Malaysia prepaid card

syedafiff

Reaction score
I thought TRON is the best for long validity and low usage use?

If I not wrong, can topup even rm5 to renew another year.

oMdMvAl.png
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yKfmBpcedACqwn9H9euQegV0Yyp8D5fK/view?usp=drivesdk

yes you can get infinity amount of validity with tron but the data rate still need to pay n use monthly and at these rates. Refer attachment

Rieru

Reaction score
hi bros & sis, i have query about reloading digi prepaid line.
Any convenient/best way to reload the credits online while i in SG.
Since we can;t check the balance in SG unless switching on the roaming on that line.

Let me know if i understand wrongly how those prepaid line work.
newbie here :s13:=:p

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since we can;t check the balance in SG unless switching on the roaming on that line.

I have never do any online top up, so not able to advise you on this.

For checking credit balance, no need on the roaming option. Just use SG local internet or home WIFI and login via MyDigi mobile app.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you want to reload while in SG, can consider doing it here - https://www.e-pay.com.my/shop/category/1/mobile-reload - payment with credit card. It'll generate the 16-digit code for you to enter for your reload... can use the MyDigi app to do it as well.

kitkat2

Reaction score

all malaysian prepaids have roaming turned on by default.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What the best prepaid for internet in JB?

One day, week, or long term?

How much data will you require per day, per week, or long term (daily requirement)?

How much effort are you willing to put in to do the data subscription, do the reload, or watch the card's expiry? How much $ are you willing to spend each time or monthly.

If you've looked at previous discussions, you'd know that no one can give you the best answer to your (vague?) question. Some will give you his/her suggestion based on their own usage patterns, and dealers will give you whatever they're pushing.

My own straightforward suggestion would be go get a DiGi Best card. Why? Coz it's the simplest all-rounder IMO.

kitkat2

Reaction score
Almost. Not for Tron - no roaming option... at least not in SG.

knew someone would raise tron and friendi.

let me rephrase. all malaysian prepaids that support roaming will have roaming enabled by default and no way for you to turn it off directly.

kitkat2

Reaction score
Yes I like their RM1 daily data plan, just need to activate for the few days there and good enough for texting.

LUnsUZu.png

rm1 for 30mb, rm5 for 150mb, overuse is 10 sen per mb...ouch!

while singaporeans are crazy over long active periods, i go for long passive period. cards with long active periods come with a higher cost usually hidden in the data rates.

Last edited:

sellbuyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One day, week, or long term?

How much data will you require per day, per week, or long term (daily requirement)?

How much effort are you willing to put in to do the data subscription, do the reload, or watch the card's expiry? How much $ are you willing to spend each time or monthly.

If you've looked at previous discussions, you'd know that no one can give you the best answer to your (vague?) question. Some will give you his/her suggestion based on their own usage patterns, and dealers will give you whatever they're pushing.

My own straightforward suggestion would be go get a DiGi Best card. Why? Coz it's the simplest all-rounder IMO.
long period for keeping the sim, but i go JB only for 1 day shopping.

mainly for grab/uber usage.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
long period for keeping the sim, but i go JB only for 1 day shopping.

mainly for grab/uber usage.

Right...

Though OneXOX comes with 28-month validity (subject to T&Cs), I'd say not really suitable for your use, I feel.

I'd still suggest going for DiGi Best. A couple of members here have shared a few times how one can maintain the card if you don't want to pay RM108 for 1-year validity (comes with free data fast and slow), or you can check their website on how this plan works. (Grace period for this is... 75 days.)

Offhand, the RM1 300MB daily data will do for your Grab/Uber usage. I've tried their free basic internet to Grab at Bukit Indah before, and couldn't get the app to work quickly enough. So just subscribe and let them deduct the RM1.

Edit:
See the table here http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Prepaid/Super-Long-Life/ta-p/13004
If you buy now, yours will be Digi Prepaid Best 2017, so one method to reactivate the card during its grace period is to subscribe for 1-day Super Long Life (SLL).

Last edited:

syedafiff

Reaction score

while singaporeans are crazy over long active periods, i go for long passive period. cards with long active periods come with a higher cost usually hidden in the data rates.
Not with Onexox. Xox does not have pay per use charges. It is either you keep the data or not use the data. The rest will carry forward without any hidden charges.
FYI guys, Xox is the only Telco that has syariah compliance certificate. Meaning that it doesn't burden users with short validity, and doesn't have any hidden charges.
Simply saying, you can use 500MB/30days for cost of rm2.50 only. The remaining data carries forward to be used in any month. Tell me any telco other than Onexox which have 10gb, that can be seperately activated in 500mb/30days, which lasts for 20month for a single topup.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not with Onexox. Xox does not have pay per use charges. It is either you keep the data or not use the data. The rest will carry forward without any hidden charges.
FYI guys, Xox is the only Telco that has syariah compliance certificate. Meaning that it doesn't burden users with short validity, and doesn't have any hidden charges.
Simply saying, you can use 500MB/30days for cost of rm2.50 only. The remaining data carries forward to be used in any month. Tell me any telco other than Onexox which have 10gb, that can be seperately activated in 500mb/30days, which lasts for 20month for a single topup.

Have you looked into or compared this with Tune Talk's +Vibe?

sellbuyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Right...

Though OneXOX comes with 28-month validity (subject to T&Cs), I'd say not really suitable for your use, I feel.

I'd still suggest going for DiGi Best. A couple of members here have shared a few times how one can maintain the card if you don't want to pay RM108 for 1-year validity (comes with free data fast and slow), or you can check their website on how this plan works. (Grace period for this is... 75 days.)

Offhand, the RM1 300MB daily data will do for your Grab/Uber usage. I've tried their free basic internet to Grab at Bukit Indah before, and couldn't get the app to work quickly enough. So just subscribe and let them deduct the RM1.

Edit:
See the table here http://community.digi.com.my/t5/Prepaid/Super-Long-Life/ta-p/13004
If you buy now, yours will be Digi Prepaid Best 2017, so one method to reactivate the card during its grace period is to subscribe for 1-day Super Long Life (SLL).
I don't understand SLL 1RM ... can explain further?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't understand SLL 1RM ... can explain further?

If my understanding is correct, you will pay RM1 to subscribe 1 day validity, this will re-activate your DIGI mobile line.

1-2 day later, your line will go into passive/grace period of 75 days.

martintylor

Reaction score

Where to get tron sim card? Even in Meleka also cannot get when I went few yrs back

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.