Men's Formal Work Bag Recommendation

nightawl

Reaction score

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i checked this out from berlutti at takashimaya just now.

it weighs a ton !

un-jour-leather-briefcase-tobacco-bis-berluti_01.jpg

https://www.berluti.com/en-us/f007-...wtype=grid-view-editorial&sz=32&to=21&start=1

xxxjhxxx

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone using braun buffel messenger bags? how long did yours last? mine just 4 years nia.. the lining inside cui alr... got tear liao

nightawl

Reaction score
anyone using braun buffel messenger bags? how long did yours last? mine just 4 years nia.. the lining inside cui alr... got tear liao

That's the problem with most bags that's sold outside. The leather might be good, but the lining inside faces the most wear and tear due to the contents shifting and generating friction. I'm not sure if there are any brands that sell briefcases/messenger bags with full leather lining too, but that's what I would look out for in future!

xxxjhxxx

Master Member
Reaction score
That's the problem with most bags that's sold outside. The leather might be good, but the lining inside faces the most wear and tear due to the contents shifting and generating friction. I'm not sure if there are any brands that sell briefcases/messenger bags with full leather lining too, but that's what I would look out for in future!

Totally spot on. The material outside (leather) is built to last but the material which they use inside is not good enough. Surprising thing is.. my 10 year old deuter bag is in perfect condition inside and out (thrown around with less care).

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want really can tahan, go for 1050D ballastic nylon - tom binh, briefing...

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

keithrocks22

Reaction score
Men's formal work bag recommendation

Hi, is Linjer bags of good quality?I bought Pedro bags before, the leather quality is quite lousy.

learningdandy

Reaction score
Hi, i’m sorry if this is inappropriate here but i have a black filson 256 for sale. Selling it at 200. PM me if interested!

Johnpierpontmorgan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a Braun buffel briefcase

Condition is still good but after some usage with wet hands,

The handle started to have some odour

Any way to remove or does B.B. do the whole handle change for some fees?

I send to B.B. maintenance but didn’t look like much has been done

nightawl

Reaction score
Any way to remove or does B.B. do the whole handle change for some fees?

I send to B.B. maintenance but didn’t look like much has been done

I highly doubt that BB will be able to change the whole handle - the briefcases are usually made on a production line and they are not setup to do individual repairs. Probably better off finding a local leathercrafter who can do it for you. All the best!

Fiery84

Reaction score
Their bags are really well made. I bought a soft briefcase last year and it’s still in good condition other then the scratches from my cats lol.

Hi, is Linjer bags of good quality?I bought Pedro bags before, the leather quality is quite lousy.

Silverback84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Their bags are really well made. I bought a soft briefcase last year and it’s still in good condition other then the scratches from my cats lol.
The new linjer bags are made from different quality although they claimed it is better now but let's wait and see.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.