NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

wahahaash

Reaction score
I received the email regarding employment offer and appointment briefing last afternoon at 4pm.

The briefing will be held on 28 December in the morning.

Employment start date: 5 February
may I ask whether you have attended the EPT Test?
Thank you very much

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
Guess its game over for me for any chance of making it for 5th feb batch, if i am not already rejected. Haisss T_T

roxysquare88

Reaction score
Congratulations!
I’m still waiting.

Hopefully, we could attend the briefing and start the teaching stint on the same dates!

Alice and Mavis, I am certain that the SMS and offer email will arrive soon. Keep each other posted ok?

(Anyone else? Primary Chinese? I shall slowly gather whatapps peer support members.)

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
I din get shortlisted email. Only ask me to take EPT on 30th nov.

Assuming this briefing on 28th dec is the only briefing for the 5th feb batch.. Today is over, christmas is on monday, only 2 working days before 28th, no time for shortlist + medical :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

unless.. there are multiple briefing sessions for one batch? but i no longer am that hopeful..

nibbles

Reaction score
Hopefully, we could attend the briefing and start the teaching stint on the same dates!

Alice and Mavis, I am certain that the SMS and offer email will arrive soon. Keep each other posted ok?

(Anyone else? Primary Chinese? I shall slowly gather whatapps peer support members.)

I went for medical on 11th december. Status got changed to shortlisted but no "medical/salary" email or 28th briefing like what others have mentioned. If the briefing is on 28th and what another member of this thread has predicted (now end of the week + 2 working days left before 28th) then i dont have high hopes of getting to be in 5th feb batch as well..

bruceWayne5

Reaction score
I went for medical on 11th december. Status got changed to shortlisted but no "medical/salary" email or 28th briefing like what others have mentioned. If the briefing is on 28th and what another member of this thread has predicted (now end of the week + 2 working days left before 28th) then i dont have high hopes of getting to be in 5th feb batch as well..

All the best! :) You have a higher chance since there is only one barrier for you left. I am still at risk of being rejected since I am not shortlisted yet (> 6 weeks :s11:)

Nanatata

Reaction score
Assuming this briefing on 28th dec is the only briefing for the 5th feb batch.. Today is over, christmas is on monday, only 2 working days before 28th, no time for shortlist + medical :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

unless.. there are multiple briefing sessions for one batch? but i no longer am that hopeful..
I think there are multiple briefing sessions. But there are chances that we might not start in Feb if we are shortlisted.
However, I remember there was a post last yr whereby received on last day of Dec, medical and offer letter all came in jan and start work in Feb

nibbles

Reaction score
All the best! :) You have a higher chance since there is only one barrier for you left. I am still at risk of being rejected since I am not shortlisted yet (> 6 weeks :s11:)

Dont be dejected, for me as well, if i dont get this, perhaps i will try again for the june batch. All the best to us :)

nibbles

Reaction score
I think there are multiple briefing sessions. But there are chances that we might not start in Feb if we are shortlisted.
However, I remember there was a post last yr whereby received on last day of Dec, medical and offer letter all came in jan and start work in Feb

Im trying to think on the bright side too.. I didnt apply for the general subjects at primary level. I am shortlisted for Music. And there arent many others in this thread that are under music/art so its hard for me to check if theres a diff timeline for these subjects.. :(

Ponta230

Reaction score
I'm also slated for Feb 5 start date but gg briefing on 4 Jan(couldn't make it for 28 dec slot). My case took especially long as I'm on movement policy. So just hold on, u will get the sms/email!

Nanatata

Reaction score
I'm also slated for Feb 5 start date but gg briefing on 4 Jan(couldn't make it for 28 dec slot). My case took especially long as I'm on movement policy. So just hold on, u will get the sms/email!

Hey, r u in the civil service already? I'm wondering r we under the same "boss" if you get what I mean .

Cesium-137

Reaction score

hey bruce , dont lose hope. the fact that you havent gotten the rejection email bodes well for your case. If you dont get shortlisted this round, just wait for the June batch. In general, i believe they have a huge surplus of STEM teachers for Sec/JC , thus competition to get in would be understandably stiff and waiting times would be longer but it doesn't mean that your rejected.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.