Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
I work around VivoCity and my colleagues all advised against going King Louis even if it's cheap. I never got to try coz everyone avoids it like a plague. Lunch time always see the place empty, didn't look promising to me too.

Maybe they have poor QC and you hit the jackpot that day?

Spidie

Reaction score
Very long never recommend any buffets, so here goes. Found is absolute gem of a buffet at King Louis, Vivocity.

https://www.thekinglouis.com/

Their ala carte buffet is $39.90++. They have 141 on weekdays n 342 on weekends. The menu is a pretty big one consisting of western dishes. Forgot to take a pic of their menu, but you can goggle it. Got salads, appertisers, main dishes, desserts n drinks.
So you went for the full menu or normal menu ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Last edited by a moderator:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think is

mon - thur 12pm - 5pm = 1 for 1 ( 2 pax for the price of 1)
mon - thur 5pm - 9.30pm, fri - sun 12pm - 5pm = 3 for 2. (3 pax for the price of 2)

Oh yea, thanks for the correction =:p I only beo the lunch

I work around VivoCity and my colleagues all advised against going King Louis even if it's cheap. I never got to try coz everyone avoids it like a plague. Lunch time always see the place empty, didn't look promising to me too.

Maybe they have poor QC and you hit the jackpot that day?

This is my 2nd visit. First one good, so came back again. Next time if i'm on leave again, i will try to go back :D

So you went for the full menu or normal menu ?

Normal. Still got several items have not tried yet, eg, the morocan chicken.

Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i just went to the dinner buffet at king louis..

value for money, if u can whack tons of meat. you eat 2 course cover the price liao.

NoSouL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, thanks for the correction =:p I only beo the lunch

This is my 2nd visit. First one good, so came back again. Next time if i'm on leave again, i will try to go back :D

Normal. Still got several items have not tried yet, eg, the morocan chicken.

thanks for the recommendation, going next week when gf on leave.

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very long never recommend any buffets, so here goes. Found is absolute gem of a buffet at King Louis, Vivocity.

https://www.thekinglouis.com/

Their ala carte buffet is $39.90++. They have 141 on weekdays n 342 on weekends. The menu is a pretty big one consisting of western dishes. Forgot to take a pic of their menu, but you can goggle it. Got salads, appertisers, main dishes, desserts n drinks.

Wah u make damn gain man haha. Is the meat wait time long??

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah u make damn gain man haha. Is the meat wait time long??

The food comes fast, around 10 mins for everything to come. We KOed in just 45 mins =:p

Last edited:

merrr111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah lan i like pork ribs but never eat at king louis before...always tot the quality is not there cos seems very quiet whenever i pass by there...
if next week got go vivo i go there try and come back here give report...:s13:

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Kitchen Table at W Sentosa for their seafood dinner buffet. s88++ per person.

ktable2.jpg

ktable10.jpg

Summary: "Overall, we really liked the abundance of seafood available throughout the whole buffet line, and also some of the novel (to us, anyway) flavours like the tandoori lobster. What we didn't really like was some of the hot dishes being left out on the line for way too long. We also thought that while the food was generally "not bad," there weren't really any standout "oh so delicious" dishes. To us, we think it's a little much to ask a diner to drive (or UberGrab) all the way out to Sentosa Cove, and pay a hundred bucks for this dinner, when there are countless other hotel buffets in Singapore that are better, cheaper, more convenient, or all three."

If you're interested in full review / pics, can check bloglink here: http://look-see-eat.blogspot.sg/2017/12/seafood-buffet-kitchen-table-w-hotel-singapore.html.

Zaalaa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Kitchen Table at W Sentosa for their seafood dinner buffet. s88++ per person.

Summary: "Overall, we really liked the abundance of seafood available throughout the whole buffet line, and also some of the novel (to us, anyway) flavours like the tandoori lobster. What we didn't really like was some of the hot dishes being left out on the line for way too long. We also thought that while the food was generally "not bad," there weren't really any standout "oh so delicious" dishes. To us, we think it's a little much to ask a diner to drive (or UberGrab) all the way out to Sentosa Cove, and pay a hundred bucks for this dinner, when there are countless other hotel buffets in Singapore that are better, cheaper, more convenient, or all three."

If you're interested in full review / pics, can check bloglink here: http://look-see-eat.blogspot.sg/2017/12/seafood-buffet-kitchen-table-w-hotel-singapore.html.

