 1.5M

Orh yeah. I encountered 3rd crash in my current save game and still only season 1. Non of you experienced any crashes?

Nope but occasionally face those really terrible lag.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.