Home Automation Enthusiasts

gerrard73

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone tried to connect Harmony Hub directly to Google Home ? Does it work in Singapore too ?

bongpb

Reaction score
The switch is only single switch but for 3 way. I.e. on first time 1 light, off and on immediately then 2 light.....

In fact I am not sure is the blue line neutral line? Can anyone share that if u manage to change the Wifi switch for Singapore HDB flat?

yeah, i learned this the hard way, need to rewire the whole house and pull a neutral line if want to replace normal light switches with smart switches

bongpb

Reaction score
Hi Shacboi May I know how u managed to download the Amazon Alexa? I bought one recently and unable to download from Apple apps as it needs US account. Unable to create one as it needs US credit card for payment set up. Please advise. Thanks!

I'm having intermittent issue when using rm pro to control my starhub box. Need to press several times before I can on/off the box or change channel.

Can I check whether you face any intermittent issue using rm pro to control starhub box?

bongpb

Reaction score
Hi how is your experience using Sonoff?I wanted to try using Sonoff for my home automation as well. I bought a Hifi Sonoff light switch and noticed that it needs neutral line. Can this use in Singapore?

nope for me, but wanted to do a project using the Sonoff RF 433MHZ, looking around seems not bad, esp got a RF remote, then can use eWelink app to control too, most importantly is the manual button to ON/OFF on the device itself.

bongpb

Reaction score
Hi Ghee sung, r u located in Singapore?How do u manage to install the Sonoff light switch? I understand that it needs neutral line but most HDB switch does not have neutral line. Please share as I wanted to use Sonoff light switch for my home automation as well. Thanks!

Hi gheesung, did you set up the whole system by yourself? I definitely don't have any technical skills, but would like to find out more from you on your journey to home automation!

shacboi

Reaction score
Hi how is your experience using Sonoff?I wanted to try using Sonoff for my home automation as well. I bought a Hifi Sonoff light switch and noticed that it needs neutral line. Can this use in Singapore?

Hi there, as of now i havent try out... Unable to share any experience yet.

U bought the light need neutral? I tink abit issue as hdb no neutral... U may need to do rewiring lik sum did. Otherwise need to look for alternative switch.

shacboi

Reaction score
Hi Shacboi May I know how u managed to download the Amazon Alexa? I bought one recently and unable to download from Apple apps as it needs US account. Unable to create one as it needs US credit card for payment set up. Please advise. Thanks!

I download apk as im using android. For iPhone... U need create an acct using vpn.. So it will be registered as us acct.... Den it can work... Lemme try find the steps.. Sumbody shared in forum before.

lighter

Reaction score
Hi, am new to all these have some questions to ask..

I'm intending to have voice automation to on/off lights and fans in all the rooms and like to find out which is the preferred way

google home -> smart switch -> on/off lights/fans

google home -> smart things -> do i need a smart switch or bulb?

echo dot -> broadlink RM Pro -> IR/ER devices

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
So far, a rather bumpy journey. Bought a google home mini. Managed to voice control

1. Xiaomi Yeelight LED Ceiling light ( in living room)
2. Sonoff BN-SZ01 Led Ceiling light (in master bed room)

Been pondering on next order of business. Anyone here has a Fanco fan at home? any idea the RF frequency it uses?

shacboi

Reaction score
So far, a rather bumpy journey. Bought a google home mini. Managed to voice control

1. Xiaomi Yeelight LED Ceiling light ( in living room)
2. Sonoff BN-SZ01 Led Ceiling light (in master bed room)

Been pondering on next order of business. Anyone here has a Fanco fan at home? any idea the RF frequency it uses?

Yo brother, me using Fanco iCon fan, and it should be on 433mhz, because im controlling it via RM PRO. :s13:

AsusEpoxy

Master Member
Reaction score
Yo brother, me using Fanco iCon fan, and it should be on 433mhz, because im controlling it via RM PRO. :s13:

awesome man bro, may i know how RF signal is learned ah? i have taken the sonoff route and thinking of getting sonoff rf bridge.

I also got an RM Pro, but think i got a dud :( cant set it up.

shacboi

Reaction score
awesome man bro, may i know how RF signal is learned ah? i have taken the sonoff route and thinking of getting sonoff rf bridge.

I also got an RM Pro, but think i got a dud :( cant set it up.

yea Sonoff RF bridge lik S$15 only, cheap.

to learn the signal just setup RM PRO app, den for the button to learn, click learn RF... den u use the fan remote aim at RM pro on/off , den rm pro will learnt, quite straight forward.

I think sonoff one shld work more or less same.

shacboi

Reaction score
Any of u guys got the broadlink s2 kit. Together with rm pro... .. The hub n motion sensor one... Is it good?

233mmx

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all Home Automation Enthusiasts :D

Sorry I found this tread so late, but anyone who's interested, I can share my experience in running an Amazon Alexa setup to control light switches, TV, AVR, robot vacuum etc. for almost a year now

As what others have mentioned in this thread, the most economical hardware to get started would be the following:
  1. Alexa device (echo dot most economical)
  2. android TV box (as alexa bridge)
  3. Broadlink RM Pro
  4. Broadlink TC2 smart switches (1/2/3 gangs as required)

Software/Apps required
  1. RM Plugin (from Google Play Store)
  2. Broadlink e-Control (from manufacturer's website)

shacboi

Reaction score
Sorry I found this tread so late, but anyone who's interested, I can share my experience in running an Amazon Alexa setup to control light switches, TV, AVR, robot vacuum etc. for almost a year now

As what others have mentioned in this thread, the most economical hardware to get started would be the following:
  1. Alexa device (echo dot most economical)
  2. android TV box (as alexa bridge)
  3. Broadlink RM Pro
  4. Broadlink TC2 smart switches (1/2/3 gangs as required)

Software/Apps required
  1. RM Plugin (from Google Play Store)
  2. Broadlink e-Control (from manufacturer's website)

Hi there, u hav any idea if IFFFT can work with Broadlink products?

233mmx

Reaction score
Hi there, u hav any idea if IFFFT can work with Broadlink products?

I have not explored IFTTT yet as I dun have any sensors in my setup. But from the broadlink website and product literatures they do support IFTTT.

shacboi

Reaction score
I have not explored IFTTT yet as I dun have any sensors in my setup. But from the broadlink website and product literatures they do support IFTTT.

Broadlink products abit lik proprietary... They only work amongst themselves. The IFFFT they listed is referring to their own S2 hub and sensors IFFFT with Rm pro or Rm mini.

Wish they can integrate more wit other brands though so other hubs able to control rm pro at least?

In IFFFT App can see many not popular brands also but cannot find broadlink.

Last edited:

tanghaouser

Reaction score
I thinking of using broadlink to control my ceiling fan which uses RF. Problem is I don't know the frequency used by my Aeratron AE 3

shacboi

Reaction score
I thinking of using broadlink to control my ceiling fan which uses RF. Problem is I don't know the frequency used by my Aeratron AE 3

u try open up the remote casing, shld hav a sticker somewhere telling u the radio-freq, if not den need to google ard or ask manufacturer see if they can help. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.