Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

galapogos

Reaction score
How's StarHub's 4G coverage at the following places?
1. Sengkang West (Fernvale, Jalan Kayu)
2. CBD
3. Town area (Orchard/Somerset)
4. Underground MRT(especially NEL)
5. Alexandra/Labrador Park area

galaxyuser

Reaction score
I can say that CBD coverage is excellent. Town area as well. For underground MRT, NEL is excellent coverage, but Circle Line may have some connection issues.

How's StarHub's 4G coverage at the following places?
1. Sengkang West (Fernvale, Jalan Kayu)
2. CBD
3. Town area (Orchard/Somerset)
4. Underground MRT(especially NEL)
5. Alexandra/Labrador Park area

hlw8888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is this better? :o

2iapxme.png

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/postpaid-plans/sim-only-plans.html

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Note: I'm comparing 12 months SIM Only plans.

For the XS plan, probably, since $24 for 6GB data or $30 for 9GB data on top of unlimited weekend data is arguably better than $20 for 5GB (both ST and M1) and the $36.05 for 10GB (for ST only).

However for higher end plans, Depends on whether you're adding DataJump or not. But then the $119/mth XL Plan is definitely not worth it, even the M1 mySIM E 118 comes with unlimited data all day everyday, plus a handset. Yes 24 months contract vs 12, but still way more worth. Even the mySIM 3 98 with 12 months contract also unlimited data alr.

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing about Starhub is that there is no SMS bundled.

For an all rounder solution, seems like M1/Singtel is okay

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If must use m1 or CL if u use nEL often u need to switch to 3g only buy soemtime 3g also intermittent too let alone perk hours

This is why I stick to Singtel
Hub still acceptable on NeL if u r a hub Hubber

You can better connection with Singtel on NEL compared to StarHub?

Hahaha no need talk about m1 its a joke. So glad to have switched to starhub last year.
But now thinking of changing to Singtel if it's even better.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s not 100% much better lor but it’s better than hub

Nel - from best to last
Singtel - hub - m1/CL

You can better connection with Singtel on NEL compared to StarHub?

Hahaha no need talk about m1 its a joke. So glad to have switched to starhub last year.
But now thinking of changing to Singtel if it's even better.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya hub remove Sms and add weekend unlimited data
I feel they should at least give some sms like 50 or 100 is better than zero as sometimes Sms is needed

The thing about Starhub is that there is no SMS bundled.

For an all rounder solution, seems like M1/Singtel is okay

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't spread negativity for the sake of spreading negativity. I tell it like it is, because otherwise, there's only people who are wax lyrical about them. I don't have illusions of grandeur of my importance, but people have the right to know what's good and what's bad about a product and service. Caveat emptor.

I've talked to enough Circles.Life reps to know that they don't bother to do beyond what they're able to do at their level, which isn't much.
time to switch to M1, bro.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ususlly we don’t bug cso one if network or bill no issue
So coverage is most important over customers service

I do feel m1 customers service is better but this won’t make me to suffer daily with bad coverage

That why I cancell all mine m1 service as I no beee any more

Stick to my existing hub fibre and my singtel mobile for free unlimited Spotify streaming

No telco Match it

Why would I do that, given that CL uses M1 network?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ususlly we don’t bug cso one if network or bill no issue
So coverage is most important over customers service

I do feel m1 customers service is better but this won’t make me to suffer daily with bad coverage

That why I cancell all mine m1 service as I no beee any more

Stick to my existing hub fibre and my singtel mobile for free unlimited Spotify streaming

No telco Match it

Yes network reliability and coverage is most important than the customer service. Choose whichever network works best for you, but if there's a little compromise just for value it can be worth it. Of course, not to the extend where the compromise literally affects productivity by a whole lot.

tak

Master Member
Reaction score
Just recontracted $118 MySim E unlimited plan, sold off my iPhone x for $1900 to ah beng shop. With my $25 voucher, my nett monthly subscription is $70.625 plus $5.35 Caller ID. Is $70 per month for an unlimited data, talk time and SMS plan worth it? Yes, considering $98 is the sim Only plan and you need 12 month contract and $70 can't even get you unlimited data call and SMS with Singtel on sim only.

And for $98 12 months MySim E, after one year if you want to switch Telco due to cheaper Telco offering unlimited data, it needs to be $56 cheaper ($98-70 and multiply $28 by 2 for the additional paid for the first 12 months). Will there be a $42 or cheaper unlimited data plan in 12 months? Not possible.

If one can get the M1 $118 plan, one should try. Singtel unlimited plan is costing about $75.30++ not sure with Caller is or not.

so how is it so far since u signed up for the sim 118?

galaxyuser

Reaction score
I suppose I could fill in for LonelyMan.

Been using it so far, used like 60 GB in 2 days already, no data cap. I'll continue to consume huge amounts of data to see if any hidden cap is present, but as of now the speed has been great on the Unlimited 118 plan. Also one thing to note is that data cycle resets every 1st of the month.

so how is it so far since u signed up for the sim 118?

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I suppose I could fill in for LonelyMan.

Been using it so far, used like 60 GB in 2 days already, no data cap. I'll continue to consume huge amounts of data to see if any hidden cap is present, but as of now the speed has been great on the Unlimited 118 plan. Also one thing to note is that data cycle resets every 1st of the month.

jesus, what do you use 60gb? i doubt my home wifi 4 users even use that much in 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.