The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! If you/she have high nose bridge then no worries. Those plastic ones or even silicon one will work fine for you. Wrong bridge size as in what way? Sitting wrongly? Looking through wrong area??

Hi. Will wearing a spec with wrong bridge size cause pain around the eyebrow region? I have a wife and high nose bridge. Looking for rectangular shape specs. What are the types should I worry about? Thanks.

xyziop

Reaction score
around 70-100 ringgit but if they having sale, even rm30 :s31:

bought a korean style plastic frame+lens at a KSL MOG sale:

This 1 can collect immediately or need wait for a week or so? If can collect on the same day dont mind go in buy :s13:

ntec66

Reaction score
This 1 can collect immediately or need wait for a week or so? If can collect on the same day dont mind go in buy :s13:

They are very fast, all ready in 1-2 hours, one even offered to courier to singapore if a complicated lens need more time but its still definitely less than a week.

Oh just in case u are mistaken, that MOG sale photo i posted was from last year at KSL, but even without sale, prices in JB are still cheaper than here.

xyziop

Reaction score
They are very fast, all ready in 1-2 hours, one even offered to courier to singapore if a complicated lens need more time but its still definitely less than a week.

Oh just in case u are mistaken, that MOG sale photo i posted was from last year at KSL, but even without sale, prices in JB are still cheaper than here.

yup glasses in singapore is just expensive.. The one that I am wearing at home costed me like $260 but they are too ugly to be worn outside (got them in my secondary nerdy days). The other pair which I am wearing is from owndays- cheap but quality is bad.

With that being said, would my choices be sufficient if I go into jb with a budget of $150? or 450 rm :s13:

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup glasses in singapore is just expensive.. The one that I am wearing at home costed me like $260 but they are too ugly to be worn outside (got them in my secondary nerdy days). The other pair which I am wearing is from owndays- cheap but quality is bad.

With that being said, would my choices be sufficient if I go into jb with a budget of $150? or 450 rm :s13:
I believe it depends on your Astigma. Lens will be expensive if your Astigma is high.

v1hypersg

Reaction score
as you get older, you might have long sightedness, do it affect your short sightedness ?

i am 43 and recently, my glasses seems to be not very clear and i need to bring items with small wordings a distance away to see them clearly,

wonder if i should go and get my eye sight checked and maybe need to change the lenses of my 4 to 5 glasses

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for the degree to decrease? Tested my eyesight and was told that degrees decreased by 50.

kypay

Reaction score
Hi,

What is the price range for HOYA 1.67 dynamic premium lens (progressive len) after discount?

What is the different between dynamic premium vs dynamic summit? Which one is better?

Thanks....

aiers2004

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Basically I have 200 deg only in my left eye.
So I don't really need to wear glasses because my right eye compensate most of the time.

But night driving can be quite challenging and I travel quite a bit.

So I am looking for a pair of transition lens with a pair of compact frames which hopefully can be kept in a strong box which are as thin as 2cm if possible. Basically so I can keep it in my travel bag or jacket without accidentally crashing it.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
as you get older, you might have long sightedness, do it affect your short sightedness ?

i am 43 and recently, my glasses seems to be not very clear and i need to bring items with small wordings a distance away to see them clearly,

wonder if i should go and get my eye sight checked and maybe need to change the lenses of my 4 to 5 glasses

Merry xmas bro!

Long sightedness in some cases will cause ur short sightedness to improves slightly.
Whatever that is happening to you now is the result of presbyopia/laohua.
Probably you need to switch to a progressive lens. Its better to start early so as to have better adaptation or else when your reading power increases further, adaptation will be harder as you will have the common complains of giddy, dizzy, floating sensation.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for the degree to decrease? Tested my eyesight and was told that degrees decreased by 50.

Yes its normal! Apart from nature taking its course, other reasons might be sometimes your vision might fluctuate at different times of the day causing your prescription to fluctuate with it. Good example is after a long day using computer/office work and you take an eye examination, usually the power might not be as precise as you might have some difficulty focusing due to the fatigue throughout the day!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

What is the price range for HOYA 1.67 dynamic premium lens (progressive len) after discount?

What is the different between dynamic premium vs dynamic summit? Which one is better?

Thanks....

Merry Xmas bro,

i think they refer to it as trueform premium and trueform summit. Difference is premium has a wider field of view for reading and sharper clarity at distance as compared to trueform summit. But trueform summit is still better than the normal summit series lenses(economy class lenses). Pricewise is depending on the shop already. As we know, different places quotes different discount. So it subjective:)

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Basically I have 200 deg only in my left eye.
So I don't really need to wear glasses because my right eye compensate most of the time.

But night driving can be quite challenging and I travel quite a bit.

So I am looking for a pair of transition lens with a pair of compact frames which hopefully can be kept in a strong box which are as thin as 2cm if possible. Basically so I can keep it in my travel bag or jacket without accidentally crashing it.

Merry Xmas bro,

Actually this is not really good for you in long term as you are relying on one eye to do most of the heavy lifting(seeing). Might have more eye strain and all.
You can consider looking at frames like Form-max where it can bend/fold? into a thin 2-3cm thick frame? Take note that transitions doesnt really change in the car due to the UV protection your car windscreen has.
Hope this helps!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.