Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Anybody has tried comparing the beoplay E8 and Sony wf1000x?
How does the bragi dash pro sound like?

I have and sold off the Sony WF-1000x. Currently using the Beoplay E8. Both are very good. WF-1000x after the latest 1.07 update minimized the right earbud disconnection problem. E8 pairing is a bitch. Took me 2 hours to figure out how to pair and I have used over 10 types of truly wireless earbuds and this have me scratching my head thinking if I got a lemon. Once pair the sound is really very good.

E8 currently is my favorite.

Have not tried Dash pro but have used Dash before. Dash has this background noise and is quite distracting. I have my eye on Dash pro but the price of $528 local warranty at weareready.sg is too expensive. Will wait awhile to see if the price will go down.

v1hypersg

Reaction score
how long can the Beoplay E8 last ?

seems like all these ear buds the operating hours is like only 2 to 3 hrs only,

musicsg_com

Reaction score
I have and sold off the Sony WF-1000x. Currently using the Beoplay E8. Both are very good. WF-1000x after the latest 1.07 update minimized the right earbud disconnection problem. E8 pairing is a bitch. Took me 2 hours to figure out how to pair and I have used over 10 types of truly wireless earbuds and this have me scratching my head thinking if I got a lemon. Once pair the sound is really very good.

Have not tried Dash pro but have used Dash before. Dash has this background noise and is quite distracting. I have my eye on Dash pro but the price of $528 local warranty at weareready.sg is too expensive. Will wait awhile to see if the price will go down.

Hey I thought I was the only one with smartphone pairing problems on the E8! Good thing I had no issues with dedicated DAP.

Bragi Dash audio is not good for audiophiles though the features are great.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
how long can the Beoplay E8 last ?

seems like all these ear buds the operating hours is like only 2 to 3 hrs only,

The longest lasting TWE is Samsung IconX 2018, about 6 hours. But sound quality is poor unless paired with Samsung phones.

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wf 1000x is weird. When I do pairing or turning it on by pressing the left button for 7secs, the right side doesn’t turn on, no sound at all. When the voice said power on, it’s only on the left ear. I had to switch between ambient sound on/off or NC off for the right side to have sound.

Anyone experienced same problem?

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hey guys recently bought this wireless earbud from miniso. It don't have noise canceling or any impressive features but just plain music connection. At S$42 it offer much bettter sound clarity and connection than other expensive model. I had owned Samsung icon x, air by crazybady and the recent Sony x1000. I would say it give the best connection which these more expensive model can't match. The volume is reasonably loud and I can play over 2 hrs comfortably. No cradle provided but charging is quite easy with the attach usb cable.

Good for those who are looking for decent clarity with good connection at cheap price point .

Saw this post and went Miniso today. Hooted one later go home try out :o

John010

Reaction score
My wf 1000x is weird. When I do pairing or turning it on by pressing the left button for 7secs, the right side doesn’t turn on, no sound at all. When the voice said power on, it’s only on the left ear. I had to switch between ambient sound on/off or NC off for the right side to have sound.

Have you tried to update the latest firmware?

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score

Is it charged? U need to press down both ends of the earbud into the charging case and each earbud should have a red light.

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no issue with mine

chanbri

Reaction score

Does the E8 pairing give much difficulty in pairing every time or just because they have a different meridian other brands? I also usually don't read the manuals. I've heard in some reviews that the E's don't come with voice prompts which some may actually like to have.

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
Does the E8 pairing give much difficulty in pairing every time or just because they have a different meridian other brands? I also usually don't read the manuals. I've heard in some reviews that the E's don't come with voice prompts which some may actually like to have.

After pairing connection is flawless. It is more like the pairing instruction is not clear.

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after using wf-1000x for 3 weeks (1 or 2 days/week cos NS...)
+ the new firmware
the drop off is almost not there alr
take mrt all these, right side nv drop off even once

suchaloser

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Loving the E8. Been using for a week now and it's just really sleek looking. The sound is exciting!

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
If I'm using a Samsung S8, would you guys recommend me to get Sony WF-1000X or Samsung IconX 2018?

I've shortlisted to this 2, really unsure which to get, the reliability of the connection is a big factor for me, and probably I will use it for some runnings....

Based on this alone I would have chosen IconX already, but then some say the IconX sound sounds alot worse than Sony WF-1000x...

Gadgetfreakloh

Reaction score
If I'm using a Samsung S8, would you guys recommend me to get Sony WF-1000X or Samsung IconX 2018?

I've shortlisted to this 2, really unsure which to get, the reliability of the connection is a big factor for me, and probably I will use it for some runnings....

Based on this alone I would have chosen IconX already, but then some say the IconX sound sounds alot worse than Sony WF-1000x...

Ok my take. Sony WF-1000x good sound but SBC profile which S8 is using will give only 2 hours of playtime regardless NC on or off.

Gear Icon X 2017 playtime 5 hours SBC profile. Got sport coaching n heartbeat monitoring and also 4gb storage. Also now around $250+?

It seem that gear icon X 2017 is the more value one.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.