HSBC Step Up Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumaba

Reaction score
my Nov SU interest was also credited this afternoon :s12: .. in Sep-Nov cycle

mine is Sep-Nov period....don't know about other..

tks. just realized that the 1.5% bonus interest will only be paid by the end of the second month following the month of account opening.

I opened my Advance account only in Nov so in Nov-Jan cycle. But not sure "second month following the month of account opening" mean for Dec or Jan?

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tks. just realized that the 1.5% bonus interest will only be paid by the end of the second month following the month of account opening.

I opened my Advance account only in Nov so in Nov-Jan cycle. But not sure "second month following the month of account opening" mean for Dec or Jan?

jan

10 char

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks. so this means all three months (Nov-Jan) bonus interest (1.5%) and spending bonus interest (0.95%) will be paid all together in one lump sum by end of Jan?

no. bonus interest should be the month after. one month earlier

S1mpleGuy

Master Member
Reaction score
For existing customers,i have to register for the new promo and wait for them to accept before i transfer the funds?

Jupiter2017

Reaction score
thanks. so this means all three months (Nov-Jan) bonus interest (1.5%) and spending bonus interest (0.95%) will be paid all together in one lump sum by end of Jan?
I am existing Advance a/c customer on Sep-Nov cycle.
Sep Bonus interest-credited on 2 Oct, Debit card spent-bonus interest credited on 16 Nov.
Oct Bonus interest-credited on 2 Nov, Debit card spent-bonus interest – currently waiting, I think it will come on 16 Dec.
Nov Bonus interest-credited on 2 Dec, Debit card spent-bonus interest – currently waiting, I think it will come on 16 Jan.

Jupiter2017

Reaction score
For existing customers,i have to register for the new promo and wait for them to accept before i transfer the funds?
After registering and getting the auto email acknowledgement, I always call the customer service and ask them to check and confirm that my name is indeed updated in the promo list, before starting any fund transfer in.
For existing a/c, if you are trying to avoid the previous month (Reference month) a/c balance service charge, there is also the thorny issue of when is the best time to transfer in the fund - this have been much discussed in this forum thread.

johanyu

Reaction score
I am existing Advance a/c customer on Sep-Nov cycle.
Sep Bonus interest-credited on 2 Oct, Debit card spent-bonus interest credited on 16 Nov.
Oct Bonus interest-credited on 2 Nov, Debit card spent-bonus interest – currently waiting, I think it will come on 16 Dec.
Nov Bonus interest-credited on 2 Dec, Debit card spent-bonus interest – currently waiting, I think it will come on 16 Jan.

I just open on 8 Nov, so Nov-Jan cycle
I have not received bonus interest, except the small one at 24 Nov.

zumaba

Reaction score
i am also on Nov-Jan, and also din receive. But other bros replied that the Nov bonus interest would only be credited in Jan and the TnC seems also saying so.

For existing customer, it also seems different people received on different dates, also differeent date on differernt month.

How can be so messy? I am new to HSBC.

Call them on Tue if you do not see the Nov bonus interest credited by Mon.

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am also on Nov-Jan, and also din receive. But other bros replied that the Nov bonus interest would only be credited in Jan and the TnC seems also saying so.

For existing customer, it also seems different people received on different dates, also differeent date on differernt month.

How can be so messy? I am new to HSBC.

your spending interest for Nov will be credited in Jan.

your bonus interest should be in by end Dec.

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score
service fee has been deducted.. for those waiting to deposit can go ahead.

On another note, i have not received interest for spend in sept

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
my personal account was in Sep-Nov promo, I still qualify for Dec-Feb 2018 promo using my Joint account, right?

need confirmation, feeling confused now lol

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
my personal account was in Sep-Nov promo, I still qualify for Dec-Feb 2018 promo using my Joint account, right?

need confirmation, feeling confused now lol

yes, though the reference month will be Oct balance in your joint acct.

more money, more confused? got to work on it :s13:

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i left 0.01 in my account to keep it open today they deducted it and im now left with gero... :(

service fee has been deducted.. for those waiting to deposit can go ahead.

On another note, i have not received interest for spend in sept

but why have to re-deposit again? after 3 months got no more promo interest...

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, though the reference month will be Oct balance in your joint acct.

more money, more confused? got to work on it :s13:

:s13: thanks for confirming, bro

Sometimes my brain get jammed :s22: cos no bonus interest with a wrong move :o

edit: Just saw my Oct e-statement for Joint account shows 0.00. So this account qualifies for Dec-Feb 2018 promo hehehe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.