ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The problem is I feel that I got scammed. At the roadshow only mention sign up fee never termination fee. It’s my fault that I didn’t read the contract but isn’t the sales person duty to inform all possible charges? All this hidden charge come launch behind after my contract is over

VQ ask me recontract with them then don’t need pay termination fee but I really beisong about this. Never ever did I hear before cancel after contract still got additional fee.

then wait for them to send you a letter of demand followed by writ of summons. then you can go court and said you got scammed by not reading the contract terms

Apex

Reaction score
The problem is I feel that I got scammed. At the roadshow only mention sign up fee never termination fee. It’s my fault that I didn’t read the contract but isn’t the sales person duty to inform all possible charges? All this hidden charge come launch behind after my contract is over

VQ ask me recontract with them then don’t need pay termination fee but I really beisong about this. Never ever did I hear before cancel after contract still got additional fee.

Sorry to hear this but you are not the only person who got so called "scammed"

Their show girl or sales only focus on sign up but didn't say a single word about the disconnection fee. (we know if i tell you after 2 years u must pay for disconnection fee who wanna sign up)

If the service sucks pay and move off.

franstam

Reaction score
Don't understand this type of speed...

6847743353.png

For those who are getting weird speedtests, let me try to reiterate.

• testing on gigabit lan instead of wifi?
  • disabled firewall/antivirus/security software on pc?
  • disabled router Qos settings?
  • freshly rebooted pc or freshly restarted browser?
  • closed other bandwidth hogging apps like steam/skype/torrents/etc?
  • tried other browsers safari/firefox/chrome/chromium/edge/pale moon/vivaldi/basilisk/etc etc? some browsers seem bottlenecking speedtest for some reason
  • try the flash speedtest gives faster results
  • turn off any green ethernet settings/make sure windows is on high performance plan?
  • other users on the same household using bandwidth
very often i get low speedtest results due to 1 or more of the above factors, especially the flash speedtest or left my browser open too long. i close and freshly reopen my browser or disable av/fw temporarily and my speedtest reliably goes back to 900+ mbps.

so please try some quick fixes first.

settings optimized:
6854057568.png

antivirus and firewall disabled/torrent/steam/skype/web browser with lots of tabs already loaded/essentially breaking many of above points:
6854072839.png

almost instantaneously my speedtest tanks really badly... so hope this helps you guys out.:)

pangolin123

Reaction score
I think viewqwest messed up my settings. Was getting reasonably good download rate from overseas server. For the past few days, getting less than 1mb/sec using Internet download manager. Weird.

physistry

Reaction score
@franstam I think bulk of the issue here is the download speed we are getting when we are downloading directly from file hosts sites.

Not much to do with speed test results from ookla. What seems to be 80-90MBps becomes 80KBps download. This is of coz unreasonable and has to be addressed. To which, they are not doing much. As such, when this prompted us to terminate, we are then notified of disconnection fee. One by one will be pek chek

pangolin123

Reaction score
Can get good local download rate using speedtest. But when it comes to international download rate, i am getting less than 1mb/sec for most overseas files. Ridiculous!

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't understand this type of speed...

6847743353.png

Ok this is weird. I get both these readings:

The one above.
The one below.

6856604605.png

1. First thing in the morning, my PC gets 900Mb/s
2. If I turn on my phone Wifi, my PC gets 200+Mb/s
3. Turn off phone Wifi, my PC still only gets 200+ Mb/s
4. Firefox, Chrome, IE all check out the same phenomenon

Router issue? My setup is currently

Zhone ==> Asus AC66U ==> PC

evoram

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok this is weird. I get both these readings:

The one above.
The one below.

6856604605.png

1. First thing in the morning, my PC gets 900Mb/s
2. If I turn on my phone Wifi, my PC gets 200+Mb/s
3. Turn off phone Wifi, my PC still only gets 200+ Mb/s
4. Firefox, Chrome, IE all check out the same phenomenon

Router issue? My setup is currently

Zhone ==> Asus AC66U ==> PC
i had this problem with ac66u... had to reset to factory settings and speed was back to normal.

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
Waive replication charge

Anyone from VQ is here?

When I signed up my contract 2 years ago one of the condition of the promotion was that I will get one free relocation and charges are waived.

I am moving apartments end of Dec and VQ's reps are telling me that I have to pay relocation charge.

Anyone from VQ - you have a chance to retain customer if you make that relocation without charge.

DeadmanINC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called them ask again but good luck on your connection

Anyone from VQ is here?

When I signed up my contract 2 years ago one of the condition of the promotion was that I will get one free relocation and charges are waived.

I am moving apartments end of Dec and VQ's reps are telling me that I have to pay relocation charge.

Anyone from VQ - you have a chance to retain customer if you make that relocation without charge.

physistry

Reaction score
Vq anonymous already. Don't wanna reply email or follow up. Been weeks on a single issue.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone from VQ is here?

Was it stated or written on your contract?? If dun have, you have low chance to win this case. Perhaps the salesperson that attended to you that time gave fake promises so that you will sign.

AFAIK, these will incur big costs so nt easy to waive off.

tungsten2

Master Member
Reaction score
There is only one case so far have relocation fee waive is because the subscriber is out of contract. If you are not under this category, think the chance is very slim.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Apex

Reaction score
Anyone from VQ is here?

IF this is not listed on the T&C i believe you would have to pay for the relocation.

Otherwise they would suggest that

1. sign another 2 years and get the new line activated at the new location (not sure if this would happen).

BTW you may need to pay disconnection fee if you choose to leave VQ.

^Tripper^

Reaction score
Anyone from VQ is here?

Sorry to tell you but highly unlikely you’ll get that waiver. Not from this useless crap company anyways. I’’d suggest you change provider as soon as you can.

peter_tee

Reaction score
@franstam I think bulk of the issue here is the download speed we are getting when we are downloading directly from file hosts sites.

Not much to do with speed test results from ookla. What seems to be 80-90MBps becomes 80KBps download. This is of coz unreasonable and has to be addressed. To which, they are not doing much. As such, when this prompted us to terminate, we are then notified of disconnection fee. One by one will be pek chek

Speedtest is pretty ok for me like many others.

However, there is really something wrong with VQ routing to services in Europe. These include e.g. Uploaded.to file hosting site. I'm using 3rd party VPN and when I connect to their HK servers the download speed increases 10x and when disconnected it drops to crawling speed.

Anyone know any easy method to do traceroute to individual files in different filehosting services? Behind the link there are different servers but at least JDownloader 2 does not show the actual remote host info which is required for traceroute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.