ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

physistry

Reaction score
Speedtest is pretty ok for me like many others.

However, there is really something wrong with VQ routing to services in Europe. These include e.g. Uploaded.to file hosting site. I'm using 3rd party VPN and when I connect to their HK servers the download speed increases 10x and when disconnected it drops to crawling speed.

Anyone know any easy method to do traceroute to individual files in different filehosting services? Behind the link there are different servers but at least JDownloader 2 does not show the actual remote host info which is required for traceroute.

Yeap, same for me.

Speedtest no issue. But real download speed to filesharing sites is crawling worst than 56KBps adsl days. And guess what the tech told me? If speedtest is okay, means nothing wrong. This is true to an extent.

Sent them the traceroute - "working" on it. Called me back days later, and remote control my PC from wherever they are based. Then run speedtest again - say speed not an issue.

- Says im not on wired (which i am on wired connection
- blames file hosting sites (but i told them the download affects EVERY major sites as well).
- advise me to use different download manager and not IDM (did that via remote access but still don't believe it's their issue).

Just did another test: General Failure :mad:

qjlU6EL.png

Regardless, I don't see any attempt to resolve the latency / download issues we are facing.

Last edited:

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok this is weird. I get both these readings:

The one above.
The one below.

6856604605.png

1. First thing in the morning, my PC gets 900Mb/s
2. If I turn on my phone Wifi, my PC gets 200+Mb/s
3. Turn off phone Wifi, my PC still only gets 200+ Mb/s
4. Firefox, Chrome, IE all check out the same phenomenon

Router issue? My setup is currently

Zhone ==> Asus AC66U ==> PC

Troubleshooted every setting, updated router Firmware, did factory reset etc.

Can only conclude that it's a hardware issue. Since router is a few years old, time to go shopping again........

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Regardless, I don't see any attempt to resolve the latency / download issues we are facing.

I don’t understand these support people. If you have 10 knowledgeable users who has the same issue (ie slow downloads from Europe or file sharing hosts), how can you even think it is an individual person issue and not a systematic issue.

I will fire my support team if they ever said that to my users.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand these support people. If you have 10 knowledgeable users who has the same issue (ie slow downloads from Europe or file sharing hosts), how can you even think it is an individual person issue and not a systematic issue.

If I'm VQ boss, I'll keep them and give them a bonus. Ignore all problems and claim all is well. Cut cost, don't invest in infra, don't maintain networking assets, minimal invest, maximum sign ups, superb profits.

Why actually spend money in being the best ISP when I can just have more cash for myself by being as rubbish (if not rubbisher) as traffic light ISPs?

Hence all the rubbish service, rubbish billing, rubbish support, rubbish tech, rubbish speeds :)

dryteletubby

Reaction score

They know about the issue. They just cant do anything about it probably due to incompetence

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember to check if you need to pay disconnection fee..

They will say need. Then after i KPKB then they say “miscommunication” so no need. Try their luck only 🙄 If i dont say they also act blur.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
They will say need. Then after i KPKB then they say “miscommunication” so no need. Try their luck only 🙄 If i dont say they also act blur.

So far many customers got their shock from this disconnection fee...

Honestly nobody remember or recall that there were told about the disconnection fee.

Unlike major telco will cross that section and asked u sign that they have explain and inform u there is a disconnection fee.

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They know about the issue. They just cant do anything about it probably due to incompetence
This is not totally about staff incompetence.
It may involve in more cost require to handle.
Hence it is the TOP Management decision.
Apply to all Companies just like smrt...past n present.

If you ever work closely in service and support depts you may understand and able to see what's going on.
Most staff want to help but sometime it may beyong them.

Last edited:

dryteletubby

Reaction score
This is not totally about staff incompetence.
It may involve in more cost require to handle.
Hence it is the TOP Management decision.
Apply to all Companies just like smrt...past n present.

If you ever work closely in service and support depts you may understand and able to see what's going on.
Most staff want to help but sometime it may beyong them.
I was mostly referring to the management

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far many customers got their shock from this disconnection fee...

Honestly nobody remember or recall that there were told about the disconnection fee.

Unlike major telco will cross that section and asked u sign that they have explain and inform u there is a disconnection fee.
Some of us (me included) had to pay an activation fee. Then they said many customers complained so now no more activations fee but have disconnection fee.

But we who paid activation fee no need to pay disconnection fee. This was confirmed by Nic. When i asked they act blur & showed me the recontract which shows disconnection fee. I blasted Nic here & they emailed me back to apologise for “miscomm”.

Supposing i blur or if got lao jiao who forgot that no disconnection fee cos they paid activation fee, thats it lor. Act blur pretend dunno. If customer also blur, they happily pocket the $. Customer kaopei then claim “miscom”.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The contract wun state whether we paid for it upfront or not? Can always use it to argue back though.

TheGhost

Reaction score
Some of us (me included) had to pay an activation fee. Then they said many customers complained so now no more activations fee but have disconnection fee.

But we who paid activation fee no need to pay disconnection fee. This was confirmed by Nic. When i asked they act blur & showed me the recontract which shows disconnection fee. I blasted Nic here & they emailed me back to apologise for “miscomm”.

Supposing i blur or if got lao jiao who forgot that no disconnection fee cos they paid activation fee, thats it lor. Act blur pretend dunno. If customer also blur, they happily pocket the $. Customer kaopei then claim “miscom”.

I got a copy of the first invoice from 2012 which states $50 for Registration and $75 for Installation. I supposed the Registration refers to activation fee in this case ?

My contract already ended long time ago so I can just drop down to their office with the stuff and terminate on the spot ?

siaoboy

Reaction score

They "waived" the activation fee during the signup to entice you and you will be charged with disconnection fee? Bad way of doing business

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They "waived" the activation fee during the signup to entice you and you will be charged with disconnection fee? Bad way of doing business

If they stick with Activation fee all the way wouldn't have so much problem..

They started with Activation fee > No Activation fee but have disconnection fee > i think now is free...

The disconnection fee was there but was never really discuss or inform unless you asked them in those old Trade show, if there was anything else you need to pay after 2 years up, some sales ppl would say yah there is a disconnection fee. Tat why I didn't choose VQ 2 years ago.

Is like break up liao still must pay a fee to say bye lol.

Xtreme_Funktions

Reaction score
Remember to check if you need to pay disconnection fee..

i checked last time with nic and with cs that i liaise with over email, i dont have to pay that :)

U also buay lun their service ah

I wasn't affected as much as you guys as I always ssrr in this thread but my life and financial situation has changed so I feel paying for $65 per now is very expensive and not worth it. Some more they collect payment 1 month in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.