AIO Desktop for PUBG

didofido

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a pc to play PUBG / CSGO / and some games.

May i know if this spec is good for PUBG and usage for next 3 years?

Aftershock Next
i5-8400 with ASROCK Z370 ITX
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
Ram 16GB DDR4
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
TOSHIBA 1TB 3.5 INCH HDD (Buffer Size 32MB)
Price about $2.2k

Reason i am looking for AIO is due to the space constraint and ease of use.

ikkozilla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Diy same spec for around 1.5k?

I would price list this but on mobile atm..

Sent from Xiaomi MI 5S using GAGT

didofido

Reaction score
I have considered DIY as well but then again will need to + monitor cost (or use my old monitor). Then again AIO is due to space constraint. I checked the dimension of the AIO desktop it fit just nice to the small table i have.

Also, i am not confident in myself to build PC. (scared size wrong, buy wrong case etc).

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
If you really want an aio. Then this is about the best choice. The specs are fine in theory. Of course I am not sure how heat is managed but I should not matter too much.

The other choice is to get a very small pc, that will be cheaper but of course you need a monitor. You also don't seem to want to build, which is fine. For that case, I would agree that aftershock is the best option. They provide good service and after sales as well.

You can take a look at their smaller pc, the impulse and see if the size is okay. That's the other choice.

Neptunes43

Reaction score
Having this rig last you for the next 3 years should be fine. That said, playing games that are out next year and beyond may not work well on Max settings. Just to let you be aware. 1080p works best on 1060 gtx, and somewhat okay on 1440p (1070 is ideal)

didofido

Reaction score
I tried customise with the same spec on Impulse except the SSD is using M.2 Bay and the price comes out about $1.7k. If i get this i mostly need to put the casing at the back of my monitor. Heart still goes for AIO one.

Thank you very much for your imputs.

1 more question : is it worth to up the NEXT Display from 144hz FHD to 144hz QHD (+$150) or up the graphic card to GTX 1070 instead (+$200)

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried customise with the same spec on Impulse except the SSD is using M.2 Bay and the price comes out about $1.7k. If i get this i mostly need to put the casing at the back of my monitor. Heart still goes for AIO one.

1 more question : is it worth to up the NEXT Display from 144hz FHD to 144hz QHD (+$150) or up the graphic card to GTX 1070 instead (+$200)

I would get both, quite worth it for me :o

rvyne7

Reaction score
I'm using i5 (kaby lake), GTX 1060 gb and 8gb ram its more than enough for PUBG (custom-built pc cost like 1.5k small form factor node 202)

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would stick to the basics and ugrade to 1070 or 1070TI
10606gb not enough to drive 144fps at vlow for PUBG
If you upgrade to QHD, you might regret when you see your fps drop and have to dial back down to FHD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.