SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

krypst

Reaction score
hello i need some advice, i got up-pes from C2L2 to B1L1 and am required to do IPPT but my window closes on 28/12. I tried IPPT and kept failing. I know i have to do 20RT next cycle. Are the RT sessions automatically registered or i can register when i do the RT sessions whenever i want to?

innumerabilis

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone took ipt at marina bay promontory before? Anyone know the exact location? Is it at the big field opposite dbs, mbfc tower 3??

And what happen in the event of rain?

Thanks

For benefit of others who may chance upon this, the location at Marina Promontory is east of the actual promontory that protrudes out.

Here's a Google Maps link of the gathering location:

https://www.google.com.hk/maps/plac...30b61ee37b!8m2!3d1.280372!4d103.8549869?hl=en

For all IPT in the Park:

If it rains before the session starts, you can choose to skip with no penalty. If you go, and it is Cat 1, they will wait up to 30 min (or 1 hour, can't remember clearly) to see if the Cat status changes. If it's still Cat 1, then too bad, the whole session is cancelled and attendance is not counted. If the cat status clears, the training starts but it still ends at the same time without being prolonged.

If it rains after the session commences, congrats, the training halts but the session is still counted. However, if the session is too short, they will share some fitness tips in a sheltered area before releasing you.

Calander

Reaction score
hello i need some advice, i got up-pes from C2L2 to B1L1 and am required to do IPPT but my window closes on 28/12. I tried IPPT and kept failing. I know i have to do 20RT next cycle. Are the RT sessions automatically registered or i can register when i do the RT sessions whenever i want to?

infact mindef will not "short change" you. if your PES upgrade effective date till 28/12 is less than a certain period, you are infact excused for having to pass IPPT or to complete 10 IPTs.

call up NS hotline to confirm... if they cant, they will direct you to your NS unit by the next working day.

ayuchan

Reaction score
I attending my MR ceremony on 03 March 2018 and my unit official stand down on 31 March 2019. My birthday falls on 31 January 2018. I can skip the whole ippt during my birthday window right?

Calander

Reaction score
I attending my MR ceremony on 03 March 2018 and my unit official stand down on 31 March 2019. My birthday falls on 31 January 2018. I can skip the whole ippt during my birthday window right?

u will need to clear your 17/18 window.. that means before your birthday next month.

krypst

Reaction score
infact mindef will not "short change" you. if your PES upgrade effective date till 28/12 is less than a certain period, you are infact excused for having to pass IPPT or to complete 10 IPTs.

call up NS hotline to confirm... if they cant, they will direct you to your NS unit by the next working day.

I received the notification for me to do IPPT but my window closes 28/12 so im guessing i have to do it by 28/12, thus i am wondering if i can fail and go for 20 RT sessions next year instead since i know i cant pass at all due to the short time frame

Calander

Reaction score
I received the notification for me to do IPPT but my window closes 28/12 so im guessing i have to do it by 28/12, thus i am wondering if i can fail and go for 20 RT sessions next year instead since i know i cant pass at all due to the short time frame

take note on the following terms:

1. u need to have at least 1 IPPT (inclusive of IPT-IPPT or ICT-IPPT) attended. This will be considered as "IPPT failure". Otherwise u will be deemed as "IPPT defaulter".

the two terms attracts different forms of charge. if being a IPPT failure, u will only need to do lesser RT sessions as compared to being a defaulter.

Rusty89

Reaction score
Hey guys, my window just opened recently I heard that there will be allowance for IPT, is it true?

Also, I heard that now can take IPT in CBD area. Does the first IPT still have to be taken in camp to determine the band?

Calander

Reaction score
Hey guys, my window just opened recently I heard that there will be allowance for IPT, is it true?

Also, I heard that now can take IPT in CBD area. Does the first IPT still have to be taken in camp to determine the band?

all IPT sessions have a 1/2 service pay since 2015 (when 3-stn IPPT is implemented)....

all IPT-IPPT (1st and 10th session) has to be taken at FCC (camp) itself.

my question to you. were u not required to take IPPT in your previous windows?

hope u had visited the FAQs in NS Portal and Role As An NSmen webpage before.. is a VERY useful platform for majority of the inquiries @ https://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/mindef_websites/topics/nsmatters/nsmen/roles_as_nsmen.html...

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tmr taking rt ippt at Maju. Can someone tell me how is it like? Haven’t take any ippt for two years. Lol

As in how push up and sit up got chance play cheat not. Lol

Rusty89

Reaction score
all IPT sessions have a 1/2 service pay since 2015 (when 3-stn IPPT is implemented)....

all IPT-IPPT (1st and 10th session) has to be taken at FCC (camp) itself.

my question to you. were u not required to take IPPT in your previous windows?

hope u had visited the FAQs in NS Portal and Role As An NSmen webpage before.. is a VERY useful platform for majority of the inquiries @ https://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/mindef_websites/topics/nsmatters/nsmen/roles_as_nsmen.html...

Ahh thanks for the info. i was doing IPT previously before 2015 and then last window was doing RT but just trying to find out more about the changes in IPT.

bigbigbirdbird

Reaction score
hi guys noobie question.
i just taken ippt during ict, but i only got pass w/ incent.
that means i cleared my window for this year.
if i want to go for silver, can i still book ippt outside?

Calander

Reaction score
hi guys noobie question.
i just taken ippt during ict, but i only got pass w/ incent.
that means i cleared my window for this year.
if i want to go for silver, can i still book ippt outside?

yes u are already cleared.

u can still book a non-ICT ippt if u think u qualify for the higher incentive, and will be paid on the difference between silver and pass, for example.

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, just a heads up. Went to Maju to take RT IPPT. PTIs says next year April iirc will start the ELISE push up....

nogizaka46

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kranji Camp FCC always got female trainers there, they don't look like they're from SAF. Anyway the trainers there are a bit strict about push up and sit up.

Incorrect form and bad posture will not be counted.

Calander

Reaction score
For the "20-D" policy, anyone knows what is the limit of D?

if u know about such policy and the word "D", u should infact know what that means... otherwise how u get this info?

and for what u want to know.. the limit is 10.

UVERtainment

Reaction score
silly question, but can i enter the fcc for my ipt in bermudas or shorts? i was wondering if civilian attire means only jeans/pants

nogizaka46

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
silly question, but can i enter the fcc for my ipt in bermudas or shorts? i was wondering if civilian attire means only jeans/pants

So far I see people entering in pt kit in Kranji camp for IPPT, so shouldn't be a prob, although I don't know about the rest.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.