Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

edixian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, you can also buy in advance or just before departure. No timing printed on the ticket, just the date.

Thanks. do you know max. how many days in advance? cos someone told me maybe like 1day advance only but not very sure.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shinkansen non-reserved seat ticket you can get 24 hr in advance, reserved ticket is available only from 30 days before departure.

apeape

Reaction score
Since we are on the topic of shinkasen. I will be from Haneda Airport and would have to travel straightaway to Sapporo. Do i need to book my seat to Sapporo in advance or can i just hop on to any train with my JR Pass?

If I do need to reserve, can I book the seat from Thailand? As I would be transiting there first.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shinkansen non-reserved seat ticket you can get 24 hr in advance, reserved ticket is available only from 30 days before departure.
Is this new? I remember in 2015, i bought 2 days in advance. Wanted to buy reserved but they didn't have seats together for my preferred timing.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has the link to the post of blog of the lady who posted her hokkaido itinerary with posts on supplements to buy at the drugstore that one? Haha thanks. Tried searching but can't find.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Non reserved I think is available even earlier but u can get them until (I believe) the day before.

honeyNsugar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Ts. Im planning some day trips from tokyo in early april 2018. Any good recommendations? Ill be there for 2 weeks

Sent from LGE LG-H870DS using GAGT

NanaKoh

Reaction score
Help needed
I'm leaving for Osaka & Kyoto in 2 weeks time & I've yet to plan my itinerary
From Kansai to Kyoto - 4days in Kyoto
My 1st trip to Kyoto

These are the places to we are planning to go (I've yet to check the route too). Kind soul pse help me

Kyoto
Kiyomizu Dera Temple
Gion
Kinkaku-ji
Arashiuama Bamboo Grove
Nishiki Market
Fushimi Inari-taisha
Philosopher's Walk
Kyoto Illumiere (Venue Rurikei Onsen POTEPOTE PARK)

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gion and nishiki market do together with kyomizu if you got the legs for it

Kinkakuji with philosopher's walk

Arashiyama on it own
Fushimi inari is on the south. Alone too

Even if I can remember rough location of places in kyoto, you also cannot so lazy just say I wanna see xyz and hope ppl spend their time give you route.

It is your holiday after all :s13:

Toiletpaper80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of going fujiQ area with my wife and 3yrs old.

What is the best choice of public transport from Shinagawa Station area?

Still deciding if want want to stay a night in fujiq area...

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only bus tix u can either buy at Busta or reserve online.

Thanks, but will skip the theme park, as we are going with a tollder.. will be visiting thomas the train park though, so likely not taking this package.

So to get the bus ticket, i have to buy on the spot?

qwertyotaku

Reaction score
what to wear in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka during year end this year?

and will there be any restaurants or eateries open during xmas and new year? or have to just eat from 7 eleven or family mart?

qwertyotaku

Reaction score
and how come i can't purchase the starlight ticket from tokyo disneyland online? my credit card kept rejecting the transaction stating that my cards are not verified with the 3d thingy

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on your tolerance for cold imo
I would suggest layering up enough, you can still remove coat indoors, gloves and beanie go a long way keeping you warm

you got check if the dates you want are still available? I am not sure why the site will break

unless they do not sell overseas which is strange

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what to wear in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka during year end this year?

and will there be any restaurants or eateries open during xmas and new year? or have to just eat from 7 eleven or family mart?

xmas is not a holiday in japan, so shops/restaurants are all opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.