Not open for further replies.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can't wait for Western release. :D

Also, anyone bought LocoRoco 2 Remastered? :s12:

smokysalmon

Reaction score
hi guys, planning to get a ps4 slim tomorrow. (in anticipation for mhw)

i've checked online and it seems only sony stores carries standalone slim 1tb? game shops are mostly 500gb standalone or games bundle with 1tb.

do i really need 1tb? i doubt i will have more than 8 games at a time.

if i get the 500gb then my options are much broader as there is this HITS bundle (500gb + 3 games) for $449

have another question about display.

i borrowed my cousin's ps4 today and hooked it to my u2417h via hdmi while connecting my pc speaker to my monitor's audio out which solves the sound issue. however, since u2417h has only 1 hdmi port, i cannot use my pc at the same time.

theoretically, it is possible to connect my pc > monitor via displayport and ps4 to monitor via hdmi simultaneously right? like that all i have to do it switch the souce input on my monitor.

but if i do that, will my speaker output sound from ps4 or my pc or both?

would appreciate any advice, thanks!

dio brando

Master Member
Reaction score

u buying PS4 for MHW? strongly suggest u get pro. pro got extra graphic/fps settings over standard PS4 (for MHW).

pro doesn't cost that much more, since u alrdy decide to spend "buying 1 console for 1 game" liao, might as well spend abit more get the best experience.

smokysalmon

Reaction score
u buying PS4 for MHW? strongly suggest u get pro. pro got extra graphic/fps settings over standard PS4 (for MHW).

pro doesn't cost that much more, since u alrdy decide to spend "buying 1 console for 1 game" liao, might as well spend abit more get the best experience.

nah i dont require the upgrades of pro version.

besides i'm planning to get other games as well lah, not purely for mhw

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score

i've checked online and it seems only sony stores carries standalone slim 1tb? game shops are mostly 500gb standalone or games bundle with 1tb.

if i get the 500gb then my options are much broader as there is this HITS bundle (500gb + 3 games) for $449

i borrowed my cousin's ps4 today and hooked it to my u2417h via hdmi while connecting my pc speaker to my monitor's audio out which solves the sound issue. however, since u2417h has only 1 hdmi port, i cannot use my pc at the same time.

theoretically, it is possible to connect my pc > monitor via displayport and ps4 to monitor via hdmi simultaneously right? like that all i have to do it switch the souce input on my monitor.

As said above, PS4 MHW is not great. consider getting a ps4 pro.

Getting a 500gb is no issue. You can use an external hdd which if you get a proper drive, you can achieve very close speeds anyway.

Yes you can connect pc using DP and ps4 using HDMI. that is actually very much preferred. another solution is to get a HDMI switcher.

The audio, assuming you are getting it from the monitor's 3.5mm audio jack, will be according to what the output is. So if you are on DP, the audio will be the PC.

smokysalmon

Reaction score
As said above, PS4 MHW is not great. consider getting a ps4 pro.

Getting a 500gb is no issue. You can use an external hdd which if you get a proper drive, you can achieve very close speeds anyway.

Yes you can connect pc using DP and ps4 using HDMI. that is actually very much preferred. another solution is to get a HDMI switcher.

The audio, assuming you are getting it from the monitor's 3.5mm audio jack, will be according to what the output is. So if you are on DP, the audio will be the PC.

you mean.. there is a significant difference for mhw on ps4 slim vs pro?

so displayport will overwrite hdmi when it comes to outputting the audio from monitor's 3.5mm?

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
you mean.. there is a significant difference for mhw on ps4 slim vs pro?

so displayport will overwrite hdmi when it comes to outputting the audio from monitor's 3.5mm?

For MHW. Yes. the ps4 pro can get framerates of nearly 40 to 50 but ps4 can barely hit 30. (Note this is for the beta. maybe the final game will be better). So if its your main gaming console. A ps4 pro is much preferred. For me, I have a good PC and only play very few games on my ps4, so i got a slim.

The monitor audio. Its not overwriting. Whatever source is selected, the audio will be that. So if its DP, then pc audio. If its HDMI, then ps4 audio.

smokysalmon

Reaction score
For MHW. Yes. the ps4 pro can get framerates of nearly 40 to 50 but ps4 can barely hit 30. (Note this is for the beta. maybe the final game will be better). So if its your main gaming console. A ps4 pro is much preferred. For me, I have a good PC and only play very few games on my ps4, so i got a slim.

