No more Amazon free shipping potentially

Bluepoison

Reaction score
No free shipping from Amazon U.S. web site.

Join Singapore Prime and get free shipping on items from Amazon U.S. only if they are on Prime Now and more than S$60.

So just to clarify understanding, joining the Singapore Prime membership will not provide free shipping from USA (i.e. FSSG) on items previously applicable for FSSG.

It will provide free shipping on:
1. Items in Prime Now SG and bought from Prime Now SG App (Above S$60)
2. Items included in Prime Now SG but bought from USA website. (above S$60)

Really not sure about point no. 2

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So just to clarify understanding, joining the Singapore Prime membership will not provide free shipping from USA (i.e. FSSG) on items previously applicable for FSSG.

Point 1 is S$40 for free 2-hour delivery, point 2 is not exactly as you described, it's for whatever items you can see in Prime Now app under "International" section (which will be listed in S$, using a fairly reasonable FX rate from the same item current US pricing on amazon.com)

Reaction score
did you even check how the International items are priced in SGD in the Prime Now app? versus the same item's price on Amazon.com? if you didn't, do refrain from making a fool of yourself, but too late for that.

1.94 is good FX rate to you?

Lmao tonight can sleep well

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No, free shipping to Singapore only for (1) items listed in the international section of Prime Now SG app; and (2) above S$60.

Hashketh

Reaction score
Crucial MX300 525GB - SGD191.07 on SG Prime.

US Site - USD$139.99

Unreasonably priced? I don't think so.

Ya I can see the same for ryzen 1600 and one asus gtx 1060 3gb. The rate seems to be about 1.36 which is actually better when I charge to my credit card in USD which is around 1.4

However the same can't be said for a heavier item like a case. Take the phanteks P400 as an example. I think it takes into consideration the dimensions and the weight of the item as well.

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ya I can see the same for ryzen 1600 and one asus gtx 1060 3gb. The rate seems to be about 1.36 which is actually better when I charge to my credit card in USD which is around 1.4

However the same can't be said for a heavier item like a case. Take the phanteks P400 as an example. I think it takes into consideration the dimensions and the weight of the item as well.

In the past, you can't even ship a case due to size limitation.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

same FX rate being used by Amazon for Ryzen 1600 and Phanteks P400, you can check for yourself.

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pricing is local rather than Amazon US.

Prime Video is also nowhere near Netflix standard and much less programmes even compared to Amazon US Prime Video.

I will probably cancel Prime membership when the trial period ends.

How's the Prime Video catalogue? Netflix is $13+ per month. Amazon is $2.99 per month. How to compare?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How's the Prime Video catalogue? Netflix is $13+ per month. Amazon is $2.99 per month. How to compare?

$3 per month is promo rate, regular price will be $9 per month, compare apples to apples.

Hashketh

Reaction score
The promo rate of SGD2.99 is certainty enticing enough for me to take the bait. I don't know much about Amazon but I think given how much money Amazon is bleeding through their delivery services, reviving the free shipping is unlikely.

I used ezbuy to get an Amazon purchase (motherboard) to shop back to singapore because it was on offer and the shipping from ezbuy's end amounted to SGD 15++? So even if we ship stuff back ourselves it best we ship lighter things.

So what does everybody think? Is Amazon prime a viable alternative to the free shipping problem? Albeit with a lesser variety available?

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/true-...ons-annual-shipping-losses-top-7b-first-time/

Bfrost

Master Member
Reaction score
Also, since the International store is from US and the price is already in SGD, we will need to pay DCC.

DCC/cross border fees (as of 24 May 2017)

HSBC - 1% (start from 22 May 2017, 0% previously)
ICBC - 0%
OCBC - 1%
BOC - 1% (visa/masters), 0.6% (unionpay)
Maybank - 1%
UOB - 1% (visa/masters), (0% amex)
SC - 0.8% (visa)/1% (masters)
DBS/POSB - 1% (visa/masters), (0% amex)
CIMB - 1%
Citi - 0.8% (visa)/1.0% (masters) , (0% amex)
AMEX - 0%

Note: The above applies to credit cards, the cross border/dcc fees for debit cards is usually higher.

from: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...fees-you-may-not-know-you-paying-5595638.html

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tbh, considering the whole picture, shipping rates by Amazon are relatively cheap.

oddbasket

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The international catalogue is severely limited. Amazon prime video also has older movies and shows unlike the US with more recent videos. Good if you want to watch older movies in HD.

Twitch prime is not bad for gamers, a free game every few weeks, and plenty of mini DLC packs for free.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The promo rate of SGD2.99 is certainty enticing enough for me to take the bait. I don't know much about Amazon but I think given how much money Amazon is bleeding through their delivery services, reviving the free shipping is unlikely.

I used ezbuy to get an Amazon purchase (motherboard) to shop back to singapore because it was on offer and the shipping from ezbuy's end amounted to SGD 15++? So even if we ship stuff back ourselves it best we ship lighter things.

So what does everybody think? Is Amazon prime a viable alternative to the free shipping problem? Albeit with a lesser variety available?

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/true-...ons-annual-shipping-losses-top-7b-first-time/

So, did u sign for the Prime Now at $2.99/mth?

OceanEleven

Master Member
Reaction score
Quite frustrating with no more FSSG.
Should have bought the R7 during Black Friday.
Now stuck with mobo and no CPU.
Perhaps just sell away the mobo. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.