Google Pixel 2 and XL 2 accessories thread

Shinji_U

Master Member
Reaction score
My had rainbows but depending on temperature, it may disappear briefly. Couldn't get used to the "hollow" feeling of the glass as there is no adhesive on the front glass. Removed it.
Looks like different people having problems with the full covered tempered glass whereas some others don't... Hmm..

Shinji_U

Master Member
Reaction score
This is verified to be good.. So far the best temper glass.. No rainbow, fits well, clear screen
Got some Bros here having issues with this imak tempered glass... Sigh... Don't know which one to get...

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am interested in getting whitedome

but more importantly any gd shop can install it professionally ?

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the glue will defect the screen if remove it for Whitestone. Just don't feel comfortable pour glue and stick the glass on it.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL Panda using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the glue will defect the screen if remove it for Whitestone. Just don't feel comfortable pour glue and stick the glass on it.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL Panda using GAGT

Can I remove the glass easily?
Don’t worry. Yes, it is just as easy as peeling off a sticker using your fingernail. All the adhesive will cling to the glass. Nothing is left on the screen.

Reviews have been good but installation is not so straight forward. There is a risk of failure.

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is verified to be good.. So far the best temper glass.. No rainbow, fits well, clear screen

giphy.gif

i'm on the verge of tearing my imak out.....

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been installing Whitestone a lot of times on my previous s8+ and wife s8 and colleagues note 8.

It's actually very idiot proof if you ask me.

A few tips before you all really start & also increase your chances in successfuly applying the Whitestone dome.

1. Use a clear tape to tape all gaps surrounding the sides of the phones. Do not tape anything on the screen.

2. Place the phone into the tray provided. There is 2 absorbent pads to absorb any excess liquid glue escaping from the sides of the glass.

3. When it overflows, remember, DO NOT PANIC. Remember this is UV glue. It will not harden till you cure it with UV light. EVEN if it hardens, it can be removed easily as this glue becomes like a gel like adhesive substance, which can also be easily removed with alcohol swab which is being provided.

3. When pouring the glue on the screen surface. Do not put the glass immediately. Check the surroundings for last min dust flying in. Once you confirm that there is no dust. Then release the glass down.

4. Do not cure first. WAIT and check all the corners. Make sure there is no pertruding corners. Check for bubbles, if there is air bubble. Slowly push the bubble away to the side.

5. Now cure it with UV light provided. DO NOT cure it too long. In fact a good 1min for both top and bottom is fine. DO NOT CURE more than that, cause if you have excess glue sipped through the back of it, your phone might be stucked to the tray. So just cure the top and bottom lightly will do.

6. Remove the phone from the tray, then remove the clear tape. The remaining glue around it or at the back of the phone, use the alcohol swab to clean it away. Or alternatively. Just wash the back of the phone with soap and rinse off.

Any way, not so simple, but the end result is satisfying. Cause no tgsp come close to Whitestone. It is by far the best tgsp for any curve screen phone. Cannot go wrong with it either.

And remember, you only need to buy 1x good one tgsp. Don't keep buying rubbish tgsp till you spend more than Whitestone pricing.

Last edited:

Shinji_U

Master Member
Reaction score
How about Intelliarmour? I haven't seen anyone reviewed this yet on PXL2.
Not sure of that. I usually go for the cheap under $15 tempered glass and so far never had a cracked screen. So I'm still looking out for one. xD

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.