[OFFICIAL] Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook

megallica

Reaction score
Wanna get the 16gb ram but it is no longer available on Dell sg site?
Do ebay sets come with warranty?

Toxicblackout

Reaction score
Are we able to custom order? I know in the US they can do that by phone. I want to get the 15.6inch with 4K but only want i5 and lower memory since can update by myself later on. SG like quite limited in configurations.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm selling mine.. 2016 model 1080P screen with SSD inside. Super underutilised, perfect condition, no scratches or dents, come with Dell premier sleeve, PM me if interested.

Middle-C

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woot! Happy to join the club! Just got my Dell XPS 13 today. i5 1080p model. Miss the good old matte screens on laptops. No coil whine thus far!

Middle-C

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, may I know whats the battery life that you guys are looking at?

I'm using wireless. browsing webpages (no youtube videos) and I'm at 75% w 3hrs22mins est time left.

Did a clean install of Windows 10. So no Dell programmes at all... is that going to be an issue?

PengZzz

Reaction score
Planning to get xps 15. Just wandering where did you guys buy your xps13? Challenger, best denki or from Dell. Thanks

jollyboi

Master Member
Reaction score

I'm using wireless. browsing webpages (no youtube videos) and I'm at 75% w 3hrs22mins est time left.

Did a clean install of Windows 10. So no Dell programmes at all... is that going to be an issue?
Estimated time sometimes not accurate. Can probably last alot longer

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All,

Lets make this thread the official discussion for Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook :)

Owners, seekers, ex-owners are welcome to join :D

Feel free to discuss about your experience about this ultrabook, accessories that you use and where to get them, tweaks and upgrades, etc2.

Price:
08-Mar-2012: $1499 - Launched at IT Show Singapore, Dell Singapore

Links:
Official Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook - Link

XPS 13 Ultrabook Review:
Techiecop: Link
PC World: Link
MobileTechReview: Link
Cnet: Link
Hot Hardware: Link
Business Insider: Link
Wow .. it has been 5.5 years since I bought this laptop.

Not bad leh Dell!

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yours high res display?

PengZzz

Reaction score
Hi. Just purchased Xps 15 today from best denki, however the warranty for the laptop shows July 27'2017. Could the laptop be a return set. Anyone face this issue. Thanks

123xyz

Reaction score
Looking to get the dell xps 15 with graphics card but the price is way above other brand laptops with the same specs. Is the dell xps worth the premium price and do they last longer than other laptops?

njstone9

Reaction score
battery health 45% after 14 months

Hi,

My Dell XPS 13 battery health is just 45% after 14 months of useage. The battery lasts about 3 hours in battery saving mode.

a) is this acceptable? I am out of warranty but should this be covered still?

b) If I have to pay for a new battery myself, is it better to get a shop to replace it and is there a particular battery I can buy which will give me better life.

I've never managed to get more than 5 hours of the laptop even when I've tweaked the power saving mode.

Thanks!

sumanth1234

Reaction score
Hi,

My Dell XPS 13 battery health is just 45% after 14 months of useage. The battery lasts about 3 hours in battery saving mode.

a) is this acceptable? I am out of warranty but should this be covered still?

b) If I have to pay for a new battery myself, is it better to get a shop to replace it and is there a particular battery I can buy which will give me better life.

I've never managed to get more than 5 hours of the laptop even when I've tweaked the power saving mode.

Thanks!

I doubt Dell would replace the battery free of charge as it is put of warranty. My xps 13 gives around 9 hrs on battery saving mode. You should have contacted them when your laptop was in warranty. Your battery backup is quite bad.

You can try to check with them if they do provide free service in your case.

If you are comfortable to open your laptop and replace battery yourself, go ahead. There are lots of tutorials online. Make sure you get the genuine battery. Don't take the risk with cheaper or fake ones

symbiote28

Reaction score
hi all,

i've been researching for my first ever laptop and i think i'm pretty much decided on the xps 13 but which variant to get? i'll be doing mainly basic stuffs and heavy on photo editing like on the photoshop and lightroom. i don't think i'll be playing any AAA games that sorts and basically would be using an external monitor for my setup at home. don't think i'll be bring this laptop out alot but there might be some rare occasion that i do.

would appreciate some recommendations. thank you!

ramius_mark

Reaction score
Linux on XPS

Anybody running Ubuntu on the XPS? Any idea if the XPS 13 Developer Edition is coming to Singapore?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.