Ops Manning !?

Tombstonewan

Reaction score
hey guys... preparing for amber manning and field pack items next month. havent do this for years but been surfing around to keep up knowledge.

qn:
1) Last time when packing items into ziplock bag, I must use clear tape to reinforce the sides and packaging. Now, still need to do this? Or just pack nice nice into zip lock bag, can already?

Just pack nice nice into zip lock. No need to be sui sui like our era (I'm ord in 2005 and 7 more H key to go XD)

2) Do we still use the L Torch with filters now? Mine spoil already, so must buy it again from emart? Or any other torch can?

I'm just buy the torch from E-market

3) I see range card need bring OHP markers also. Bought the markers already but they all permanent one. Why like that? Is it use clear plastic to cover the range card then write on the plastic?

This one no idea but i just buy whatever it is when i go back reservice.

4) I no unit one but NS helpline say got unit, and they say will contact me in 3-5 days anyway, so no official packing list now. Asking, is it standard to bring PT shoes also? Wondering if I need to buy another set and just let it rot in the bag instead of taking my current one in/out whenever I wanna use.

For me i just throw in my good condition shoes cause lao jiao already and no need to be standardize one la ... even IPPT also got ppls wear altas sport shoes to go

Packing list can be found in NS portal

Thanks for your help guys!

edit: oh ya... mine is the old smaller size field pack and SBO.

Range card not that ex to begin with. U also need it for your outfield, if any. Especially when you are doing all round defense.

laurenspang

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone expecting to b called up today? By right 20 nov I start my HK reservist.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You sound new bird NSman to me. No point (call group members immediately upon receiving letter or call one month before manning period) cause letter only advice there is a possible MOB activation on certain period of time & the rest of NSmen may also already received the same thing as you. You should only call during MOB activation.

Detachment ic should call group members immediately upon recipent of letter or call one month before manning period?

Sent from Pocoyo fan club using GAGT

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You sound new bird NSman to me. No point (call group members immediately upon receiving letter or call one month before manning period) cause letter only advice there is a possible MOB activation on certain period of time & the rest of NSmen may also already received the same thing as you. You should only call during MOB activation.

i meant call for verification of contact details:o

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got sms for mob manning in jan 18, but i have no news abt my unit or callsign at all. Havent gone for any ict also. I go ns website also got no news of any manning, and i cannot find out which unit i am in also leh...how ah?

Last edited:

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got sms for mob manning in jan 18, but i have no news abt my unit or callsign at all. Havent gone for any ict also. I go ns website also got no news of any manning, and i cannot find out which unit i am in also leh...how ah?

Call ns.sg to check your unit. They should call you back.

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call ns.sg to check your unit. They should call you back.

but shouldnt i receive letter or email or sms at least on what is my unit? I have been in RHL since i ORDed... one of the forgotten ones i think

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but shouldnt i receive letter or email or sms at least on what is my unit? I have been in RHL since i ORDed... one of the forgotten ones i think

For SAF, this kind of responsibility normally lies on the NSmen themselves to find out if they didn't receive any info.

Tombstonewan

Reaction score
For SAF, this kind of responsibility normally lies on the NSmen themselves to find out if they didn't receive any info.

The fastest way to check is to call your formation NSHRC and check directly.

What's your formation, you say? It's the same when you ORD.

Example, if you are in 4 SIR, ur formation will be HQ 6 Div. so you call HQ 6 DIV NSHRC to find out more.

manning are usually done at the formation level

PanzerFist

Reaction score
ugh... just when I thought about starting school again, then in comes ops manning from 16/1/18 to 30/1/18...

What a great way to start 2018, eh? -_-"

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i meant call for verification of contact details:o

im a detachment ic and i dun really give a flying **** until i see my callsign on tv or i get a call to go back camp

the bloody green form and sticker are getting on my nerves, duno who the **** put my name there

everytime theres a manning, i have to go back to SUNGEI Gedong to listen to them for 30mins and collect that piece of crap (and my total travel time is 3hours ******* hell)

Chalkycliffs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im a detachment ic and i dun really give a flying **** until i see my callsign on tv or i get a call to go back camp

the bloody green form and sticker are getting on my nerves, duno who the **** put my name there

everytime theres a manning, i have to go back to SUNGEI Gedong to listen to them for 30mins and collect that piece of crap (and my total travel time is 3hours ******* hell)

I used to be detachment IC...

Now Advanced Party....

Last time mob activate... new DIC call me... I already in camp :s22:

He really take his time to call :s13:

LionPlushie

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it true that no briefing means no mob? and also no packing list no mob?

ps new bird to this thing. and i want to go overseas during that period. is it safe?

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it true that no briefing means no mob? and also no packing list no mob?

ps new bird to this thing. and i want to go overseas during that period. is it safe?

briefing will be prepared and attended before they started... will included the codes...just make sure new uniform fit u...boot still ok and haircut neat and no dye color=:p if they activated u... at least for mine they will checked ones
. Main gate somemore... =:p

Fieldpack will be quite heavy for ICT and MOB... it get heavier as u get older...=:p

can try calling NSportal... usually packing list at NSportal or your unit will post to u...

usually Sat and maybe Sun...depend on how on your unit is... if u can come back in time within the timeframe to report...

got 2 types... flash tv and less than 5 mins will called u... must answer and acknowledged it... change fast and rush to camp... late meant good luck... even if your camp far from your home... the other is just called u... same must answer and acknowledge it...

hope trains or buses operating normally...

Welcome to 10 years related activities :s12: yearly min twice ones... that do not include ICT...

For ICT... same as usual... uniforms fit u... boot clean and haircut neat and no dye color... they will checked ones before you scan your I/C... make sure u reach camp before their stated timings...

make sure both 11B and IC are available...:s12:

jamescy90

Reaction score
Any sad soul kena first call up like me after donkey years of being forgotten?

Kena Clementi camp unit CS120.
Anyone can shed some light what unit is this?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.