ViewQwest Fiber Broadband Official Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just returned the items to Viewqwest in Suntec. The staff there also like sian to be working there..
Any proof issued to u to confirm received? Knowing how cork up they are, sekali tell u never receive so still bill monthly fee till u return 🙄

I still remember one guy here kena. Was told no neec to return yellow cable so he returned everything else. Then he found he was still being billed monthly & the excuse was u never return the cable so will get billed till u return.

This company seriously like can ketok u anywhere & anyway also they will try their luck. So hard up for $ meh?

Last edited:

Haman

Reaction score
Any proof issued to u to confirm received? Knowing how cork up they are, sekali tell u never receive so still bill monthly fee till u return 🙄

I still remember one guy here kena. Was told no neec to return yellow cable so he returned everything else. Then he found he was still being billed monthly & the excuse was u never return the cable so will get billed till u return.

This company seriously like can ketok u anywhere & anyway also they will try their luck. So hard up for $ meh?

They will send acknowledgement email on same day. That's what I had when I returned the other day to Suntec also.

^Tripper^

Reaction score
They will send acknowledgement email on same day. That's what I had when I returned the other day to Suntec also.

Best to receive some acknowledgement while you’re still there. I insisted on waiting there with the equipment until I actually received the email. Didn’t trust these *******s and I was right not to.

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm about to go buy a new router - deciding between Linksys WRT 1900ACS or EA8500.

Any users can input if these 2 work fine with Viewqwest?

Zhone will be in bridge mode and feeding signal to the router.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm about to go buy a new router - deciding between Linksys WRT 1900ACS or EA8500.

Any users can input if these 2 work fine with Viewqwest?

Zhone will be in bridge mode and feeding signal to the router.

Good luck to u using VQ, even if your router is good they have outages all the time.

Router wise u can't go wrong with Asus ac88u, but if u want better coverage I went for netgear Orbi

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good luck to u using VQ, even if your router is good they have outages all the time.

Router wise u can't go wrong with Asus ac88u, but if u want better coverage I went for netgear Orbi

I've been with VQ since Day 1 so I'm pretty familiar with their outage regularity (or should I say, irregularity - maybe I'm lucky).

Had bad experience with Asus and the AC88U is anyway out of my budget.

Have you tried either of the Linksys models before?

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been with VQ since Day 1 so I'm pretty familiar with their outage regularity (or should I say, irregularity - maybe I'm lucky).

Had bad experience with Asus and the AC88U is anyway out of my budget.

Have you tried either of the Linksys models before?

I think linksys should be ok, used their routers before and used their repeater ea6500. Just need to check forums to see which firmware version is stable

FILTH

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow vq users, what u all using to watch football?
Currently using sling via freedom dns but their service kinda bad now.

nebbish

Reaction score
i use sling too, but on saturday the stream was not good. some parts of the match were blur

X

Reaction score
Any1 from Buangkok / Sengkang area experiencing throttling issues during evening peak?

I did a speedtest (viewqwest.speedtestcustom.com) last night between 9pm - midnight and got a 600++mbps download result. The upload speed is fine tho.

Did the same test this morning between 6 - 7am and got the regular 900++mbps reading.

Any1 from VQ here to verify what's going on?

crewcutboy

Reaction score
Will people PLEASE stop obsessing over speedtests? They are not always accurate, are subject to network and server conditions and loads depending on time of day, and aren't meant to be conducted multiple times a day!

Just because your speed is lower at certain times of the day doesn't mean there's "throttling" going on! Why the heck would any ISP even throttle speed test sites?! They would instead artificially boost your speed test results so that you think all is well when in fact your actual download speeds are crap.

VQ's speed test server isn't the best, for one. Try SoftLayer.

If your test results are fine at any given time of the day, doesn't matter day or night, then it's fine - period. Stop testing and go actually use your broadband for something more worthwhile.

Life's too short to be fussing over something so mundane, don't you think?

X

Reaction score
Will people PLEASE stop obsessing over speedtests? They are not always accurate, are subject to network and server conditions and loads depending on time of day, and aren't meant to be conducted multiple times a day!

Just because your speed is lower at certain times of the day doesn't mean there's "throttling" going on! Why the heck would any ISP even throttle speed test sites?! They would instead artificially boost your speed test results so that you think all is well when in fact your actual download speeds are crap.

VQ's speed test server isn't the best, for one. Try SoftLayer.

If your test results are fine at any given time of the day, doesn't matter day or night, then it's fine - period. Stop testing and go actually use your broadband for something more worthwhile.

Life's too short to be fussing over something so mundane, don't you think?

Thank you for your 2¢ worth on the matter.

The reason why the speedtest was performed was because my internet speed was affected during that period and was wondering if any1 staying around my area is affected too. Perhaps throttling isnt the right word to use, perhaps it's just heavy usage during evening peak but I will leave that for a VQ rep to answer the question.

You dont have to fuss over my mundane matter. Thank you for your attention and reply.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your 2¢ worth on the matter.

The reason why the speedtest was performed was because my internet speed was affected during that period and was wondering if any1 staying around my area is affected too. Perhaps throttling isnt the right word to use, perhaps it's just heavy usage during evening peak but I will leave that for a VQ rep to answer the question.

You dont have to fuss over my mundane matter. Thank you for your attention and reply.

Hi X,

VQ has left HWZ and no VQ Rep would reply here. Please reach them at their official support channel.

Phrajile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok this is weird. I get both these readings:

The one above.
The one below.

6856604605.png

1. First thing in the morning, my PC gets 900Mb/s
2. If I turn on my phone Wifi, my PC gets 200+Mb/s
3. Turn off phone Wifi, my PC still only gets 200+ Mb/s
4. Firefox, Chrome, IE all check out the same phenomenon

Router issue? My setup is currently

Zhone ==> Asus AC66U ==> PC

Ok, bought a new EA8300 router, setup and running fine now.

6872731773.png

and Wifi speed is pretty good now. Also does not drop the LAN speed to 200+ like my AC66U did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.