EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most cards exclude TRANSITLINK in their spending calculations though.
I think this is for the rebate calculation. For for fulfilling minimum spend, everything is included other than fees.

I just applied for HSBC card and need to hit 600 to get 120 cash back as new card application promo.

Yesterday I managed to charge 100 on my ezlink card using HSBC card at MRT.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

juelim

Reaction score
I think this is for the rebate calculation. For for fulfilling minimum spend, everything is included other than fees.

I just applied for HSBC card and need to hit 600 to get 120 cash back as new card application promo.

Managed to charge doesn't necessarily mean it will count to the $600 spend requirement. You may want to check that particular card's promotion terms and conditions.

lewist

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure if this has been as before.

Lets say my posb everyday card expire, bank issue a new credit card.
I assume i need to reapply for the ezlink auto-topup again.

How about the old card? how do i seek a refund of the remaining amount in the card? or transfer balance?

Secondly, since there are so many credits card with EZLink or NETS Flashpay function. Which credit card would you guys recommand for daily commute?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How about the old card? how do i seek a refund of the remaining amount in the card? or transfer balance?

Secondly, since there are so many credits card with EZLink or NETS Flashpay function. Which credit card would you guys recommand for daily commute?

1) http://www.ezlink.com.sg/ez-reload-by-card-faqs

Q12: My bank has renewed my credit card number/ I have changed my credit card number. How do I inform EZ-Link? What are the procedures?
If there is a change of your credit card number due to card upgrade or replacement of a lost card, you will need to deactivate the Auto Credit Card top-up facility immediately and reapply. Deactivation can be done at any TransitLink Ticket Office with your NRIC/Passport and your ez-link card(s). Please allow at least 7 working days for your account to be updated before reapplication.

Please note that if you have performed one of the transactions below in the past four days, you will not be able to deactivate the EZ-Reload facility. Please wait for another 7 days for your account to be updated, before you deactivate the facility.

Activation of the EZ-Reload facility
Auto Top-up
Settlement of outstanding amount

2) http://www.ezlink.com.sg/refund-your-ez-link-card

3) boc family for 5% on 4x $50 nets flashpay auto top up, if you can clock min $500 monthly.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Go to the transit link office to deactivate giro on the old card, 10 days later can bring the card back for a cash refund of the remaining value or transfer out to new card. New card go apply for ezreload as new application anytime.

fr33d0m

Master Member
Reaction score
My BoC family card got double ATU deduction from Credit card, but only 50 dollar was credited into Flashpay.

Anyone encountered similar problem before?

Call NETS Flashpay?

vddgnd

Reaction score

I asked this question before, the reply was "EZ-Link, Transitlink or NETS Flashpay will be included qualifying transctions. HOWEVER, please note that it is NOT AN ELIGIBLE TRANSACTIONS for the monthly cash rebate."

So can use it to meet the $600 for the signup gift.

hygge island

Reaction score
Need help on 2 questions:
1) i have been using EZ-Link card in my IU for carpark fees. In some old carpark, they don’t accept EZ-Link so I have to use a physical cashcard. I have recently gotten nets FlashPay on my BOC credit card. Can this FlashPay card now replace the old cashcard for those old car parks?

2) I read in previous posts that BOC Family card will impose $0.5 service fee for ATU??? Is this right? I tot the first 4 ATU are free for BOC card?

Thanks so much in advance!

sebastgt

Reaction score
Old Carparks still require cash card, EZ-Link or flashpay card cannot be used. Eg Cineleisure car park at Orchard.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need help on 2 questions:
1) i have been using EZ-Link card in my IU for carpark fees. In some old carpark, they don’t accept EZ-Link so I have to use a physical cashcard. I have recently gotten nets FlashPay on my BOC credit card. Can this FlashPay card now replace the old cashcard for those old car parks?

2) I read in previous posts that BOC Family card will impose $0.5 service fee for ATU??? Is this right? I tot the first 4 ATU are free for BOC card?

Thanks so much in advance!

1) still cannot use flashpay at old carpark if they are not cepas enabled

2) no such thing as free ATU. 25cents convenience fee if ATU on non-boc flashpay card (using boc family as source of fund). 5% rebate on first 4 ATU with BOC family as source of fund.

Last edited:

hygge island

Reaction score
My bad.. didn't read carefully.. appears that I am better off sticking to my ezlink and physical cashcard.

Now I need to (1) cancel the ATU and (2) get refund. NOte that my NFP card is also my BOC family card.

(1) cancel ATU
From the NETS faq, seems straightforward enuf, I need to de-activate ATU with NETS self service machine.
Question: Do I need to inform BOC about de-activating?

(2) get refund
Again, seems straightforward enuf. I go to transitlink office and get refund.

Am I missing anything?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My bad.. didn't read carefully.. appears that I am better off sticking to my ezlink and physical cashcard.

Now I need to (1) cancel the ATU and (2) get refund. NOte that my NFP card is also my BOC family card.

(1) cancel ATU
From the NETS faq, seems straightforward enuf, I need to de-activate ATU with NETS self service machine.
Question: Do I need to inform BOC about de-activating?

(2) get refund
Again, seems straightforward enuf. I go to transitlink office and get refund.

Am I missing anything?

just de-activate ATU with NETS self service machine, wait about 2 weeks before going ocbc or dbs/posb atm to refund. after refund the nets flashpay wallet can no longer be used. no need inform boc

hygge island

Reaction score
Thanks Trazora... But by getting a refund at ATM, will the ATM machine "swallow" my card? Its my BOC Credit card as well, so I certainly do not want that to happen.

vegavega25

Reaction score
Thanks Trazora... But by getting a refund at ATM, will the ATM machine "swallow" my card? Its my BOC Credit card as well, so I certainly do not want that to happen.

There is a little place near the ATM screen to hold/tap the NETS card. It is not supposed to be inserted like the ATM/Debit card.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

btw can also refund at transitlink service counter if the amount in the flashpay card is $100 or less. ATM may be more convenient though

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.