AOC 50in 4K TV @$699

pangsl

Reaction score
What's the panel for this AOC?
Tempting. Is it too heavy for one person to cash and carry?
Most importantly can fit any grab car boot or not.

This TV has IPS panel, verified by many buyers overseas. One simple test is to view it sideway, no degradation in brightness or colour...

pangsl

Reaction score
I also did a dimming test on this TV (https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/local-dimming). The moving image is sharp without any halo/tail. It performed better than both my Benq VA panel and Samsung IPS PC monitor.

I suspect this TV has local dimming using its direct backlit LED...

Contrast is not determined just by panel, but also by the backlight technology...

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
我啱喺怡丰城giant見到。。。肯定$500,好似包送,因為包装箱外貼一張细纸条"home delivery"

Spectre007

Master Member
Reaction score

the tv is quite light, 1 person can carry liao. fits my uncle's honda vezel just nice, just need to fold the rear seats.

ipadxcell

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Anyone game on this tv?
Can someone also test the fps 23, 24, 25, 30, 60. I have a Samsung which lags on some movie. I don't know why.

Sempron2800

Reaction score
Just talked to the salesperson at Giant Parkway outlet. This is NOT IPS panel....now having 2nd thoughts...Might go for Panasonic TH49EX400S at $899 (with delivery + wall mount).

Hmm...maybe the sales guy meant that it is not a hard-panel IPS.
I did try to look at the screen from the side, gotta admit that colours are still good when viewing from the side.

But to add on to the confusion, take a look at the seller's response on qoo 10 stating that the 50" model is a VA panel.
https://m.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/ItemQnA.aspx?goodscode=555500299&global_order_type=L

Last edited:

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
其實喱個價錢無IPS屏幕應該接受得到呱。。。一寸10蚊,又有4K咧,仲有飛利浦保修咧!
。。。AKIRA都做唔到喲。。。

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
050129289_1_1200x.png

AKIRA 一樣岩岩喺 GIANT 推出55寸曲面4K電視。。。
https://www.bigbox.com.sg/products/55-inch-curved-t2-digital-ultra-hd-led-tv-new-design
規格上贏個5寸,曲面,但係價錢(600/55=$10.90)埋保固期就輸俾AOC嘍.​

Kwein

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was at tampines giant
saw the unit the screen cannot make it
and best part the promoter keep dissuading me not to buy due to too many problems and return, there's alot of left over due to AOC closing at Taiwan and Philips bought over

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
。。。 best part the promoter keep dissuading me not to buy due to too many problems and return, there's alot of left over due to AOC closing at Taiwan and Philips bought over
真系佩服嗰個"烧士"。。。白嘅可以說到變成黒嘅!!!
aoc 係台湾公司無錯
aoc 俾飛利普買去無錯
錯嘅係,你見到嘅AOC產品,無論電視機或台面屏幕,都無台湾制造嘅!!!
所以"正在清貨"嘅理由係不成立嘅!

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was at tampines giant
saw the unit the screen cannot make it
and best part the promoter keep dissuading me not to buy due to too many problems and return, there's alot of left over due to AOC closing at Taiwan and Philips bought over

LOL this proves most promoters dont know jack shiat and just anyhow throw smoke bombs at gullible consumers like you who will take anything said at face value. Philips bought over AOC? Do you know AOC's parent company, TPV Technology, is one of the largest OEM manufactuer in the world. And they are the ones who acquired Philips' monitor and tv maunfacturing business and brand licensing rights, not the other way round.

Last edited:

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was at Tampines Giant Hypermart yesterday
many stocks available apparently not selling well even price dropped to 500
he asked for 55", n u reply not selling well for wad

there's no 55" version at Giant

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.