MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SP4 type cover stopped responding midway while I was using it. Seems like aome update caused it? Anyone advice, thinking of sending to service centre...but gotta go during office hours which is a hassle.

Any advice? Should be still under warranty...

meekiatah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SP4 type cover stopped responding midway while I was using it. Seems like aome update caused it? Anyone advice, thinking of sending to service centre...but gotta go during office hours which is a hassle.

Any advice? Should be still under warranty...

This is how Microsoft try to increase their Surface Pro sales. Bricking existing type connector so that those it of warranty either pay $600+ to replace a refurbished set or but a new Surface.

if still under warranty, check properly and ensure you still have the receipt when purchased cos they tried to "eat" my boss SP4 2 months warranty. Have to raise dispute and provide proof of purchase before they will adjust it. They will send Singpost to collect from you, no need to their service centre.

Mine also broke down out of nowhere. Now using a Brydge cos mine is out of warranty and cost $600+ to replace. This will be my last Surface Pro.

Last edited:

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I got 2options with this SP4 that can't detect keyboard and has battery that drains when not used :
1 Swap for refurbished set at $600+ or
2 Continue using as tablet and always plugged in

What do you guys think?

option 1 runs the risk of becoming defective again on in a short while as its known the SP4 wasn't well made....

soho87

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking at getting the Microsoft Surface Pro to use as normal laptop usage, browsing, watch online movie , microsoft office etc.

I saw that surface pro 4 is selling at $996

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/stor...:overviewtab

while Pro 5 is selling at $1388, $400 more.

I was told by my friend who is currently using the older version that Pro4 is more than enough. Any opinion?

I might get the surface pro 4 @ $996 and the accessories from HN or any online stores which 11.11 sales.

In addition, i am waiting for tonight to see if there is any 11.11 sales. Do you think i should wait till sitex for better offers?

Thank in advance.

RyuShinEX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sitex may or may not promote too much of Pro 4 but rather the latest 2017.

Pro 4 is enough for your use. take note that pen is included but not for 2017 model.

so just wait and see lo, if the $996 hasn't expire yet

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My surface pro 4 have to plug in the power adapter in order to start up.

Also, after startup, it just suddenly power off.... in order to startup again, I have to disconnect the power cable and reconnect again.....

Any experts here can advise?

Erikku

Reaction score
SP4 owners here, do anyone of you here experiencing serious screen flicker issues whereby half of my screen is flickering making the text/images hardly readable. If would be good to share with me if you guys manage to fix it. I have read thru many articles and tried most of the fix but have no luck on it. Worse is my warranty is over and heard that Microsoft will charge a expensive replacement fees.

jamiegsj

Reaction score
SP4 owners here, do anyone of you here experiencing serious screen flicker issues whereby half of my screen is flickering making the text/images hardly readable. If would be good to share with me if you guys manage to fix it. I have read thru many articles and tried most of the fix but have no luck on it. Worse is my warranty is over and heard that Microsoft will charge a expensive replacement fees.

for mine it happens when it gets hot. so cool it down and it be ok

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
me too. I did buy the extended warranty so I just got it replaced recently.

another thing I am doing with the new unit is to set the max CPU to 99 percent. this way turbo won't kick in and make the unit too hot.

works well for battery life and cooling too

Sent from LGE LG-H930 using GAGT

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMtdqYDl.png

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for mine it happens when it gets hot. so cool it down and it be ok

This sounds terrible. Hybrids like this tend to heat up a lot because it is very slim. So in short, you cannot put your SP4 under heavy load because there is no way you can keep it cool. :s22:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMtdqYDl.png

It looks cheaper, but I still don't think it is worth it. Because it comes neither with the pen, nor the keyboard. The keyboard will bring the cost up by another 200 bucks I believe? By the time you get the pen and keyboard, it is likely that you have spent pass 1k. If you go look for shops clearing older Acer/ Lenovo hybrids, you probably can find one may be a little more pricier, but with much better specs, and lower failure rate.

goh5560

Reaction score
Depending on your use I think it is worth it for me, just brought it. Anyone here know if there a a flip cover, like the Smart Cover of the iPad for this surface pro?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depending on your use I think it is worth it for me, just brought it. Anyone here know if there a a flip cover, like the Smart Cover of the iPad for this surface pro?
type cover. normal or alcantara

ctchng

Reaction score
Can i check how are you going to use your Surface Pro 4 m3? I’m looking at Surface Pro i5 8gb 256SSD and MIIX 720 i5 8gb 512SSD (future proof) then chance upon the Surface Pro 4 m3 at $699 which set me thinking what can m3 do and whether can it meet my needs. I do a bit of number crunching on the go with MS Excel (possible of having 6 to 10 spreadsheets within one book)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i check how are you going to use your Surface Pro 4 m3? I’m looking at Surface Pro i5 8gb 256SSD and MIIX 720 i5 8gb 512SSD (future proof) then chance upon the Surface Pro 4 m3 at $699 which set me thinking what can m3 do and whether can it meet my needs. I do a bit of number crunching on the go with MS Excel (possible of having 6 to 10 spreadsheets within one book)

The Surface 4 Pro m3 will not suit your usage is my opinion. I suggest you go read some reviews on it for objectivity.

The processor is built mainly for good battery life. For light usage, it will manage fine. MS Excel based on my personal usage pattern burns through ram and can be quite intensive on the processor depending on how you are using it. The SP4 Pro m3 falls short on both the processing power and 4GB ram.

goh5560

Reaction score
With the $699 price tag, I think you cannot expect much. But as I said, if for light useage, which I think you are, don’t think it will be a problem. A full proof version to meet all need will cost double this price. For my case, I have a company PC that will meet this need, the surface pro 4 M3, is my secondary, for personal use, so it is good enough, it feel pretty good and fast for me for leisure use👍

goh5560

Reaction score
Think the $699 offer is too attractive, found that it is already out of stock. So too late for those who is still thinking, luckily I brought liao😜

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the $699 price tag, I think you cannot expect much. But as I said, if for light useage, which I think you are, don’t think it will be a problem. A full proof version to meet all need will cost double this price. For my case, I have a company PC that will meet this need, the surface pro 4 M3, is my secondary, for personal use, so it is good enough, it feel pretty good and fast for me for leisure use👍

I think it depends on how each person is planning to use their laptop/hybrid.

Having said that, 699 is actually not cheap considering if you get a keyboard cover and pen locally, the total damage is likely over 1K. Of course you could go for a conventional Bluetooth keyboard, but just comparing like for like with other competing brands which typically comes with keyboard and pen. I would have been happier to fork out another 300 to 400 bucks more for a more competent hybrid with better specs and longer warranty. In fact, I have seen both Acer Switch 12 and Lenovo Miix 520 around 1200 before with a proper i5 CPU, 8GB ram, and at least 256GB of storage.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.