ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadmanINC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me same thinking hardware maybe but setting wth customer go change

No i mean seriously. If its not hardware failure on their part and its due to settings, why do the settings keep magically changing? Or VQ key kiang go & fiddle with it?

DeadmanINC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my problem and yours might not be the same

the engineer change modem also then he call back his noc troubleshooted around 1hr i overheard some vpn issue

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, when would VQ be implementing a simple system to check details online, such as contract start/end dates, other services that we had subscribed to, etc? MR and whizcomms alrdy have one, i dunnoe why so difficult to implement one at start sia.... Making it difficult to track account.

Apex

Reaction score
BTW, when would VQ be implementing a simple system to check details online, such as contract start/end dates, other services that we had subscribed to, etc? MR and whizcomms alrdy have one, i dunnoe why so difficult to implement one at start sia.... Making it difficult to track account.

They did say something like this is coming up.. But went dead again as usual. No news or update...

^Tripper^

Reaction score

Because the company is slowly dying. The last time I met one of thier service guys he shared that the staff turnover was really high. A lot of the original staff had left. Some drama going on lah. It’s obvious when you consider their non existent “service”, unanswered calls, bull crap CSOs. Think about it. Would a company behave this way if it was healthy?

smileylee

Reaction score
Hi I want to terminate my VQ contract ended, they ask me to return the equipment and pay a $120+ termination fee despite my contract is ended.

Tell them I am not going to pay since I did not break my contract they say it’s written clearly when I signed up. Then threaten me with legal letter. Anyone know is it really written that termination is $120+

Apex

Reaction score
Hi I want to terminate my VQ contract ended, they ask me to return the equipment and pay a $120+ termination fee despite my contract is ended.

Tell them I am not going to pay since I did not break my contract they say it’s written clearly when I signed up. Then threaten me with legal letter. Anyone know is it really written that termination is $120+

Check your Agreement. If you had not pay a lump sum to sign up VQ 2 year ago. 99% you will need to pay $120 for disconnection fee.

nqvbkn.png

This is an old image. But the fee is something like this (Port Disconnection Fee $54.50) Different agreement diff fee

smileylee

Reaction score
I no longer have or can find my agreement. Anyone tried playing punk with them? I mean I don’t believe $130 they will issue legal letter. I 1st time hear after contract still need pay money to terminate one. They sales also never highlight when I signing

Untamed

Reaction score
I no longer have or can find my agreement. Anyone tried playing punk with them? I mean I don’t believe $130 they will issue legal letter. I 1st time hear after contract still need pay money to terminate one. They sales also never highlight when I signing

Just learnt the lesson and move on. The last thing you want is they register you with credit bureau for unpaid bill:s22:

Another way is ....instead of you waiting for their legal letter. Why not you engage a lawyer and send your legal letter on your rights!!:D

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
@smileylee , refer to post #2298, http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/n...and-official-thread-part-5-a-5465321-154.html

Over the years we've had a lot of promotions where we tested varying this setup fee. At one-time we removed it entirely from charging up-front and put it at the back of the contract - this is how this "termination fee" came to be. We kept it for a while since it seemed to be successful.

A few months ago we started to see a lot of negative feedback about this fee - so we removed it from new contracts & added a smaller one-time registration fee ($53.50) for new subscribers. Yes this does mean we're subsidising the remaining portion of the fee we used to charge.

Also beforehand i did clarify that for people who signed up a long-time ago when we had the full one-time fee charged at setup, they would not need to pay for the termination fee (even if they did re-contract during the period when this fee was part of the contract).

For current subscribers who first signed a contract with the termination fee - you can re-contract to our currently available plans and the fee will no longer apply. You do not need to pay the new registration fee either.

Hope that helps to clarify everything on this issue

-Nic

Last edited:

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

then ask them for the agreement form you signed. on the form it clearly states the termination fee, under one time service charges - port disconnection fee. you don't pay then go to court. then you lose your case and pay extra for their lawyer fees

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Last edited:

smileylee

Reaction score
The problem is I feel that I got scammed. At the roadshow only mention sign up fee never termination fee. It’s my fault that I didn’t read the contract but isn’t the sales person duty to inform all possible charges? All this hidden charge come launch behind after my contract is over

VQ ask me recontract with them then don’t need pay termination fee but I really beisong about this. Never ever did I hear before cancel after contract still got additional fee.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The problem is I feel that I got scammed. At the roadshow only mention sign up fee never termination fee. It’s my fault that I didn’t read the contract but isn’t the sales person duty to inform all possible charges? All this hidden charge come launch behind after my contract is over

VQ ask me recontract with them then don’t need pay termination fee but I really beisong about this. Never ever did I hear before cancel after contract still got additional fee.
Complain to IMDA, CASE & SCT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.