Going for a holiday? Singtel ReadyRoam is the affordable way to stay connected.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel,

I hope the package for Readyroam can improve as other telcos are offering more GB for the same price.

every telcos have their own partner telcos overseas. Some local telcos can partner with multiple partnering telcos and then offer you with competitive data bundle but actually how useful is that its up to your own experience.

Taking example from my recent overseas trip to thailand, and i subscribed to readyroam 1GB covering 9 destinations at $12, promotion ending 31st sept 2017. in thailand, the parter telco is AIS and consistently getting 4G+ data speed and optimum WhatsApp call. Whereas starhub and m1 uses DTAC, for example, are experiencing only 3G at more locations than AIS and the WhatsApp call quality seems to be a little more inferior.

Of cos, the above are subjective to my own experience as some of my cousins are using other telcos. if for the same price range, like $15 for 2GB of roaming data, i'll gladly take it up again since i go malaysia frequently too.. :D:D

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi ongck2 & kenchi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We offer the most effective rates starting from $12/GB for multiple destinations in ASEAN and up to $35/GB for Europe and U.S.

Customers who sign up for ReadyRoam do not need to worry about incurring unintentional subscription as it is a one-time subscription for 30 days. Any excess usage during the 30-day subscription period will be topped up with 1GB at the subscription price.

Singtel,

I hope the package for Readyroam can improve as other telcos are offering more GB for the same price.

Ya singtel shou add more data or lower down the package
As others offer more data now a days

kanagi

Reaction score
Hi Singtel,

Does Readyroam service allows me to use fb, whatsapp, google in China? Thanks!

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Singtel,

Does Readyroam service allows me to use fb, whatsapp, google in China? Thanks!
Hi kanagi,

Our ReadyRoam service allows customers to access Facebook, WhatsApp and Google in China. Below is a feedback from our customer who used the data roaming service in China:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/105519692-post53.html

Do note that connection is dependent on foreign operator's network signal as well as the mobile handsets.

atqhteo

Reaction score

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/userguide/ReadyRoam_1GB_30_Days_FAQs.pdf

Hi! I read the FAQs here, which says there are some pre requisites for ReadyRoam.

You must have either:
1) a pay as u roam or autoroam service
2) a GPRS service

I'm on a postpaid plan (Sim only 3Gb for a year), how do I know whether I have GPRS service? I don't think I have any roaming service as I've never subscribed for any.
Hi atqhteo,

As you are on the SIM Only Plan 3GB, GPRS should have been turned on.

GPRS is a data service which is required for data usage both locally and overseas.

You can download the MySingtel app to check on the add-ons that you have for the SIM Only Plan 3GB. The auto-roam service or Pay as You Roam service add-on are available on the app for you to sign up.

SB57pdb.jpg

Hope this helps.

Wasaaabieeee

Reaction score
I will be in Genting, Malaysia from 28 November to 2 Dec. Was thinking of getting the 1GB for $12 plan...is the connection good though? ‘Cause I have a deal to work on while I am there so I need a strong and stable connection. Past few times I went Genting in past years they claim network is down and the WiFi super slow.

loupgarou2

Reaction score
I find singtel roaming to be so expensive. (eg: unlimited data = $25/day for roaming) . my local data plan is 31gb/month. i use typically 1gb a day. I don't want to be conservative in my usage (ie: being forced to constrain my social media habits).

i'm going to japan in march 2018, i think i will get a tourist/overseas sim for unlimited data 7 days <$30 probably. (m1 data passport seems way more economical, singtel should follow).

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
I find singtel roaming to be so expensive. (eg: unlimited data = $25/day for roaming) . my local data plan is 31gb/month. i use typically 1gb a day. I don't want to be conservative in my usage (ie: being forced to constrain my social media habits).

i'm going to japan in march 2018, i think i will get a tourist/overseas sim for unlimited data 7 days <$30 probably. (m1 data passport seems way more economical, singtel should follow).
Hi loupgarou2,

Thank you for your feedback on our ReadyRoam plans.

We would like to highlight the following two points:

(1) ReadyRoam is a 30-day subscription plan where customers do not need to worry about incurring unintentional monthly subscription. In addition, the one-time subscription is across 30 days based on the start date, so there is no issue of bill cycle cross-over.

(2) ReadyRoam preserves the capacity of local data bundle and provide additional data for each plan.

yoyolamefan

Reaction score
But singtel do have india where buying a sim over there is lengthy and painful process. M1 still doesn't have that.

