Google Pixel 2 and XL 2 accessories thread

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qoo10 revelion is also selling the 3D. I ordered 1 but they cock up and sent me the wrong model and size despite reminding them to check my ordered items.

LordKuroda

Reaction score
Just saw Moshi has amazingthing TG for the 2XL, maybe can try checking that out?

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Dux flip cover from qoo10 for my wife.

Quality and feel a bit cheapo. Built not so strong and I think it is not durable.

For the price, I think it is reasonable.

2d0aseh.jpg

LordKuroda

Reaction score
Don't. Most waste of money piece of trash. Rainbow effect worst than $8 protector
Haha whoops my bad, because I've heard good things about it for the iPhone X. Shall give it a pass then!

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT

spayre

Reaction score
Hi,

just wanted to share my feedback on spigen casing as i recently bought the pixel 2 xl 128gb Black (from techbug )

1. Tough Armour
Pros
- Kickstand can be quite useful as the pixel 2 xl is wonderful for media consumption
- Cutouts are good (camera and usb c)
- Screen protection is good due to the lips of the casing
- No issues when removing from jeans
Cons
- Kinda bulky due to the two piece design (TPU + PC)
- The button (power and volume) little hard to press
- Does not affect the squeeze feature of google assistance
- The cutout for the rear fingerprint scanner is nice but since the casing is quite thick, you can noticed it when attempt to unlock
- Not easy to remove the casing if you have some OCD and wanted to remove some lint / dust that may get caught between the edges of the screen and the case
- For me, the back piece is kinda slippery and not really convincing when holding it in with one hand

2. Slim Armour
- even though it claims to be the slimmer of the tough armour, the feels and experience is the same as tough armour

3. Rugged Armour Extra
- This was my first casing that i bought and its still my main preferred casing
Pros
- The buttons are easier to press compared to tough and slim armour
- The back is more easier to grip, giving more confidence in holding it (there is some sandpaper feeling at the back, like the oneplus sandstone but not that rough..)
- All other cutout are good (camera and usb type c)
- No issues when removing casing from jeans or pocket
- Not a lint magnet
- Lip protection is good
- Not bulky compared to the slim armour
- The liquid they provided is not really a lot, so chances of the liquid to drip into the speaker grill is minimized

Cons
- No kickstand
- The camera and flash cutout are slightly bigger than the two above casing, hence more of the black glass is exposed.. so its easier to smudge the area there and its a pain if you have OCD

4. Nano Liquid
- I was debating whether to try this (snake oil? or really works) but why not?
Pros
- The process of applying it is easy and straight forward
- The materials used does not leave your fingers sticky
- Casing friendly!
- Tip : After you apply it to the front, you can also apply at the back (camera)
- Tip : Do it before you go to sleep, i know it mentioned that you can use the device after applying it but i think its better to let the coating do its work
- Tip : Wash your hands before applying it

After applying it, I noticed that
- fingerprints are not so obvious
- smudges are easier to clean
- touch screen are not affected
- no weird rainbow or dot matrix experience, the screen looks good
- the screen looks more glossy

runestyx

Reaction score
No issues. Perfect!

Sent from Google Pixel 2 XL PANDA using GAGT

My had rainbows but depending on temperature, it may disappear briefly. Couldn't get used to the "hollow" feeling of the glass as there is no adhesive on the front glass. Removed it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.