Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2

Reaction score
Hi All, I found out that my TV has DVB T but I am not able to find any digital channel. does this mean that I need to have DVB T2 in order to find the channel? so the next option for me is to get a box tuner?

TIA for the advice.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Hi All, I found out that my TV has DVB T but I am not able to find any digital channel. does this mean that I need to have DVB T2 in order to find the channel? so the next option for me is to get a box tuner?

TIA for the advice.
Yes, setup box or cable movie supplied from SingTel , StarHub.

AC2

Reaction score
Hi sorry again,

I went to browse my tv spec on the net and found out that it has a DVB T2 tuner as well
https://www.philips.com.sg/c-p/55PF...-sided-xl-and-perfect-pixel-hd/specifications

The thing is I am connected to the wall tv antenna but when I search for channel with DVB-T selected , it only show me 0 digital channel and 10-11 analogue channels?...

am I doing something wrong?

My flat was built ready like 3 years ago in SK.

AC2

Reaction score
I was total noob... went to watch the guide on Digital TV setup. so even with digital TV, we are required to get an indoor antenna ourselves instead of connecting to the wall antenna..(please correct me if I am wrong)......

ok so what I am missing here is to buy myself a digital antenna(indoor)

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was total noob... went to watch the guide on Digital TV setup. so even with digital TV, we are required to get an indoor antenna ourselves instead of connecting to the wall antenna..(please correct me if I am wrong)......

Yes, you have to get an indoor antenna to receive DVB-T2 channels

Jane2

Reaction score
my tv is not hd ready .. but i am subscribed to scv non-hd setup box, do i still need to chg a tv?

comex_1

Reaction score

You need to connect the cable to wall SCV point. I've just set up 43' philips Smart TV.it can receive cable Channels although the specification did not state that, your one also should can.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to connect the cable to wall SCV point. I've just set up 43' philips Smart TV.it can receive cable Channels although the specification did not state that, your one also should can.

A few philips models come with DVB-T/T2/C. Many other philips models have only DVB-T/T2.

Only those with DVB-C can receive from SCV point.

comex_1

Reaction score
A few philips models come with DVB-T/T2/C. Many other philips models have only DVB-T/T2.

Only those with DVB-C can receive from SCV point.

On the TV spec, only DVB-T,DVB-T2, but actually, it has DVB-C, just follow the setup guide, country Singapore, and select Cable, not air.
many Channels are scrembled and cannot view, except for those free Channels.
my tv spec.
https://www.philips.com.sg/c-p/43PFT5102_98/5100-series-full-hd-ultra-slim-led-tv-with-pixel-plus-hd/specifications.

comex_1

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the Digital signal get from SCV point with DVB-C tuner is still display 'Analogue' logo, but it is actually Digital.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, the Digital signal get from SCV point with DVB-C tuner is still display 'Analogue' logo, but it is actually Digital.

SCV TV point carries both analog FTA channels and digital HD channels.

If you see the word analogue under the mediacorp logo, you are watching the analogue channel.

Mediacorp implemented this earlier this year, to make sure that viewers are not confused.

My digital FTA HD channels from the SCV point do not show the word analogue.

To confirm it, you can press menu key on the tv remote, then go to signal information to check the modulation method. Analog channel will not have the signal information option.

Another way is to press [ch list] on the philips remote, it will show you the list of channels on your TV, and there is a ATV or DTV shown next to channel no.

u0206397

Reaction score
SCV TV point carries both analog FTA channels and digital HD channels.

If you see the word analogue under the mediacorp logo, you are watching the analogue channel.

Mediacorp implemented this earlier this year, to make sure that viewers are not confused.

My digital FTA HD channels from the SCV point do not show the word analogue.

To confirm it, you can press menu key on the tv remote, then go to signal information to check the modulation method. Analog channel will not have the signal information option.

Another way is to press [ch list] on the philips remote, it will show you the list of channels on your TV, and there is a ATV or DTV shown next to channel no.

Since the cable TV point is carrying both analogue and digital signal (DVB-C?), can you clarify who would get analogue and who would get digital signal?

For Starhub cable TV subscribers who use the cable TV set top box they would get digital signal?

For non-cable TV subscribers without the Starhub set top box, and who just tap on the cable TV point, their TV would read the analogue signal?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since the cable TV point is carrying both analogue and digital signal (DVB-C?), can you clarify who would get analogue and who would get digital signal?

Q1: For Starhub cable TV subscribers who use the cable TV set top box they would get digital signal?

Q2: For non-cable TV subscribers without the Starhub set top box, and who just tap on the cable TV point, their TV would read the analogue signal?

Q1: yes.

Q2: If they are using analogue TV, they will get analogue channel. If the TV has built-in DVB-C receiver, they will get both analogue TV and digital TV. Don't have to subscribe.

comex_1

Reaction score
I can prove it is digital signal.
1. The Philips TV does not have analogue tuner.
2. I have Starhub SCV box, the digital CH5 and CH8 also display 'Analogue' Logo.

AC2

Reaction score
I believed i have dvb c in the setting. Will try tonite when i go home. So meaning the wall connection can still work work with dvb c? Thank for sharing.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believed i have dvb c in the setting. Will try tonite when i go home. So meaning the wall connection can still work work with dvb c? Thank for sharing.

If it is from starhub/SCV, it should have the DVB-C signal.

x1HHFIt.png

stonefish35

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought the antenna from sim lim tower. Tried just now at home, picture very clear n reception very good(stay at 11 storey). $12 only. But how to get malaysia channel cos i auto search for digital only.
iZ3YCoel.jpg

86zo8BFl.jpg

TcgcPogl.jpg

Sent from HUAWEI MHA-L29 using GAGT

Malaysia channels, depends on which part of SG you are staying. From my place, I can see Straits of Johore and it's buildings and fireworks, and I am staying at a very high level.

I used a $2 antenna and can only get SG channels , tried using this antenna , I can get all Malaysia channels. Point to note is, I can only get the Msia signals when I place this antenna at a particular point on my window, any other part of the window, no signal.

And 1 thing to take note if buying this antenna from this shop, they tried to charged me $13 each when I buy 2 today, until I told them, my friend bought this at $12 then they bill me $24.

marin3

Reaction score
And 1 thing to take note if buying this antenna from this shop, they tried to charged me $13 each when I buy 2 today, until I told them, my friend bought this at $12 then they bill me $24.
Looks like when demand goes up, price also goes up. Went there a week ago to buy another unit for my friend it was left only a few pieces on the display stand though it was full when I bought my first unit. I am sure they have more in stock. So far all my channels are receiving an average of 90% signal strength with it.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like when demand goes up, price also goes up. Went there a week ago to buy another unit for my friend it was left only a few pieces on the display stand though it was full when I bought my first unit. I am sure they have more in stock. So far all my channels are receiving an average of 90% signal strength with it.

need to connect to 5v power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.