Wechat wallet

Alwaysb

Reaction score
Can use wechat wallet just that you need a China mobile number when setting it up, and you cant link to your bank cards issued in SG. So you have to top up using 3rd party service.

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Hi david, does this apply to alipay too? I do have a china number but no china bank account. With mobile number is good enough to go? Alipay can use axs to top up? As for wechat use third party (or china friend) to top up. Is that correct?

david_yyy

Reaction score
Hi david, does this apply to alipay too? I do have a china number but no china bank account. With mobile number is good enough to go? Alipay can use axs to top up? As for wechat use third party (or china friend) to top up. Is that correct?
No for alipay though. Yes, use 3rd party to top up wechat wallet

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

comex_1

Reaction score
I am planned to visit China, I've set up Alipay in Singapore using DBS Credit Card with a Singapore phone Number and Alipay Verified my Account. I will try to use it and see.

Just go to https://www.alipay.com/

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am planned to visit China, I've set up Alipay in Singapore using DBS Credit Card with a Singapore phone Number and Alipay Verified my Account. I will try to use it and see.

Just go to https://www.alipay.com/

The Alipay Singapore account cannot be use in China. Please read the FAQ on the SG website.

ngml

Reaction score
I managed to link my Citibank card to wechat wallet. Although it cannot top up, but i can now receive red packet from others.

comex_1

Reaction score
The Alipay Singapore account cannot be use in China. Please read the FAQ on the SG website.
update, the Alipay that created and linked to Singapore Credit card cannot pay on daily usage initially, since it does not linked to a debit card, but you can ask other Alipay user to transfer money to your Alipay account, after that, you can use those money to pay daily usage.

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is alipay or wechat recommended? Planning to get 3rd party top up

Happy_kk

Reaction score
wechat wallet

Yes, you can.. You can download the wechat app (but you cannot see the wechat wallet at this stage). Then ask your friend who has wechat wallet send you RMB1 hong pao, you accept it then you will able to see the wechat wallet with RMB 1 inside. At this stage, wechat wallet is created. However, there are 2 options to top up wechat wallet, one must with China bank account, so this option is out. second option, ask you China friends transfer fund to you via wechat and you pay them in SGD. Or online there is service offer this, but the rate is much lower.

Hope this helps anyone with doubt.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can.. You can download the wechat app (but you cannot see the wechat wallet at this stage). Then ask your friend who has wechat wallet send you RMB1 hong pao, you accept it then you will able to see the wechat wallet with RMB 1 inside. At this stage, wechat wallet is created. However, there are 2 options to top up wechat wallet, one must with China bank account, so this option is out. second option, ask you China friends transfer fund to you via wechat and you pay them in SGD. Or online there is service offer this, but the rate is much lower.

Hope this helps anyone with doubt.
But we can get a china bank account right? Just need to go spend time getting a mobile line and a bank account

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

madcampus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bloody hell. So they make it easy for Chinese citizens come to Singapore to use Alipay and Wechat, BUT for us Singaporeans to use these app in their own country can be so difficult and challenging???

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rubbish de
I using sg mobile and sg credit card. Definitely can use

trevallyo

Reaction score
think there has been some changes not too long ago, able to use sg credit cards n sg number. credit cards better to use international banks like scb or citi and VISA card.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tried setting up, app asks for card issued in mainland China.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.