home karaoke

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun use mic when I sing so...

And if I need lyrics I open jpg file or go website

HirumaZack

Reaction score
I believe Teo Heng karaoke systems would be a reliable choice for consideration. But thats mainly based on what I'd heard and my experience of using their systems in their Karaoke rooms rental outlets. I am also seriously considering to have Karaoke at home soon, but I wonder after buying a Karaoke system (like Teo Heng's), they should come with a load of many different song, but later how do I add new songs? Pay again?

Or is there a system, which comes with many songs, and still allow us to add in new songs without extra payments by downloading songs from purchased CDs or online sources? Or maybe just an andriod box which streams the songs at a good price and good quality?

BuiKini

Reaction score
Powerhouse home karaoke?

Hey guys check this out from my Google search:

powerhouse.com.sg

if this is good, we can all have home kbox sessions!!!

kalala

Master Member
Reaction score
the cheapest package from powerhouse is 1299.. omg

i am also worried abt the streaming quality and speed of the popsicle or similar streaming boxes.. have saw comments that the songs stops or hangs halfway during streaming and halfway singing.. and some say the video quality is no good.. (hard to balance between smooth streaming and good HD quality hor)

so also still looking for a good HDD type where songs are pre-loaded but is also looking for one where there are free updates of new songs as we usually like to sing new songs when they are available that's why we visit the ktv right... any reco?

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
actually as the originator of this thread, till date, i yet to purchase any. :s13:

like you guys, i also want the 'right' system

Moonlight

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got popsical... Link to denon amp with 5.1 system... No Bass at all... So sad... Karaoke is really different...

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
any update?

i'm still looking for a home karaoke setup,
i got the speakers, the mics but no systems nor the apps..

please help

Aditshar

Reaction score
Im having the same setup as you.
Android Box, YSP2700 soundbar and LG smart Tv, hdmi to RCA cables

My solution is to use UHF wireless mics with echo control on the mixer and RCA in and out ports.
The line out goes to RCA in (AUX 1) of YSP2700
As for the android box, i make use of the HDMI to RCA cables. The yellow cable goes to the tv, the Red and White goes to the the line in of the mixer.

The good thing is everything works out well. The bad thing is android box use analog sound.

Currently using android box with karaoke app, everything works perfectly except that mic no where to connect so can't sing.. android box mic in is not meant for singing, only for Skype, etc..

My android box is connected to my Yamaha ysp 2700 sound bar via hdmi, it does not have any mic in...

Any solution to connect a mic in this situation? I know I need some sort of a a mixer but not sure which type to buy...

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Im having the same setup as you.
Android Box, YSP2700 soundbar and LG smart Tv, hdmi to RCA cables

My solution is to use UHF wireless mics with echo control on the mixer and RCA in and out ports.
The line out goes to RCA in (AUX 1) of YSP2700
As for the android box, i make use of the HDMI to RCA cables. The yellow cable goes to the tv, the Red and White goes to the the line in of the mixer.

The good thing is everything works out well. The bad thing is android box use analog sound.

what program or equipment, you actually use for singing then?

Aditshar

Reaction score
I'm using youtube as my search engine. Well its free. I just search for the song name without vocal or karaoke version. Most of the time youtube will have few version of it. Its easy and hassle free. Just choose the best version that suit you. As for equipment, i go for minimalist look. Sound bar with wireless mic and echo mixer. Not the best setup for karaoke system but i dont do karaoke much. My setup is more for movies and music. Its just a minor add on for me to do karaoke party at home.

what program or equipment, you actually use for singing then?

billiejoe

Reaction score
I got the popsical with the soundbar and 2 wireless mics for $399. Good for new bto or for a room. Can choose to pay $3.99 for 24 hrs pass or $9.99 per month. Have all the latest english songs with original mtv. Upon buying, got 1 month free trial upon signing up for the popsical account. Good product.

Jerome987

Reaction score
I got the popsical with the soundbar and 2 wireless mics for $399. Good for new bto or for a room. Can choose to pay $3.99 for 24 hrs pass or $9.99 per month. Have all the latest english songs with original mtv. Upon buying, got 1 month free trial upon signing up for the popsical account. Good product.
Hi billiejoe, How is the sound and graphics quality for Popsical? Does how fast is the streaming? Do you encounter any problems with the streaming through? E.g. mid song hang etc.

kokchoong

Reaction score
any update?

i'm still looking for a home karaoke setup,
i got the speakers, the mics but no systems nor the apps..

please help

we have a home karaoke setup. Consist of:-

a) speakers
b) wired mics
c) karaoke amp / mixer where you connect the mics to
d) source of songs - we use starhub karaoke channel. Not the most complete selection of songs but good enough for us

have been using it for past 6 to 8 years i think. No issues so far

billiejoe

Reaction score
The graphics and sound will depend on the source of the songs. The latest ones will be in hd whereas old songs like the 80s or 90s will definitely be in sd. The streaming is very smooth with m1 broadband and starhub broadband. Never have any problem. The soundbar definitely very good to put in a room or a small bto hall.

Hi billiejoe, How is the sound and graphics quality for Popsical? Does how fast is the streaming? Do you encounter any problems with the streaming through? E.g. mid song hang etc.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm using youtube as my search engine. Well its free. I just search for the song name without vocal or karaoke version. Most of the time youtube will have few version of it. Its easy and hassle free. Just choose the best version that suit you. As for equipment, i go for minimalist look. Sound bar with wireless mic and echo mixer. Not the best setup for karaoke system but i dont do karaoke much. My setup is more for movies and music. Its just a minor add on for me to do karaoke party at home.

actually youtube is the best but not many songs are without vocal..

can't complain much as it's free after all..

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the China users... Can even find full episodes of China drama on YouTube.

You want to try to find other songs... All you get are cover versions... Which suck yet still can get 4 million views... Hooray fake viewcounts.

Aditshar

Reaction score
Well if you using android box, you can make use of those free karaoke apps in the play store. Its one alternative for chinese songs but they do have ads thou. The good thing is its free.

actually youtube is the best but not many songs are without vocal..

can't complain much as it's free after all..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.