Have always been thinking to try out Kitchen Table. Not sure if it is covered under AMEX 1-for-1. But if you have staycation in one of the hotels. I think it's a good choice.

Your review really makes me think twice now. hahaha

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have always been thinking to try out Kitchen Table. Not sure if it is covered under AMEX 1-for-1. But if you have staycation in one of the hotels. I think it's a good choice.

Which amex card is 1 for 1??

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s “OK” but s$88++ ... pricey leh. The other hotel buffets that are much easier to get to than sentosa cove are similar priced and IMO have overall better food.

Disclaimer I don’t own a car lol. A car owner might argue that sentosa cove is actually easier to drive to than orchard road on a saturday night 🤣

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s “OK” but s$88++ ... pricey leh. The other hotel buffets that are much easier to get to than sentosa cove are similar priced and IMO have overall better food.

Disclaimer I don’t own a car lol. A car owner might argue that sentosa cove is actually easier to drive to than orchard road on a saturday night 🤣

i have been there for its breadfast before.. its pretty good..

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next time can jiak with u?

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Sure, will notify you if we planning a weekend visit. Btw, you keen on Sankai either on Christmas / New Year?

Yes, it is covered under the amex dining promos. I find their quality of food quite good, but their normal spread is too small. However, during festive periods when they expand the spread, eg, during CNY period 2017, i really enjoyed the food there. As mentioned, the location is really a turn off.

Which amex card is 1 for 1??

Amex plat. You can check the amex page for those w dining benefits, but for those kris, capitaland etc, all dun have.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway I went kitchen table cos got conned into persuaded to sign up for their sip & indulge dining membership. It’s the usual nonsense, pay s$500 bucks or whatever up front then get a bunch of “free” vouchers, room discounts, dining discounts, etc. Next week gonna use my brunch @ kitchen table and high tea @ woobar vouchers too, so ... will post my thoughts after that I guess.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway I went kitchen table cos got conned into persuaded to sign up for their sip & indulge dining membership. It’s the usual nonsense, pay s$500 bucks or whatever up front then get a bunch of “free” vouchers, room discounts, dining discounts, etc. Next week gonna use my brunch @ kitchen table and high tea @ woobar vouchers too, so ... will post my thoughts after that I guess.

Lol ... now a lot of membership schemes have some 5/7 days cooling off period. Maybe you can call them to cancel n request for refund if you really regret signing up for it.

Actually they were 'testing out' the tandoori lobsters when we went a couple of months back. Got to sample a tasting portion of 0.5 lobster each. Yea, i agree with you. They're nice. I only tried their weekday 'Food from the Heart' theme, n i found the dishes to be slightly different from wat you get at most intl buffets. Less common kinda of dishes. The presentation of some of the desserts also quite fun, eg, the springe thingy.

Nice pics btw!

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Festive Dinner Buffet @ Blue Jasmine
Date. Fri 22 Dec 2017
Time. 6.30pm
Venue. Blue Jasmine @ Park Hotel Farrer Park
Price. 34.20 nett *only onz if can get 4 pax coz need 4 pax for 1 for 1 promo
Details. http://www.parkhotelgroup.com/en/farrerpark/promotions/festive-dining

1. Taken
2. Taken
3. Swordsman *Only onz if can get 4 pax
4. *Only onz if can get 4 pax

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Festive Lunch Buffet @ Sky22
Date. Sat 23 Dec 2017
Time. 12pm
Venue. Sky22 @ Courtyard Marriott Novena
Price. $33.60 nett
Click here for menu

Note that spread is smallish without seafood, so be prepared.

1. Taken
2. Taken
3. Swordsman *Only onz if slot 4 is taken*
4. *Only onz if slot 3 is taken*

Korean BBQ Lunch Buffet @ Ssik Sin
Date. Sun 31 Decc 2017
Time. 11.30am
Venue. Ssik Sin Bedok Point
Price. $30 nett

1. Taken
2. Taken

Jap Ala Carte Lunch Buffet @ Sankai
Date. Mon 01 Jan 2018
Time. 12pm
Venue. Sankai @ Liang Seah
Price. 31.90 nett via qoo10 voucher

1. Taken
2. Taken
3. Taken
4. Taken
5. mehmeh0987
6. Striker
***closed***

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.