The monitor audio. Its not overwriting. Whatever source is selected, the audio will be that. So if its DP, then pc audio. If its HDMI, then ps4 audio.

oh that makes sense for the audio bit! i was hoping it'd be that way hahah

from what you said and what i looked up online, maybe i should get a ps4pro since i don't own any earlier versions of it. does it matter that i dont have/plan to buy a 4k tv/monitor with all that hdr jazz and stuff? it'll still look as good on a 1080 screen right?

ElZedHaitch

Reaction score
oh that makes sense for the audio bit! i was hoping it'd be that way hahah

from what you said and what i looked up online, maybe i should get a ps4pro since i don't own any earlier versions of it. does it matter that i dont have/plan to buy a 4k tv/monitor with all that hdr jazz and stuff? it'll still look as good on a 1080 screen right?

So you realize I been always saying for MHW. Every game is different.

But for MHW, there is a mode called performance mode or something where it will lower the graphics but improve the frame rate. There are many games that it will not improve the game much for 1080p. So PS4 pro will never be worse, but sometimes it is only very slightly better or exactly the same. It will look better on a 4k screen but you will not get the benefit.

You have to decide if its worth it for you. I can say for MHW, it seems like it will be worth it. who knows after the beta, maybe it will be more or less the same. but in general, usually ps4 pro gives you better framerates or at least more stable framerates

smokysalmon

Reaction score
So you realize I been always saying for MHW. Every game is different.

But for MHW, there is a mode called performance mode or something where it will lower the graphics but improve the frame rate. There are many games that it will not improve the game much for 1080p. So PS4 pro will never be worse, but sometimes it is only very slightly better or exactly the same. It will look better on a 4k screen but you will not get the benefit.

You have to decide if its worth it for you. I can say for MHW, it seems like it will be worth it. who knows after the beta, maybe it will be more or less the same. but in general, usually ps4 pro gives you better framerates or at least more stable framerates

yes, stable framerates are always welcomed.

if i dont intend to get a bundled set, i can just get it from a sony store or something right? it's $599 for pro.

ss2naruto

Reaction score

if you don't plan only buying lots of games anytime soon then 500gb is sufficient. you can just upgrade the hdd to bigger capacity or plug an external hdd to your ps4 in the future if you don't have space.
for the 2nd question, it will output based on the input on screen. you switch to hdmi input then it will output the ps4 audio if it connected through HDMI. same as your pc through display port.

smokysalmon

Reaction score
i think i will get the slim 500gb slim bundle @449, looks most value for money liao

inclusive of horizon's dawn, uncharted 4 and gow.

can sell off uc4 to get the game i want

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i will get the slim 500gb slim bundle @449, looks most value for money liao

inclusive of horizon's dawn, uncharted 4 and gow.

can sell off uc4 to get the game i want

I would just wait for Xmas or another sale before buying, Slim was less than $300 with vouchers, Pro was $500.

Horizon Zero Dawn no DLC only $40, UC4 is $20, GOW is less than $20.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would just wait for Xmas or another sale before buying, Slim was less than $300 with vouchers, Pro was $500.

Horizon Zero Dawn no DLC only $40, UC4 is $20, GOW is less than $20.

Not likely to be like 11/11 le even on Christmas. They did that sale 2 weeks before amazon Black Friday because they know their business will suffer if they don’t give that kind of price.

Fat_Bastard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like no special sale on Singapore psn this Christmas.

Only got that stupid family games sales with silly games. Disappointing.

Smokysalmon - I'll suggest you get a PS4 pro also. You get benefits even if you're not using a 4k TV.

Last edited:

Wenbin87

Reaction score
Anyone using G29 or thrustmaster wheels? Can feedback which one is better? Shopitree now selling G29 at promo now, but review says thrustmaster seems better, maybe anyone used before can feedback?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
You missed the $35 for 1 year PS+ promo, don't think there will be any good ones anytime soon. :(
Confirmed won't have any Asia PS+ subscription discount at least until Jan 4, cos Taiwan already having this promo (only available in Taiwan):

玩家只要於2017年12月22日至2018年1月4日期間於PS Store線上購買或實體兌換12個月會籍,即有機會抽中SONY BRAVIA 4K電視,詳細獎項如下:

豪華電視獎─SONY BRAVIA 4K電視(KD-55X7000E) 共1名
虛擬實境獎─PlayStation®VR攝影機豪華全配包 共3名
特別獎─PlayStation®Store兌換金額NT$1,000 共15名

Also:

ps_plus_cushion.jpg

https://asia.playstation.com/cht-tw/latest-news/2017/ps-plus-xmas-campaign/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.