Apple Watch

mackie8

Reaction score
I think u better get s2 than s1 coz waterproofing of s2 is good to have...
So many s2 in carousell now...

I manage to get a sealed stainless s2 at a good price...

Is it still worth purchasing S1 at retail price? Don’t really need S3 feature

mackie8

Reaction score
My longest on my Series 2 is first day 7am full charge until next day 6:30pm, balance 21%. Both days with music controls on my AirPods on Spotify, a few hrs on TuneIn Radio Pro in office and moderate apps usage including breathe, messages and weather checks on Carrot Weather.

can we browse spotify playlist using the watch? or atleast.. control it using the watch? play ,FF, pause... etc

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can we browse spotify playlist using the watch? or atleast.. control it using the watch? play ,FF, pause... etc

Currently there’s no official Spotify support for Apple Watch.

Of course you can control it via the ‘Now Playing’ app in the watch, I do that everyday.

mackie8

Reaction score
What control can i do with the now playing?
No access to playlist?

Currently there’s no official Spotify support for Apple Watch.

Of course you can control it via the ‘Now Playing’ app in the watch, I do that everyday.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Recently purchase and sort of "gave up" on Android Wear. The TicWatch S which i had did not allow me to install Strava or Misfit (my default step and sleep tracker). The Anroid wear forces me to use Google Fit to track steps.

Allow me to explain on my current situation (w/o the watch).
My physical Misfit tracker is always on my wrist, and tracks my steps and sleep. The data is then synced with Apple Health (my trusty iPhone 6).

Does the Apple Watch allow apps to be installed on the watch itself?
Cos i would very much like to do my jogs with Strava on the watch and Misfit app on the watch tracking my steps.

Reaction score
I'm using strava with my apple watch, but don't think AW will support misfit for now.

Recently purchase and sort of "gave up" on Android Wear. The TicWatch S which i had did not allow me to install Strava or Misfit (my default step and sleep tracker). The Anroid wear forces me to use Google Fit to track steps.

My physical Misfit tracker is always on my wrist, and tracks my steps and sleep. The data is then synced with Apple Health (my trusty iPhone 6).

Cos i would very much like to do my jogs with Strava on the watch and Misfit app on the watch tracking my steps.

forests_gump

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

guess missed my comments before purchase?
TicWatch S & E is sub-standard anyway... typical China junk repackaged to look good only.

tec_geek

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing slow updating of the Watch OS?

The updating of 4.0 to 4.1 was close to an hour.

Updating of watchOS is usually a very slow process. I would sometimes update when I’m gonna be away from my iPhone and/or Apple Watch.

Example: Before going to bed and leave the Apple Watch to update whilst charging it.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updating of software for Apple Watch was never fast. Currently updating to 4.2, still pretty slow.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

The updating was dead slow and I thought something wrong with my wireless connection.:s13:

blackjazz84

Reaction score
Hi how loud is the speaker on the apple watch?

Don’t expect it to be very loud in public environment. Still manageable to hear clearly inside car. Apple Watch is not meant to be an iPhone replacement so don’t expect too much on the speaker volume.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
LTE version can be used as a standalone device as long as you activate the esim function with telco.

Noted on that and also the uncertainty of local LTE support in future.
Quick question: can the LTE watch work via Wifi (even w/o the phone nearby).

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noted on that and also the uncertainty of local LTE support in future.
Quick question: can the LTE watch work via Wifi (even w/o the phone nearby).

Yeah can use wifi, but watch only supports 2.4Ghz. There is no wifi interface on watch, will need phone to pair the info with WATch first..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.