However, none of the telcos have vietnam on their list.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Why is SingTel removing Vietnam from the DataRoam Saver (DRS) service coverage?
Due to a change in Vietnam’s regulations, we are no longer able to offer this service. The
Vietnam regulation affects all mobile operators around the world and is not specific to
SingTel only.

Source:
http://info.singtel.com/personal/si...r Removal of Vietnam from DRS coverage v2.pdf

Other option is to use the changi wifi egg.
https://www.changirecommends.com/owifi_price.aspx

Just my humble voice.

galaxyuser

Reaction score
SingTel ReadyRoam not as good a deal...

Tried ReadyRoam once this year during my June trip to Osaka Japan. I'd say the 1GB offer was rather meagre for the price I paid... I was still on SingTel's Combo 6 plan.

Now I'm on M1's MySIMe Unlimited Plan, and the Data Passport looks more lucrative and attractive personally, being a data hogger myself.

Bottom line here is I find there are better, more competitive alternatives to ReadyRoam. FlexiRoam X is by far the most versatile, and the best time to buy the data for topup is during their 1-for-1 data campaigns.

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Just some feedback.

Recently I had a busy travel schedule of going to Japan and later to Taiwan within 30 days span.

I used up 800MB on my Japan trip and data roaming plan was not expired while I made another trip to Taiwan on the 27th day of data roaming plan.

Above deadlock situation caused problem on mysingtel app
1. Not allow to start new dataroaming plan with start date before existing plan expiry date .

2.the auto renewal expiry date does not follow 30 days later but same expiry date per current plan.

Luckily I called up SingTel to force cancel the existing plan so that the system allowing me to subscribe to a new plan

Please fix this problem,

your auto renewal roll over plan should also treat this as new plan with new expiry date.
This is a fair trade process that your customer would appreciate rather than having plan that is too eager to extord/maximize profit.

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
Just applied ReadyRoam for my relative who will be travelling.

Must I activate the DataRoaming setting in Singtel app, currently disabled.
What else do i need to activate in phone or just leave mobile data on as normal.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just applied ReadyRoam for my relative who will be travelling.

Must I activate the DataRoaming setting in Singtel app, currently disabled.
What else do i need to activate in phone or just leave mobile data on as normal.

Answered before.. read the few posts below leh...

Need to activate from singtel app while u still got internet connection. Leave your phone settings alone so Long you know you have activated on singtel app. Make sure you also choose the setting of preferring partner telco..

vuzuuu

Reaction score
Hi SingTel, I subscribed the 1Gb dataroam 16 destinations on the 20Dec ,I have fully utilised the data yesterday and I also received a message from SingTel saying another 1Gb will be provisioned automatically. I’m ok to pay for another $20 for 1Gb data usage, but, the network don’t seem to work anymore this evening. Have try to reset my hp and turn on/off of the dataroam settings, please advise, thanks.
Need to use the service as I will stay till next Wednesday.
Thanks.

airplayseat

Reaction score
Hi SingTel, I subscribed the 1Gb dataroam 16 destinations on the 20Dec ,I have fully utilised the data yesterday and I also received a message from SingTel saying another 1Gb will be provisioned automatically. I’m ok to pay for another $20 for 1Gb data usage, but, the network don’t seem to work anymore this evening. Have try to reset my hp and turn on/off of the dataroam settings, please advise, thanks.
Need to use the service as I will stay till next Wednesday.
Thanks.

I had the same issue today in Malaysia. Way before my plan limits are reached and far from the expiry of my monthly recurring.
Tried everything from restarting phone, toggling between airplane mode, sending the SMS to activate data roaming, turning on new plan but failed as it detected my current subscription, attempted using the SingTel app when I had limited WiFi to message the SingTel guys but the service seems down.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I had the same prob more than once or I should say everytime i used this service..... Active but still cannot connect.

Had feedback before n they said will sort it out since last yr so I guess it's just lips service

Sent from 摆渡人协会 using GAGT

xuan56

Reaction score
I was wondering how do I see who is SingTel network partner in that country which I purchase ? As I have just subscribed for ready roam to Malaysia go try out the service which I know currently my phone is set to automatic network and I do have roaming service. Can u kindly please tell me where do I check on the different country network partners or hopefully give me advise on the network partner for Malaysia and Thailand as if its good I may consider getting the ready roam for my Thailand trip.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.