NZXT x62. Is my pump dead? Any recommendations for new Cooler? AM4

Psycovirus

Reaction score
NZXT Kraken X62 Pump Died. Any recommendations for new Cooler?

irFJgi5.jpg

bbdyaYz.jpg

Is the pump dead?

My CPU is throttling and my pump is 0 rpm.

The NZXT x62 is still lighting up as per normal.

It's only 7 months old.

I'm going back to air cooling. Any recommendations for an AM4 Air cooler? Rushing to get it ASAP from SLS. Thanks

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

Last edited:

hao_jun

Reaction score
irFJgi5.jpg

bbdyaYz.jpg

Is the pump dead?

It's only 7 months old.

I'm going back to air cooling. Any recommendations for an AM4 Air cooler? Rushing to get it ASAP from SLS. Thanks

Cryorig h7?

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Cryorig h7?
H7 Quad Lumi is good but I'm not looking for RGB atm. Performance to price isnt that great.
Get R1 if you are overclocking.
Yupe. Got to PCThemes 10mins before closing. Just got an R1 Universal instead of ultimate for RAM clearance reasons. Hopefully perform as good as x62. Fat hope...
Wow. Good price but i need it now. ASAP.. this will wait too long. Thanks.

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get Noctua D15.
Tested and Proven air cooler.
No Horse Run!

JiangWei

Reaction score
Seem like pump dead, create a ticket to nzxt and get it replaced. I also using x62. Abit concerned too.

irFJgi5.jpg

bbdyaYz.jpg

Is the pump dead?

It's only 7 months old.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Get Noctua D15.
Tested and Proven air cooler.
No Horse Run!
Could not find the one with AM4 bracket. Only had 10mins to search since shops were closing at 7.50pm. ended up with Cryoring R1...

Seem like pump dead, create a ticket to nzxt and get it replaced. I also using x62. Abit concerned too.
Yea. I'll RMA with TechDynamic since they are the distributor. I have emailed them about deadpump and they reply only after Christmas since they do not have stock to RMA...

Installed the Cryorig R1 Universal and am happy with the performance.

8rC0YJMl.jpg

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did mention before somewhere that running the daisy chained fan splitter going into the pump unit was a bad idea. Rad fans going into CPU_Fan header, pump going into CPU_OPT or the equivalent will be better.

When your fan ramps, your pump impeller gets a temporary brownout and its RPMs fluctuate. On performance mode or max RPM you can hear occasional liquid gushing sounds because of this for some people.

Together with dodgy 3rd party control utilities that may not respond real time as fast as BIOS settings, you may hurt the pump in the long run in such scenarios. Got some product manager in corsair forums mention before thes asetek pumps are not designed to run at variable RPM.

When I was on an AIO, rad fans into CPU_Fan, pump into CPU_OPT no issues at all. I think these asetek AIOs are adapted to run in a more gamer friendly control UI and the use of daisy chaining over direct control, direct cable inputs have hurt the AIO reliability.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also the pump unit for these asetek AIOs can be powered either by a molex plug, sata or even a *cough* *cough* USB 2.0 mobo header.

Last edited:

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did mention before somewhere that running the daisy chained fan splitter going into the pump unit was a bad idea. Rad fans going into CPU_Fan header, pump going into CPU_OPT or the equivalent will be better.

When your fan ramps, your pump impeller gets a temporary brownout and its RPMs fluctuate. On performance mode or max RPM you can hear occasional liquid gushing sounds because of this for some people.

Together with dodgy 3rd party control utilities that may not respond real time as fast as BIOS settings, you may hurt the pump in the long run in such scenarios. Got some product manager in corsair forums mention before thes asetek pumps are not designed to run at variable RPM.

When I was on an AIO, rad fans into CPU_Fan, pump into CPU_OPT no issues at all. I think these asetek AIOs are adapted to run in a more gamer friendly control UI and the use of daisy chaining over direct control, direct cable inputs have hurt the AIO reliability.
i no exp with aio, but curious on my board i believe the w_pump header is always 100%, but cpu_opt follows cpu_fan
cuz i use cpu_opt for my 2nd fan on d15s, and it ramps up & down following the main cpu fan

but for ur example, w/o splitter at least the current is more stable for the pump, i think?

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can set ur CPU OPT to be 100% at all temperature points, "critical temperature" (aka overheat temperature) also set very low so it maintains 100%. Maybe just set the header to DC mode.

After that some AIOs allow you to configure in their software tool to run at silent mode (around 1/2 of max rpm) or 100% rpm. Should be quite stable in power output that way.

Then CPU_Fan (Rad fan) do as u like either on software or BIOS, the pump and fans will be independent this way.

hlots123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can set ur CPU OPT to be 100% at all temperature points, "critical temperature" (aka overheat temperature) also set very low so it maintains 100%. Maybe just set the header to DC mode.

After that some AIOs allow you to configure in their software tool to run at silent mode (around 1/2 of max rpm) or 100% rpm. Should be quite stable in power output that way.

Then CPU_Fan (Rad fan) do as u like either on software or BIOS, the pump and fans will be independent this way.
oic urs can; but on my board the cpu_opt got no setting, is just "slaved" to cpu_fan
http://www.overclock.net/t/1568154/...70-motherboards-q-a-thread/5280#post_25720204
http://www.overclock.net/t/1640988/cpu-fan-error-on-booth-with-new-build#post_26419508

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Raja shushu sho noti :s34:

Anyway it worked on mine (there's an external fan hub pcb) until 2202 where any later BIOS i lost a fair bit of min rpm with the bios qfan rpm detection.

I could also be wrong, may have used another header like EXT_FAN or CHA_FAN, but overall is a separate hesder :o.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

interesting read, book marked, thanks

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At the length in time I had a single H80i GT, there are HWC zehzehs that cycled thru 2-3 H100i GT/V2 that died with 0RPM pump.

Moi ask if this is some potentially good workaround to try but most peepur bo hiew moi :s34:

In addition if your asetek aio has a silent mode you may want to run that.

Over years and temperature cycling the propylene glycol coolant levels will drop from liquid permeation through the tubing so as it ages the pump will suck in more pockets of air, especially in performance mode. By dropping to silent mode, it sucks in a lot less air so the RPM stability improves as well.

You lose about a negligible few degrees of cooling potential this way but noise output reduces, as per user comments on the respective AIO brand forum and sometimes reviews.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
At the length in time I had a single H80i GT, there are HWC zehzehs that cycled thru 2-3 H100i GT/V2 that died with 0RPM pump.

Moi ask if this is some potentially good workaround to try but most peepur bo hiew moi :s34:

In addition if your asetek aio has a silent mode you may want to run that.

Over years and temperature cycling the propylene glycol coolant levels will drop from liquid permeation through the tubing so as it ages the pump will suck in more pockets of air, especially in performance mode. By dropping to silent mode, it sucks in a lot less air so the RPM stability improves as well.

You lose about a negligible few degrees of cooling potential this way but noise output reduces, as per user comments on the respective AIO brand forum and sometimes reviews.

Good read. Thanks.

The NZXT Kraken X62 only has USB 2.0 Connector to MB and Sata Power connector that goes into the pump. There was also connector for CPU_Fan and 4 split pwn fan connectors for Push/Pull that was from the pump block as well.

I have it set at Silence setting for the duration of the use. Unlucky it died.

Meanwhile, Air-cooler looks like it'll last...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.