Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchGuy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be bringing back around RM 4K worth of fans/lighting back to Singapore. Should I be kiasi and declare GST via the Custom@SG first? Or try my luck see whether they check my car or not? I will be going in on a Monday via Woodland custom around 5pm timing.

Stay a night in JB. May cost less than the GST difference.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. You haven't factor in the Q for Buses and jams. At Kranji, take more than 1hr even in early morning. Then Q again after custom. Then jam on roads. And you have to multiply by 2 as its both sides :eek:

I was thinking of going ytd, but after hearing of all the jams, decided to go instead after sch holidays...

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of going ytd, but after hearing of all the jams, decided to go instead after sch holidays...

from my exp, on weekdays, anytime b4 730am should be ok. traffic gets heavy after that.

sat and sun, gotta be at sg customs before 530am. :(

Alex.hero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Malaysia is really a nice place to shop and relax. Best to just stay for several days to make it worth

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Went in today to Tebrau Aeon. I took bus to Woodland interchange and then 913 to woodland checkpoint.

SG custom, cleared no many people. However, went down stair to take bus, long queue... not as long as expected. just some metres away from the escalator. I went to CW bus queue, very few people and 2 CW buses came in a row. Hardly see any SBS buses insight. Even from the bridge walking into departure hall, hardly see any buses. Pay RM3. cross over MY CIQ, cleared custom with fewer people due to many stuck at SG side.

Coming back, around 4.20pm. Took blue buses.... same thing, SBS bus queue also near to escalator... bit too long. However, there was a crowd of tourists waiting for their buses which added more packing to the place.

Anyway, there were several blue buses waiting to cross over, So I got up and pay RM2 when alighting. The bus driver must be laughing all the way as the bus was full of people. Extra income man. Causeway no jam... reached home as expected.
Perhaps, it is just one of those fortunate day.... lets hope it remain such.

Last edited:

bbmars1128

Reaction score

Give it a try, nothing to loose. I usually cleared MY custom just before 10am. This morning, I took a feeder service from my place in Tampines to the old Regional Library and took 168 to Woodland interchange (took 913 to check point). Left my house just before 8am. by the time I cleared SG custom it was 9.22am waiting for CW bus to cross over to MY. I cleared MY custom at 9.56am

This is my typical time even during normal time. Of course, there are the occasional cases in the past, cleared MY custom around 10.30am. SG Custom was fill with lots of people.

Example, sometime in October on a Tuesday morning... SG custom was flooded with people... custom queue was near to entrance door. Lots of blue factory buses and coaches. Automated clearing took 30min...
However, because of this, there are few people taking buses and there were plenty on that day. Once I got out and went into MY side, very few people to queue with to clear custom

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any place for breakfast early in the morning around 7 or 730am? Am looking at Bak Kut Teh if there is.
Do you drive? If not, not much good BKT around the area, I find the one at near KSL to be rather bad. Can have dim sum (a lot of choices); or a fragrant and smooth cup of kopi at Hua Mui. Kway teow soup nice too.

Sent from Sony E6653 using GAGT

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Any place for breakfast early in the morning around 7 or 730am? Am looking at Bak Kut Teh if there is.

if take bus, can eat dimsum at meldrum walk, 4am open

http://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2012/11/dim-sum-at-hock-chiang-hin-kopitiam-in.html

bak kut teh can jiak in afternoon at meldrum walk also, i never eat before I am not a hot food person but walk pass always smell the aroma of bak kut teh, that stall open quite long ago like 20-30 yrs ago i went JB already got this stall

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I will be bringing back around RM 4K worth of fans/lighting back to Singapore. Should I be kiasi and declare GST via the Custom@SG first? Or try my luck see whether they check my car or not? I will be going in on a Monday via Woodland custom around 5pm timing.

Assume the worst. They check all compartments of your vehicle. Get them declared. No way even with a full car can you bring in S$1000 worth of imports. For a first-timer, maybe they will give you a warning but still make you pay the full tax.

StealthShadow

Reaction score
going for a day trip either saturday or sun... leave 10am arrive back 6pm.

saturday or sunday less bad?

(yes i got no choice, have to be weekend...)

ProLogic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sure check huan...Sure kena stop and asked questions gao gao because car full of electrical boxes...Unless everything chiu buy can put inside a few groceries plastic bags. Lol

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
going for a day trip either saturday or sun... leave 10am arrive back 6pm.

saturday or sunday less bad?

(yes i got no choice, have to be weekend...)

i think there will be traffic jam on both sat n sun.
by the time u clear kastam, it could be 1pm already if theres traffic jam. then u need to be at kastam before 4pm in case theres a bad jam at sg custom. :(

should be ok if u r just planning to have lunch in jb. :(

haido80

Reaction score
Family trip to Legoland via Second Link this Sunday. Earliest i can leave home is 8am, so jam unavoidable i guess. but any experienced bros here can advise how long it will take to clear customs so that i can plan the itinerary.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah piang today 1030 reach custom sg customs, msia side already jammed till sg custom.

took 1hr+ to clear causeway. dafug.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
wah piang today 1030 reach custom sg customs, msia side already jammed till sg custom.

took 1hr+ to clear causeway. dafug.

2nd link? Jammed till sg custom and only took 1 hrs plus? You are lucky. During the SG50 Long weekend, it took me 4hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.