EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

cracktojack

Reaction score
Just use up the EZ-Link credits on old card. EZ-Link doesn’t expire with debit card expiry

the thread was so long and when back tracked i can't find answer.

my debit card which has ezlink capability is expiring. the bank mailed me a new debit card. how can i transfer existing ezlink credit from old to the new one?

thanks for the response.

vegavega25

Reaction score
Do normal topups of the Nets FlashPay card done using a BOC Family card on the Nets FlashPay app earn the 5%, let's say by virtue of being an online transaction, or is that level of cash rebate for any Nets FlashPay transaction reserved for auto topup only?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do normal topups of the Nets FlashPay card done using a BOC Family card on the Nets FlashPay app earn the 5%, let's say by virtue of being an online transaction, or is that level of cash rebate for any Nets FlashPay transaction reserved for auto topup only?

Auto top up only

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
top up multiple nets flashpay cards using a single CC

Does anybody know if it is possible to top up multiple Nets FB cards from as single account/NRIC and Credit Card?

vegavega25

Reaction score
Why is NETS Flashpay deactivation possibility and history check so poor?

I am trying to decide which cards to get at home for my wife and helper - both of whom have a greater than zero probability (let's say 0.3) of losing their cards.

NETS Flashpay has 2 cons:

I am aghast to find that NETS Flashpay does not have any easy way of blocking or deactivating the card if lost and stolen, whereas the Activate programme of EZ Link does that easily, albeit with one phone call. What gives? This lack of a security backup for NETS Flashpay is completely bizarre. I know that there is an AIA insurance programme, but that is through AIA and is valid only for 1 year! What mountains would NETS have to move to offer a card blocking facility?

The NETS Flashpay app on Android does not have any way of checking history or current balance unless the card is in hand. The EZ-link app (not My EZ-Link, the other one) has the history and current balance, probably as of 12-24 hours earlier but good enough.

Pros:

The *only* reason I see of getting NETS Flashpay over EZ-link is that BOC gives a 5% rebate on the NETS Flashpay ATU, whereas if I understand correctly, there is no similar rebate for any EZ-link ATU. Is that right? If any bank gives a rebate against EZ-link ATU, I would get that without a...third thought.

Any ideas?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide which cards to get at home for my wife and helper - both of whom have a greater than zero probability (let's say 0.3) of losing their cards.

NETS Flashpay has 2 cons:

I am aghast to find that NETS Flashpay does not have any easy way of blocking or deactivating the card if lost and stolen, whereas the Activate programme of EZ Link does that easily, albeit with one phone call. What gives? This lack of a security backup for NETS Flashpay is completely bizarre. I know that there is an AIA insurance programme, but that is through AIA and is valid only for 1 year! What mountains would NETS have to move to offer a card blocking facility?

The NETS Flashpay app on Android does not have any way of checking history or current balance unless the card is in hand. The EZ-link app (not My EZ-Link, the other one) has the history and current balance, probably as of 12-24 hours earlier but good enough.

Pros:

The *only* reason I see of getting NETS Flashpay over EZ-link is that BOC gives a 5% rebate on the NETS Flashpay ATU, whereas if I understand correctly, there is no similar rebate for any EZ-link ATU. Is that right? If any bank gives a rebate against EZ-link ATU, I would get that without a...third thought.

Any ideas?

Last year I called to ask Nets to block the flashpay card. They have records of the transactions and balance and can refund the balance on the card when I reported loss. Need the card number. Not sure if anything changed since then.

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year I called to ask Nets to block the flashpay card. They have records of the transactions and balance and can refund the balance on the card when I reported loss. Need the card number. Not sure if anything changed since then.

also recently reported loss of NFP card, ATU stopped over the phone, fill up form, submit via email & remaining funds refunded into designated bank account within 3 weeks.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also recently reported loss of NFP card, ATU stopped over the phone, fill up form, submit via email & remaining funds refunded into designated bank account within 3 weeks.

Yea. Same.

Wondering if anything changed as I do not remember reading this. https://www.nets.com.sg/support/faqs/faq-nets-flashpay
I lost my NETS FlashPay Card, can I deactivate it?
The NETS FlashPay Card is deemed non-retrievable once misplaced and there is no refund or deactivation for lost or stolen NETS FlashPay Cards.

vegavega25

Reaction score

I was going by what the website says at https://www.nets.com.sg/support/faq...my-nets-flashpay-card-can-i-get-a-replacement.

Any ideas why their terse word on the website is different from what you reported - any recollection from your phone calls, @oceanicmanta particularly, since you said you reported recently?

Overall if what you're saying is how it works in practice, it is a relief.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was going by what the website says at https://www.nets.com.sg/support/faq...my-nets-flashpay-card-can-i-get-a-replacement.

Any ideas why their terse word on the website is different from what you reported - any recollection from your phone calls, @oceanicmanta particularly, since you said you reported recently?

Overall if what you're saying is how it works in practice, it is a relief.

All I can say is they have changed the answer to the same question. I remember clearly previously there was mentioned about calling to block the card and refund within 21 working days.

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, my NFP has been misplaced since Jun. I read the same T&C then & thot all was lost.

Recently, I called NETS on a separate matter & thought just ask. The CSO simply said she will deactivate the NFP, send me the refund form via email, submit for their process ... yes it was a relief. You need to know the CAN number for the form.

vddgnd

Reaction score
If any bank gives a rebate against EZ-link ATU, I would get that without a...third thought.

Any ideas?

Would u consider citibank SMRT for ezlink ATU? Waived $0.25 service charge. 1.7% for ATU amount > $30, additional 0.3% if total spend > $300 per bill cycle.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, my NFP has been misplaced since Jun. I read the same T&C then & thot all was lost.

Recently, I called NETS on a separate matter & thought just ask. The CSO simply said she will deactivate the NFP, send me the refund form via email, submit for their process ... yes it was a relief. You need to know the CAN number for the form.

Glad it worked out for you. Then again I am a bit skeptical now that the CSO will allow the refund next time I lose a nfp card, they can choose to follow the FAQ and not allow refund.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I top up my ezlink card at the MRT top up machine using credit card, will I be charged any fee, like the 25c for ATU?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.