Want to buy Amazon Fire during Black Friday

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/05/google-pulling-youtube-echo-show-fire-tv-failed-talks-amazon/

They are blocking products which have YouTube pre-installed. Fire tablets never had the apps in the first place. Unless Amazon blocks ability to sideload APK ( rumored to be in next Fire OS based on Nougat ) then there shouldn't be any major issues.

starry_starry_night

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They are blocking products which have YouTube pre-installed. Fire tablets never had the apps in the first place. Unless Amazon blocks ability to sideload APK ( rumored to be in next Fire OS based on Nougat ) then there shouldn't be any major issues.

Actually they do all these for what??? Damn redundant man. Just making people avoid their products only :s22:

u0206397

Reaction score
Google going to block YouTube on fire HD tablet next year ler

So is the YouTube blocking an Amazon's decision to force everyone using Fire to only watch its own video service, or is Google fixing its competitor?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually they do all these for what??? Damn redundant man. Just making people avoid their products only :s22:

Who are you referring to ?

If you are talking about Amazon, they want a price of the cake with paying full piece. Android AOSP is free for use but the Google apps are proprietary and not part of AOSP. Use of the apps comes with terms and conditions.

If you are talking about Google, they are defending the intellectual property. Because that's how they earn money.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So is the YouTube blocking an Amazon's decision to force everyone using Fire to only watch its own video service, or is Google fixing its competitor?

Based on articles, it's implied that Amazon doesn't want Google smart home devices on its online stores competing with its own brand products. So tit for tat, Google pulls support for YouTube app.

newfrog

Reaction score
Fire 7 & HD8 sale on

Amazon has reduced Fire 7 and HD8 prices to same level of Black Friday. HD10 prices is $20 higher than BF sale.
Not sure for how long so better hoot liao.

jujube

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alot of apps from Google Play cannot install. OS too outdated

Sent from Tan Kin Lian's Thermometer using GAGT

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alot of apps from Google Play cannot install. OS too outdated

Shouldn't be that bad... Current fire os minimum at marshmallow already, with nougat for the next update.

starry_starry_night

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who bought fire HD 8, your devices working fine?

Sadly mine have an issue with the screen already. Never drop it or subjected it to harsh conditions yet the screen just went unresponsive out of a sudden. Follow the troubleshooting guides also can't be resolved.

I don't think is due to poor quality of the device la, most probably is just unlucky.

Send the device back to US already. Kind of sad about it because I really like the tablet :(

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 x fire 7 one for my helper one for me to play with

Anyone can advise me where I can buy the casing for it?

Also is it possible to install apk on it?

Mine arriving on Monday

jujube

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually no need casing

SpeedWeed

Master Member
Reaction score
It’s true for $40 probably not worth buying screen protector and casing

It’s a fuss free tablet at a price point that is unbeatable despite the restrictions

Actually no need casing

newfrog

Reaction score

Mine arriving on Monday

Many cheap casings on qoo10 from China based sellers.
Just download any apk onto uSD card and install from there

freezerz

Reaction score

Mine arriving on Monday
It's really quite easy to install Google Play store on it. Just google and there are lots of details guides. So far, I have no issues installing any apps from the Play store.

RoLanTo

Master Member
Reaction score
fire hd 8 working.. installed apk to watch movie and stream to smart TV..

no need buy those china tv box :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.